need a 2nd opinion on an upcoming new build

My current machine is a dinosaur. it has been obsolete going on six years now, and I have finally been able to put aside some cash to build a decent budget gaming machine. however my two concerns are bottle necking, and being stuck in the same pickle i was when i built my current machine. which is my hardware being obsolete and phased out within a year after assembling it.

I don't need to play Crysis 2 on extreme settings, and my Monitor does not support 1080p. but I would like to be able to play most games on at least high settings at around 1400x900 res at anywhere between 30 to 60 fps.

I have already bought my new case, 2 dimms of 4gb G.skill sniper series 1866 memory, my aftermarket cpu cooler, and a basic 7200rpm WD hard drive.

the guts of the machine that i'm planing to purchase soon are

Mobo - Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0
    CPU - AMD FX-4300 Vishera
    GPU - HiS Icooler Radeon HD 7770 Ghz edition
    PSU - Rosewill Hive-550

so am i just opening a can of worms with this build? could i be spending less? or should i be spending a little more?

First off, your selected PSU isn't in this vetted recommended PSUs list. You'll notice that only Rosewill's 80+ Gold/Platinum units are listed. Not quite sure what your PSU budget is but the CX 430 v2 $25 ater $20 MIR is an excellent choice for tight budgets. According to this PSU calc, your build should consume 325W without overclocking and 400W with max overclocks (over 40% CPU overclock and overvolted GPU). If you'd like a higher wattage unit, you can select 500-600W units from the list.

According to this guide on computer components, HIS is an 'ok' manufacturer. If your budget allows, I'd go for a higher quality brand (ASUS, MSI, Gigabyte, XFX Sapphire).
    Last edited by yurano; 2012-12-09 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    First off, your selected PSU isn't in this vetted recommended PSUs list. You'll notice that only Rosewill's 80+ Gold/Platinum units are listed. Not quite sure what your PSU budget is but the CX 430 v2 $25 ater $20 MIR is an excellent choice for tight budgets. According to this PSU calc, your build should consume 325W without overclocking and 400W with max overclocks (over 40% CPU overclock and overvolted GPU). If you'd like a higher wattage unit, you can select 500-600W units from the list.

According to this guide on computer components, HIS is an 'ok' manufacturer. If your budget allows, I'd go for a higher quality brand (ASUS, MSI, Gigabyte, XFX Sapphire).
    the hive-550 is on that list that you linked

Quote Originally Posted by slimj091 View Post
    Well this is awkward.
    "I'm a beaver in a hole, if you don't know what that is then I feel sorry for you"

Quote Originally Posted by wookybear View Post
    Well this is awkward.
    LOL yeah. Same rebranded Sirfa unit as the OCZ ZS...which also happens to be on the list!

@OP: For a budget system, your build choices are just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by slimj091 View Post
    My bad, didn't expect a Rosewill 80+ Bronze to be on the list.

I'd still go for the CX 430 v2 though since its significantly cheaper, if you're buying from Newegg. Maybe you can upgrade to a 7850.

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    My bad, didn't expect a Rosewill 80+ Bronze to be on the list.

I'd still go for the CX 430 v2 though since its significantly cheaper, if you're buying from Newegg. Maybe you can upgrade to a 7850.
    i would like my psu to be at least semi-modular. which the CX-430 isn't. plus i would like the added wattage of a 550 or 600 watt in case i want to add some things down the line. thanks for your suggestion tho