Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Trying to decide horde race for my hunter

Hi,

Going to faction change my hunter to horde soon but I'm not sure what race to play.
    I raid a few times a week, I want to get ranked on world of logs and my favorite spec is survival. Here are a few questions:

1. What race has the most beneficial racials for raiding as survival?
    2. How big is the difference between racials in terms of dps?
    3. What racials scale with gear?
    4. What race do you think suit hunter the most from a lore perspective?

Thank you for reading.

1. Orc
    2. Orcs are by far the best
    3. scaling means little orcs really are the best
    4. Troll

1. What race has the most beneficial racials for raiding as survival? Tauren seems terrible strong.on top of avg gear, u get to outmax hp, i mean 5% is a lot when u think bout it. not 1%, 5%and on top of scatter, concuss, wingclip, disengage, and such pet stuns, u get to war stump.like what more could u ask
    2. How big is the difference between racials in terms of dps? The second disengage ala rocket jump is pretty good.
    3. What racials scale with gear? - can't really answer this as it is like comparing apples with pears.
    4. What race do you think suit hunter the most from a lore perspective? If ur not twinking Orc is lightyears ahead of them all. The reduced stun duration can help allot, not to mention "command" which increases our pet damage on top of our "Ap" racial which can act like a "bestial wrath" without the cc break, almost makes you feel like your multi-boxing. If you want to be a mm or sv hunter go Troll is another recommendation.

Use the one that you feel most comfortable.Changing the race is kinda expensive, so don't make the mistake of picking a race that you dislike. Also,

10+ Year Old Account
    Your real choice is between Orc, Pandaren and Troll. Orc for burst/pet damage, Pandaren for increased stats and Troll for a lesser Bloodlust.

troll hunter is very cool, with animations and stuff. expertice, mini bloodlust, movement impairing effect reduce.

Ork has a minor ap trinket, and bonus dmg to pets (only effective as bm hunter)

Undead have the awesome dmg proc, + wotf.

Bloodelf female is nice too, for some focus regen, and if u like looking on a nice girls ass when raiding.

the racials dps are pretty even, and they wont make or break a ranking place. Orc, troll, undead are pretty close. Orc would be ahead if bm hunter, for suv i tend to say troll comes first,with expertice and bonus dmg against beast, and berserking

The most important thing is beeing able to enjoy the animations of your char.

I dont know about your gear, but our hunter is getting logs as suv on most encounters, world top 10. the main reason for this, he has pretty good gear, and most hunters play bm in most fights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    Ork has a minor ap trinket, and bonus dmg to pets (only effective as bm hunter)
    Pet damage is huge as all 3 specs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    Your real choice is between Orc, Pandaren and Troll. Orc for burst/pet damage, Pandaren for increased stats and Troll for a lesser Bloodlust.
    what this dude is saying is completely true.
    Orc: You have the damage buff from your pets, + an AP racial, those two combined is very nice.
    Pandaren: double Food buff. Eg. you have 300agil food, you will get 600 cause you're a pandaren, and as agility is 3-4 times better then the other off stats this is amasing.
    Troll:expertise+ minor haste buff, not worth it unless Mm get's viable again.
    Conclusion: it's between Pandaren and orc's in my mind atleast, at the very end, I do belive that Pandarens are better.

Maybe lil bit far (dont play/raid active anymore in MOP), but tbh if youre good you dont need racials to get on WOL.
    Best is to play the race that looks most appealing to you.
    I recently rolled tauren (again) on my hunter and I never needed (even in wotlk times) racials to help me get on top WOL rankings.
    If youre good, youll get there... otherwise... even racials wont help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aloeverah View Post
    1. What race has the most beneficial racials for raiding as survival? Tauren seems terrible strong.on top of avg gear, u get to outmax hp, i mean 5% is a lot when u think bout it. not 1%, 5%and on top of scatter, concuss, wingclip, disengage, and such pet stuns, u get to war stump.like what more could u ask
    2. How big is the difference between racials in terms of dps? The second disengage ala rocket jump is pretty good.
    3. What racials scale with gear? - can't really answer this as it is like comparing apples with pears.
    4. What race do you think suit hunter the most from a lore perspective? If ur not twinking Orc is lightyears ahead of them all. The reduced stun duration can help allot, not to mention "command" which increases our pet damage on top of our "Ap" racial which can act like a "bestial wrath" without the cc break, almost makes you feel like your multi-boxing. If you want to be a mm or sv hunter go Troll is another recommendation.

Use the one that you feel most comfortable.Changing the race is kinda expensive, so don't make the mistake of picking a race that you dislike. Also,
    Is it just me, or this post reeks of "WRONG" in every sentence?

Orc is the best dps race, has the ap "trinket", while having bonus dmg to pets. For a BM hunter that is huge, for the other specs it's still noticeable.
    Trolls come second, with their haste "trinket" and less expertise needed. Prob is, haste is our last favoured secondary stat( -MM spec, but that's not used in hc modes).
    Pandaren have the food buff doubled. Which is great, but if you die and get crezzed, you will miss out the buff, meaning you just lost all the advantages of being a pandaren.
    Contrary to what Aloeverah wrote, taurens get 5% "BASE" health, meaning only 5% of their hp while naked. that means something like 7k on tanks (talents or passives that give more stamina), for us hunters it will be less than 7k hp. The stun is an "meh" addition to pvp, no real uses on pve.
    Blood elves have a silence that gives x focus. Worthless. big cd, low focus gain, only silences nearby targets. Again, "meh" for pvp, no real use in pve.
    Goblins, have increased casting speed, rocket jump/rocket. Increased casting speed is nice. Unlike "2. How big is the difference between racials in terms of dps? The second disengage ala rocket jump is pretty good. ", the rocket jump does nothing for dps, only gets you from A to B faster, and since we can cast while moving this does nothing for dps.
    Undead has the self healing proc (20% chance), does dmg while healing you. Has a break fear trinket, has it uses both on pvp and pve (Empress last phase).

If you want to rank on World of Logs (which you have to work hard to do so), you are better of with a Orc. However, it largely depends on the player skill rather than the race he chose. I'm a troll that ranks, I see undead hunters ranking as well. Choose what you like to see, for you will see the back of that race everytime you look at your monitor. If you don't like the way orcs move /sound / their animations, then probably choose another race.

Orc all the way.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmio View Post
    what this dude is saying is completely true.
    Orc: You have the damage buff from your pets, + an AP racial, those two combined is very nice.
    Pandaren: double Food buff. Eg. you have 300agil food, you will get 600 cause you're a pandaren, and as agility is 3-4 times better then the other off stats this is amasing.
    Troll:expertise+ minor haste buff, not worth it unless Mm get's viable again.
    Conclusion: it's between Pandaren and orc's in my mind atleast, at the very end, I do belive that Pandarens are better.
    Keep in mind 300 agi food isn't cheap. You need a rice flower for it, plus the other mats. If you lower yourself to feasts you effectively lose 50 agi. Plus orc females are HOT.

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    Keep in mind 300 agi food isn't cheap. You need a rice flower for it, plus the other mats. If you lower yourself to feasts you effectively lose 50 agi. Plus orc females are HOT.
    100 or 50 agility depending on what feast is up

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinova View Post
    2. How big is the difference between racials in terms of dps?
    Very little. People will go on and on in this thread about how "massive" each racial is though. Ask them to quantify exactly how much DPS each racial contributes. Most of them will not be able to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Very little. People will go on and on in this thread about how "massive" each racial is though. Ask them to quantify exactly how much DPS each racial contributes. Most of them will not be able to.
    Well, going from a worgen to an orc gave me about 1k dps which is huge for a racial and the gap will only increase as I get better gear.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2012-12-09 at 02:37 PM.

Pandaren/Orc for raiding, Undead for PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Aloeverah View Post

are you a real person ? Not even going to bother replying to that. Either you're a very smart monkey or a troll.

I am worgen at the moment and going Orc will give me a 1.4k dps increase. A FREE 1417 dps increase. That is by nobody's standards insignificant. It is HUGELY significant. If an orc goes tauren for some ungodly reason, he would lose 1.85k dps.

I like how random casual players comment on stuff they know absolutely nothing about and talk like they are mentioning facts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    well the use of 300agil food was just an example, not needed, however 275 extra Agility is not bad.

As of today, 35.9% of all Hunters in the game with 2 or more Heroic boss kills in T14 are Orcs.

Second best is Trolls at 18%.

Interpret that however you want to.

Orcs are the best if you're really going for pure performance.

Quote Originally Posted by skitz0129 View Post
    As of today, 35.9% of all Hunters in the game with 2 or more Heroic boss kills in T14 are Orcs.

Second best is Trolls at 18%.

Interpret that however you want to.

Orcs are the best if you're really going for pure performance.
    Would you mind linking a source? I'd like to see this data.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Would you mind linking a source? I'd like to see this data.
    http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...-0--0-0-0.html

Granted, the database isn't updated to track Pandarens, but the guild pool and character pool it's pulling data from is plenty enough to speak to the value of Orcs as the high end choice for Hunter PvE.