Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    I have read it. Kind of hard to call them humans when they are direct offspring of angels and demons with potential to surpass both in power. And how D3 comments on the hero I got the feeling that at least the blood of nephalem is strong in him if he is not the first generation. Then again at the end when you kill Diablo the video talks about human saving the heavens ... if I recall it correctly. It's kind of fuzzy.
    I look at it this way- Our heroes are the offspring of the Nephalem or the Nephalems children, they are therefor 25%/12.5% demon/angel and 75%/87.5% human. They are dominantly human and can't be considered demons or angels anymore. Therefor, humans they are.

You wouldn't call a Chihuahua a wolf, even though it's technically of wolf ancestry would you?

10+ Year Old Account
    GIMME BACK MY HAMMERDIN!!!! Is all I have to say

Also, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for this Xpac. They haven't even real eased PVP yet
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

Hopefully: Paladin, Necro,Druid, and or assasin.
    Probably: A koala grocery clerk.

Necromancer.

Want now.

Screw the Witch Doctor.

I''ll agree that a dark/death/unholy type of knight seems to be most missing from what i can think of.

I would personally like to see a Paladin class in the exansion but that is just me.

I'm sure we will hear a lot about the expansion at Blizzcon next year.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Necromancer.

Want now.

Screw the Witch Doctor.
    This.. I want an army of skeletons marching towards my enemies, while I have the time to read a book like a real Necromancer... no?
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

It's true that Monks have some similarities with D2's Paladins, but I still think D3 could benefit from a pure Paladin class.

There are currently 3 ranged and 2 melee classes, with Barbs being the only ones using STR as main stat. Those two reasons point to Paladin as a good choice.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    There are currently 3 ranged and 2 melee classes, with Barbs being the only ones using STR as main stat. Those two reasons point to Paladin as a good choice.
    I don't see how they could do paladin. Plenty of other classes to do before you can justify 2nd holy magic melee class. No shapeshifter, no assassin ...

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

It's true that Monks have some similarities with D2's Paladins, but I still think D3 could benefit from a pure Paladin class.

How does that point to paladin? If anything, it points to any knight-like class due to the lack of interest in shields outside of hc, and it would bring balance to the amount of melee classes/str classes.

that soon?
    anyway, i still miss assassin

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    that soon?
    anyway, i still miss assassin
    yep, this soon, they want the xpac profits already.
    PvP is probably gonna end up being an xpac feature.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    So Diablo3 is becoming boring and repetitive! As usual when this happens an X-pack isn't far around the corner.
    Its been out for a little over a year, We dont have PVP yet, theres no signs of it on the PTR when they are up, so your looking feb - march at the absolute earliest for PVP. after which there will be a few more patches to resolve the issues PVP patch brings, Then, and only then could you even start looking at an xpack. I would guess June - July for the summer sales for an xpac. so 6 months at least.

D3 is repetative by nature, thats the type of game it is. you repeat things over and over and over again. There is nothing wrong with this and it in fact works very well for the genre, if your finding it boring then take a break for a few weeks. it will still be there, and you will still be doing the same things.

as for the possability of a new class, if they do make one then they have to be really carefull to balance it from the start otherwise there will be a lot of high paragon players that are pissed that the new class is a faster / better farmer than what they are playing now and will feel the need to re-paragon level.

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    Its been out for a little over a year,
    ???
    Did time skip forward?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    Its been out for a little over a year, We dont have PVP yet, theres no signs of it on the PTR when they are up, so your looking feb - march at the absolute earliest for PVP. after which there will be a few more patches to resolve the issues PVP patch brings, Then, and only then could you even start looking at an xpack. I would guess June - July for the summer sales for an xpac. so 6 months at least.

D3 is repetative by nature, thats the type of game it is. you repeat things over and over and over again. There is nothing wrong with this and it in fact works very well for the genre, if your finding it boring then take a break for a few weeks. it will still be there, and you will still be doing the same things.

as for the possability of a new class, if they do make one then they have to be really carefull to balance it from the start otherwise there will be a lot of high paragon players that are pissed that the new class is a faster / better farmer than what they are playing now and will feel the need to re-paragon level.
    I'm pretty sure that PVP will come with the X-pack and not before it. PVP is a major feature, something you don't wanna give away for free.
    And 6 months isn't that particularly long, we just recently got Paragon and MoP was released a few months back and soon SC:HoS will be released aswell. We have to remember this is the same company for all those titles/features, they don't want to compete with themselves if it's not asbolutely necessary. I think your time estimate is pretty accurate, maybe even a bit too optimistic, but to assume that PVP will be released as a free feature is just FAR to kind. Remember, it's blizzard we're talking about here

Also, the game isn't boring because of the play style. It's starting to become boring and repetitive because the content is old and worn out.
    This happens really fast in single player games and it's normal and expected. It's time for an X-pack and Blizzard knows it
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2012-12-12 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    How does that point to paladin? If anything, it points to any knight-like class due to the lack of interest in shields outside of hc, and it would bring balance to the amount of melee classes/str classes.
    What you described (knight-like, shield-user, str-based) is essentially a Paladin. Not sure if you are agreeing or disagreeing with me... ^_^

What you described (knight-like, shield-user, str-based) is essentially a Paladin. Not sure if you are agreeing or disagreeing with me... ^_^
    We have entirely different definitions of paladin then.

a shapeshifter which can take benefit from the 3 base stats depending on what he shifts into would be nice

but i dont know how tey would manage this with their skill mechanics

I don't see how they could do paladin. Plenty of other classes to do before you can justify 2nd holy magic melee class. No shapeshifter, no assassin ...
    A STR-based melee Shapeshifter would be awesome indeed. I don't really see Assassin happening, though... yet another DEX-based class who looks essentially like a DH, but melee.

---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 02:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    We have entirely different definitions of paladin then.
    I'm talking about the D2 Paladin, of course. Not the WoW Holy Paladin.

Deleted
    No shapeshifter, no assassin ...
    A shapeshifter seems likely, but do take in mind that the Demon Hunter already has all kinds of pets. And the Witch Doctor also has animals helping him.
    So this shapeshifter has to be quite different from the Diablo 2 version, it would have to be more heavily focused on melee.

Assassin doesn't seem likely to me. The Demon Hunter already has traps and the Monk already has fist weapons. Not to mention that the Natalya set is already in the game.

It's funny, because before the Demon Hunter was announced I was thinking that the last class would be a Druid, Assassin, Rogue/Amazon hybrid.
    Something like a Woodsman/Hunter that would have a bow, traps and animal pets. The Demon Hunter actually has all that, but with a very different theme.