Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Think I'm a combination, a lot of my attacks are binded to keys, but an awful lot are also binded to mouse buttons (of which I have plenty) so I'm not sure that really counts as clicking.

tbh, some casters if you really dont have to move much in PVE I don't see anything wrong with clicking, but there are a lot of melee classes/specs which I can hardely imagaine anyone being clickers for with out being awful or dying lots.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by savvasp View Post
    When I started playing I literally clicked everything besides my mount. I was 11 back then (early-mid TBC), but I started keybinding really late TBC and started adding more keybinds in late Wrath ( outside of 1 to = )
    Mount is something I DO click. Unless I'm mining/herbing, then I bind it.

Quote Originally Posted by savvasp View Post
    When I started playing I literally clicked everything besides my mount. I was 11 back then (early-mid TBC), but I started keybinding really late TBC and started adding more keybinds in late Wrath ( outside of 1 to = )
    You had a keybinding for your mount but nothing else? I used to always click my mount, until late TBC or something like that. I'd keybind everything except long cooldowns, totems and my mount.

I still find the idea that people would click to cast things like Shadow Bolt every time a bit hard do believe.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are a clicker if you use your mouse cursor to click the skill icons instead of using
    a hotkey for that skill.

That's pretty much it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I click for CDs and buffs, everything else is bound. I do need to get a new mouse so I can bind my CDs to the extra buttons though...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellesarr View Post
    when you see people entering a building as if they are parking a car*

Haha, that was a good one there! Today you win the internet

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I wouldn't consider myself a clicker, by -apathy-'s definition I'm a hybrid, but I don't keybind anything beyond shift+1-4 and that's it. Period. I use my Q and E for strafing, I'll forget where keybinds are and ultimately I don't think it effects me all that much for the classes I play. My cursor is used to manually click things I only occasionally need. (like long-term CC or drop-and-forget CC)

The only things I really need to keybind that I haven't are things like Touch of Karma which is used immediately when needed but otherwise left alone far past its CD.
    But that's the thing with clicking, you think it doesn't affect you all that much but in the end you're crippling yourself with that. You lose precious seconds clicking whatever it is you want, even your longtime cooldowns. I had to click my doomguard for a bit and just the act of locating it, moving cursor to it, clicking it, takes away my attention from other important things in the encounter and it WILL result in a dps loss (no matter how small) as well as jeopardizing both myself and the raid. Now, the more you click, the more often this happens, the bigger the dps loss, the more occasional deaths because you didn't see the debuff, fire, or missile coming at you.

Keyboardturners are of the same category. I'll never forget Sindragosa, where we had this rogue who insisted on keyboardturning. Now, this rogue was excellent on stationary fights (Saurfang), but did atrocious dps on movement fights. Why? Because he clicked. Back to the keyboardturning - Sindra does this AoE that you need to run away from right away to survive. But this rogue would keyboardturn away from her first and THEN start running, and he'd ALWAYS get hit, and often die. And he never stopped to think mmmmmmm why is that? So stuck in the idea that "this is good enough", and it "works most of the times" (questing, patchwerk fights).

This is also why I'd rather not play with clickers or keyboardturners at all. If they don't care enough about their performance, then they have no place within my raid, because though I couldn't care less if they click their daily soloing quests, clicking and keyboardturning in a multi-player environment is going to affect anyone, be it your dps being subpar or else you dying to random shit.
    Last edited by Cirque; 2012-12-09 at 07:46 PM.

I don't understand all of these people saying they only click their long CDs, I can't even begin to tell you (esp from a healers pov) how bad that is.
    If your tank is about to die and you need to cast LoH to save him, he's probably going to die if you have to click. That 3-5 second difference is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyriaa View Post
    I don't understand all of these people saying they only click their long CDs, I can't even begin to tell you (esp from a healers pov) how bad that is.
    If your tank is about to die and you need to cast LoH to save him, he's probably going to die if you have to click. That 3-5 second difference is huge.
    It's not good for everybody. Some people are simply less accurate with their fingers, and if they bound stuff like LoH, they'd be wasting it quite often by misclicks.

While we can certainly say that binding is pretty much superior, you can't expect everyone to have the same dexterity as you seem to have. If you can master it, great. If you can't, DON'T bind your long CDs.

Also, if it takes 3-5 seconds to click something... what the heck, you'd have much bigger things to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    This. I've met too many gamers who refuse to change/fix their habits, which is fine if they just want to play casually. But when those folks move onto more serious gaming (ranked play in LoL, arenas/RBGs in WoW, etc.) it's time to grow up and change habits. It doesn't matter if you think it works best for you, because you are putting a handicap on yourself that you can't get rid of until you change your play style. Even if you become near perfect at whatever game you're playing, the near-perfect players with better habits such as smartcasting in MOBAs and keybind usage in MMOs will beat you every single time. Sure it may be a half second delay that you have versus them, but when it comes to competitive/serious gaming...a half second can be the difference between victory and defeat all too frequently.
    Oh the horror they're not the best of the best because they want to play how they feel comfortable.

*sigh*
    Too few seem able to except that everyone from causal on up has a play-style that they have honed and which works best for them. Not to say that those styles shouldn't change and incorporate new things, but too often a player will insist on forcing their play-style on others. That is more toxic to the gaming experience than anything.

Hold up. So you heal using only the default UI and keybinds? The vast majority of top end healers use mouse-overs and that is, by definition, clicking.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Clicking pots or other once-a-fight abilities doesn't make you a clicker. It's only if you click rotational buttons.

Sometimes I click my long CDs even though I have them keybound, if my left hand is otherwise occupied and I don't need to turn or swap targets any time soon :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am a clicker and I am OK with it (although I do have some binds too)

We only raid 1 night a week, and currently we are 4/6 HC MV, HoF and ToES normal clear with Elite mode for Protector, and I am mostly 2nd on the dps meter.

I don't think I am doing too bad.

Hold up. So you heal using only the default UI and keybinds? The vast majority of top end healers use mouse-overs and that is, by definition, clicking.
    From what I've seen they seem to be split between Healbot/Clique style click-to-heal and Grid (without Clique) style click-to-target plus keybind healing (exactly like using the default interface now really).

I don't know if it makes sense to talk about healers in a discussion about "clickers" which is really a thing with DPS classes and maybe tanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it takes 3-5 seconds to use an ability, it is not because he is a clicker, it is because he is just pure bad.

I can click any abilities within a second.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they don't use the mouse cursor to click the skill icons they are not clickers.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Like I said in my post that you quoted (not sure if you read it fully), if you're a casual player then play how you want to, by all means! I'm just saying if you're trying to be competitive or present yourself as a competitive player, if you have bad habits you will never reach your full potential.
    And this is the attitude I was talking about. This insistence that certain techniques are the only way to play if you wanna be good.

Different people have different strengths and weaknesses and what works for some might not work for others. To be a good player one needs to do what plays best to you. No matter if it's clicking, macros, or playing while sitting upside-down. Sadly in my opinion too many players overlook this.

People who are elitist about Keyboard turning or clicking in PvE need to be put in a meat grinder, so at least humanity can get SOMETHING from their otherwise useless existence.

The people who are elitist at WoW PvP at all need to be shot into space.

Quote Originally Posted by kage View Post
    And this is the attitude I was talking about. This insistence that certain techniques are the only way to play if you wanna be good.

Different people have different strengths and weaknesses and what works for some might not work for others. To be a good player one needs to do what plays best to you. No matter if it's clicking, macros, or playing while sitting upside-down. Sadly in my opinion too many players overlook this.
    The best clicker will never be as good as the best guy who uses at least his main rotation/priority with keybinds. They just won't. Your potential is truly capped in how many things you can do at once.

You may be the best bicyclist in the world, but you will NEVER be faster than even a mediocre guy on a motorcycle.

It's a fact that someone who uses the mouse vs. keyboard turning will have a major advantage is pretty much anything. I don't care what you do. You can do whatever you want, it's your choice. But when someone can't turn around fast enough when it's time to run away from the boss's massive AoE attack, you can't blame others for being irritated at that person for using keyboard turning.

Just know you ARE limiting your potential by not using keybinds. It's just a fact. Doesn't mean you have to care or change, but there's no reason to deny it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    What does it mean to be a clicker?
    Nothing, especially in a game as easy as World of Warcraft. Same goes with keyboard turning, backpedaling, or any of the other things a portion of the playerbase considers "unskillful". I see people keybinding everything imaginable, yet they can't break 1500s in PVP or even do decent DPS in a raid.

If you feel comfortable clicking abilities, and the mates you play with together are also OK with that, then please continue to do so. Just play the game however you want.