Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    You've honestly missed nothing. We've been very VERY devoid of lore for a very long time now. This expansion is the start of some lore for us (FINALLY), but it's not with our douchey king or any of our kings/queens. It's with Anduin Wrynn, the prince to Stormwind who is also a Priest looking to cure the needy and cause a détente* between the Horde and Alliance as there are much more important things at hand.

Honestly, I'm enjoying the lore of Anduin Wrynn atm, but other than that, you've missed virtually NOTHING.

*a relaxing of tension, especially between nations, as by negotiations or agreements.
    This kind of objective opinion if quite baffling. I sometimes wonder if the only way a player considers there side as 'having lore' is only by having there side win at something. To an alliance player, the only way they feel they get any lore, is to have them become the goodie good guy winners and the horde to lose.
    Reality is, you've been getting lore, you got lore in wrath with your character a lot more then the horde did, and just because the horde for some focus on lore in cata the insistent whining of 'Alliance don't have any lore we should win!' just kept coming and coming and coming.

If people wish for there side to come out on top, then all blizzard are going to do it allow them to think there side is doing so for one expansion, and then switch back to having the other side get the focus the next. You watch, next expansion theres doing to be a better focus on horde lore, and its going to start all over again.
    #boycottchina

15+ Year Old Account
    I think you'll be hard-pressed to find anything significantly "cool" about the Alliance in game. What the Alliance does have though is potential. Loads of it. It seriously oozes out of every bit of the faction. It's relatively untapped currently and most of the feel-good moments are in books.

Warcraft 3 + TFT, Vanilla (TBC was kind of a wash), Wrath and Cata were all about tearing down the Alliance. It was a story of loss, hardship, dedication and the need for cohesion. Alternatively, the Horde story was one of growth. They gained strong allies, expanded borders and became a global superpower in the span of a few years, all from a rag-tag group of loincloth wearing peons. With mists however, we're seeing a paradigm shift. The Alliance has finally stymied its losses and began to recoup while the Horde is falling apart around itself after forging ahead on the wrong path.

Now that the Horde is about to finish up a major story arc a few years in the making, they're finally fleshed out and are currently superior to the Alliance in story terms. (The Horde actually needed a ton of development to catch up to what the Alliance was.) With the direction of the current story, (alongside Metzen's current hard-on for Varian Wrynn) we'll likely be seeing a huge focus on an Alliance renaissance; Sort of a golden era where they rebuild and get a lot of focus to flesh out their needs and shortcomings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Id probably play alliance if the night elves were as cool as they were in Warcraft 3, but then i found out they suck, Tyrande is a whiny bitch and i dont see tree of eternity as a playable race.

They have some cool races. Some cool cities. Humans are lame though. Orcs for life.

Deleted

This.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey all, i've played horde since vanilla and its always seemed like everything cool plotwise is centred around the horde.
    I recently faction transferred to alliance to play with friends and feel.. basically less cool? what have i missed in terms of
    alliance plot that is actually good?
    Having real houses and real beds to sleep in.

Huts SUCK! :<

Oh, and Draenei of course.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dwarves.
    10 characters

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarglord69 View Post
    Lets see we have the smallest race in the game, a giant tree(stump)city, Russian space immigrants,a main leader who isnt a rage consumed moron(lately), vaguely british furries,and my faction is tearing its self apart from the inside.
    I just LOST IT at Russian space immigrants. Absolutely brilliant. Alliance are the Blue Guy, horde are the Red Guy, which guy do you like?
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

Deleted
    I assume they have superior plumbing to nearly every Horde race, except perhaps the blood elves. You just know that toilets in Silvermoon would be the Azeroth equivalent of Japanese rest-rooms. Bowls that sing to you and do your hair and make up while you let nature take its course.

The titan back-story to the Eastern Kingdoms Alliance races is cool. Their architecture is superior both aesthetically and structurally and, for the most part, the Alliance have the advantage of having a closer and more friendly relationship with the benevolent immortal gods and guardians of Azeroth (The Aspects, Elune, Goldrinn etc).

Oh! And Gnomish nukes...

The cool thing about the Alliance is that we're the good guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    socks, dwarves, the underdog i guess since it's obvious blizz favors horde, best pvp racial (human) i'd think of more but im about to go to bed
    Blizz should favor horde seeing as well over 50% of the population plays alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dwarves.

End of list

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpyoldman View Post
    Dwarves.
    10 characters
    This.
    10 characters.

Anduin Lothar,Malfurion,Turalyon,Brann,Varian,Arthas? That's enough for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh! And Gnomish nukes...
    without fuses

Nothing is cool, everything is permitted.

*sigh*...

It's subjective, if you don't think it's "cool", then that's that. What someone finds to be "cool" is also very different.

To me, Alliance the only faction worth playing on in the long run, can't stand the "trying-too-hard" Horde with few exceptions. When Garrosh holds his little speeches, I wanna log my main and murder him.
    It also has my favourite race which I sadly cannot enjoy due to the females being so horribly outdated in textures, animations and how they sit on mounts.

I play 3 Horde characters, one of which will be Alliance soon enough, so that I can experience the story and leveling. The races except goblin female don't attract me (green, tusks, bare feet, pink nails, too large hooves and horrible female models) and I'm not overly fond of the cities either save for Thunder Bluff. I do like some of the Horde racial mounts, but I have all the rare versions available to Alliance.

So...to me, it's not as much about which faction is "cool", but which is the one worth playing.

It also has the upside of not harboring the players getting soggy over how "cool" or "badass" the Horde is.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2012-12-09 at 03:22 PM.

draenei - nuff said. very nice tank racials
    13/13

Monk

Deleted
    lol at all the people saying Dwarves, they are the one alliance race I cannot stand, also I agree with some points in the post, being a Horde isnt automatically cool, I mean you have huts and stone dwellings whereas the Alliance have structured buildings and Architecture, we Alliance are all "Light Bless You" whereas you Horde are all like "Hulk Smash"

So before you ask whats cool about the Alliance just think about that for a second.

We have Malfurion and Tyrande!
    Beautiful cities, Stormwind Epic! Daranassus! Ironforge!
    We have Dwarfs (ok I might be biased seeing as I'm scottish!)
    We get Sabers as a racial mount! (love kitty mounts)
    We have some of the best lore characters, Illidan, Arthas,Malfurion, Tyrande,and many more, plus the whole Onyxia quest chain was simply epic!
    Our Brawlers Guild area is awesome (Horde one is quite the let down)

The only thing I like about the Horde is their Symbol, Alliance symbol is a bit cheesy, where as the Horde is alot more pleasing to the eye.

Alliance forever! hehe.