Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I'm a neutral player since I got both Alliance and Horde, though my main is Horde.

Still like this song though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dwarves. They are cool.

As for Alliance being more mature and polite... that's just bullshit. There is no difference between Horde and Alliance when it comes to how people behave.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Dwarves. They are cool.

As for Alliance being more mature and polite... that's just bullshit. There is no difference between Horde and Alliance when it comes to how people behave.
    Jerks are Jerks.... Like I said, they exist on either side..
    It's the mainstream that makes the difference tho. And there's more maturity and politeness on Alliance side in the mainstream.

Deleted
    gnomes and dwarves the rest is just a big pile of meh.

Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    -Lo'Gosh can't properly lead the Alliance, as is stated by Wrathion. Besides, we got a dead elf and a cow-man while u got 2 human races who have a growing disorder.

-Yet as devided the Horde is, we still kick your asses

- the Forsaken Plague itself is way cooler than your dumb spies.
    first wrathion never said varian couldnt lead the alliance in fact hes interested in him and what makes the other races declare him their high king. and considering metzen already said that varian would be leading the alliance soldiers and the horde rebels during the seige of org and all the alliance races are naming him the high king of the alliance that means pretty much everyone agrees hes a good leader.

second obviously you havent seen most of the lore in mists since the alliance is kicking the hordes ass all over pandaria

third the forsaken plague isnt allowed by the horde and therefore cant be counted because if the horde found out they were using it they would kick the forsaken out
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Jerks are Jerks.... Like I said, they exist on either side..
    It's the mainstream that makes the difference tho. And there's more maturity and politeness on Alliance side in the mainstream.
    Still no difference between them. What makes you think that there is? What does Horde have that makes people more rude, or pull rude people into it, that Alliance doesn't have?

There is no difference between Alliance and Horde when it comes to how people behave, like I already said.

Alliance have gnomes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're clean! Terribly, painfully clean!

Our toilets and sinks sparkle, damn it. SPARKLE.

... I miss my Tauren.

kiddies like to look at and play with monsters, adults like to look at attractive races (omg, my night elfs face ugh!) and prefer not to play classes that look like they smell of feces constantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer the lore of most of Alliance's more notable characters. Pity most of them are either dead or neutral.

Alliance also have that Amberseed quest in Grizzly Hills. There is no Horde equivalent to that.

Also, I think Gnome Warriors have the only Two-Hand Lightsaber model in game. http://www.wowhead.com/item=59039

10+ Year Old Account
    Well we're not blood thirsty savages for starters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Yet 99.99% of the quests I do involve murdering so many living creatures in exchange for gold and trinkets that I become completely desensitized to the concept. "What? Murder more people? Kay."

1. Dwarves
    2. Ironforge
    3. Things that dwarves make.

...and that's about it. Probably the coolest player race in the game, since the Forsaken lost all of their original flavor in Cataclysm. Humans have some pretty nice lore, but the males unfortunately suffer from a bad case of being refrigerators.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    You say that as if being a bloodthirsty savage was a bad thing.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

10+ Year Old Account
    female spacegoats and human racials, nothing else

John J. Keeshan, Jack Bauden, Horatio Laine ! And also I think Elwynn Forest and Redridge Mountains are the best questing areas in WoW. I play horde but I make low lvl allies just to play in these two zones.

Oh! And music in Stormwind City!

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Wildtree;19381882]alliance sucks...... how smart of a contribution... fits the bill, i have to say...

Playing both sides, and on multiple realms.
    The key differences are:

1. Architecture...
    With the exception of Silvermoon City all Alliance Cities, Towns, and Settlements are better to look at architectural, and are usually also much better organized.
    SMC can stand up to the beauty factor, however it's remote location seals it's destiny, much like Exodar on Alliance side.

2. Races...
    Someone said it already, Alliance feels like what the name says... Allied... It's not a bunch of races thrown together, and everyone essentially minding their own business, ready to stab the other guy in the back, if it gives an advantage. In esthetic comparison, Alliance takes the cake too. Their classes are just easier to the eyes.

3. Story content....
    As someone who does play both sides, I see imbalance in the outcome of things, yes that's there. But in amount of content there isn't really imbalance.
    And even though, Horde may have the better end on some quest chain. It's more than often that the Alliance part of a quest chain is a lot more interesting and fun.

4. Social aspect.... I have to say that Alliance side is just having a higher amount of very mature, polite people. If you value that, you are really better off with Alliance. If you don't care, then it's either way.
    I mean the contributions in the thread here already confirm it to some degree.
    Empty phrases, stupid remarks pro horde.
    That's a reflection of a large portion of the horde population. Unfortunately it's the majority.
    There are nice people too on Horde side, but it takes time to find them. they are rare. A lot rarer than on Alliance side./QUOTE]
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. The new orc architecture is awesome, the "new" forsaken architecture is creepy, gothic and damn right brilliant, tauren's pretty bland, blood elven is picturesque and impressive. I like Goblin, not overly impressive and I like the primitive simplicity of darkspear towns. As for The Alliance, humans boring, night elves vanilla buildings that look out of place and outdated, dwarves see night elves, gnomes have some pretty cool shit, worgen is a more creepy version of the humans and slightly better and Draenei is simply awesome, be it Naaru or their own towns (like Shattrath) they're towns are awesome. For me The Horde has cooler towns, but this is entirely personal preference.

2. The Horde is a group of outcasts and sometimes monstrous creatures thrown together because of mutual interest, the world wants to see them die and they will fight alongside each other to protect themselves. It's entire foundation is built upon the priniciple of kill or be killed although Thrall added some much needed dignity and nobility to the coalition. The tension, the back stabbing the kind of cold war politics amongst itself is far more interesting then The Alliance where everyone is friends, the races themselves are more interesting and more out of this world but again this is personal preference.

3. You have not played many horde quests then as the genreal consensus at the moment is the Horde have the best story and questing content at the moment.

4. Absolute baseless assumption and is completely untrue, this argument may have held some ground in vanilla but the community mirrors itself on the both sides, the behaviour of players on each is side is identical. From your post you have not or have barely played The Horde and you cite no examples to back up your points, rendering what you said as little more then personal opinion (which is absolutely fine) or biased tripe. TL;DR the fuck bro? It's personal preference the dude is talking out of his arse.

I think all the Alliance races are pretty cool but that's only because I played the shit out of all the horde races lol

only HUMANS with DOUBLE PVP TRINKETS

You've honestly missed nothing. We've been very VERY devoid of lore for a very long time now. This expansion is the start of some lore for us (FINALLY), but it's not with our douchey king or any of our kings/queens. It's with Anduin Wrynn, the prince to Stormwind who is also a Priest looking to cure the needy and cause a détente* between the Horde and Alliance as there are much more important things at hand.

Honestly, I'm enjoying the lore of Anduin Wrynn atm, but other than that, you've missed virtually NOTHING.

*a relaxing of tension, especially between nations, as by negotiations or agreements.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Alliance has 2 blue-skinned races, horde has only 1.

I dont really know (or really care) what's cooler about alliance, but even if i played horde from TBC to Cata, i never did like it. I've always found their "rawr we r BRUTAL but also shamanisticwiseblahblah and nobleblahblah"-thing childish. When i changed back to Alliance, it felt like coming home, as i started on Alliance at classic.