Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Bood boil Is now on Reaping. You should never have orphaned frost runes once you've done a set of festering strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Regardless of rather or not unholy is competitive, it comes with a lot of issues that some people just don't like.
    1)You have to monitor a pet, which some people just don't like. If he dies, your DPS drops way down so you have to focus on keeping him alive as well as having to focus on maximizing uptime on a buff for him to meet your full DPS potential. There's no "petless" unholy, and some people just don't like managing pets.
    2)It has a long ramp up time to really get going. That can be okay in boss situations, but if you use the same spec to say, run your dailies as well, it's not as efficient as frost OR blood-it doesn't have the burst and aoe frost has to kill lone mobs or small groups, and it doesn't have the near invincibility that lets blood take on 15+ mobs at once without concern.
    Frost wins because it has no ramp up and good burst. But it's not without its own issues. 2h frost is mediocre at aoeing and DW frost has an absolutely horrid rotation. Not to mention wasting a killing machine is probably one of the most frustrating things ever.
    Last edited by Rothulean1; 2012-12-15 at 10:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I know, Frost does better at Raids, Dungeons, and 2s. Unholy being better at 3s, 5s, and RBGs. But with the recent 30% nerf in PvP I'd imagine Unholy NS are going to be better than before now.

So i just got the Heroic Elegon sword tonight, replacing the Normal Sha of Fear axe and man am i disappointed with my simcraft numbers.

Seems its a giant 2k increase for Frost but only a 400 damage increase for Unholy.

They really need to add more weapon scaling to the spec! >.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinzaram View Post
    So i just got the Heroic Elegon sword tonight, replacing the Normal Sha of Fear axe and man am i disappointed with my simcraft numbers.

Seems its a giant 2k increase for Frost but only a 400 damage increase for Unholy.

They really need to add more weapon scaling to the spec! >.<

1st post here, woo! been following these forums for a while but never actually signed up...

aaaanyway - was the same as you, a bit meh about how little weapons scale with unholy but it makes sense seeing how it scales more with str and your diseases/pet make up a higher proportion of the damage.

-vMagik - Turalyon EU

Grats on signing up. :P

Yeah i used to love getting new weapons back in wrath, suddenly all numbers would be massively increased, specially as blood dps.

Unholy just seems to have lost tons of weapon scaling in the cata revamp, i mean smaller single rune scourge strikes, no more necrosis or blood caked strikes buffing auto attacks, no more blood strikes buffed by diseases.

Wish they'd just make death coil scale with weapon damage and we'd be sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Rothulean1 View Post
    Not to mention wasting a killing machine is probably one of the most frustrating things ever.
    Don't sweat it. You shouldn't be watching for Killing Machine anyway. Just ignore it.

Not this shit again.

I don't care if your sims say that ignoring killing machine is a dps increase, they're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Don't sweat it. You shouldn't be watching for Killing Machine anyway. Just ignore it.
    Maybe, but its still frustrating. There are moments when it is a dps loss. For example, you have the option to use OB or FS and you choose incorrectly...
    Last edited by Rothulean1; 2012-12-18 at 03:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    Not this shit again.

I don't care if your sims say that ignoring killing machine is a dps increase, they're wrong.
    I have evidence on my side, you have.... What, exactly?

Common sense, a large amount of experience raiding as every dps spec this class has ever had, and the fact that dps drops when I remove references to killing machine from the priority list in simcraft.

Seriously, ask any high ranked dk how much they like using km procs on frost strike as 2h.

If you can show me a way to increase dps by ignoring killing machine I'd be very interested to see how.

Until then I'll continue to advocate using it in the way I consider correct.

Deleted
    Unholy dk is still best in high rated arena. 2.4k +
    For pve and brainless peeps its frost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tronux View Post
    Yeah, right.

/golfclap

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    Common sense, a large amount of experience raiding
    So nothing, then. That is what I thought.

Read the rest of my post.

Then make a priority list without any references to killing machine that sims better than the default one if you're so sure you're right.

Then actually play like that and rank on relevant encounters.

Then your argument might have a leg to stand on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tronux View Post
    I've always found this constant need of some unholy players to belittle frost players kinda fascinating

Deleted
    ignoring KM procs is just stupid as 2h btw, you can literally wait 5 seconds for an obliterate to be available and it would still be a DPS increase over using the KM on FS

- vMagik - Turalyon EU

Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post
    ignoring KM procs is just stupid as 2h btw, you can literally wait 5 seconds for an obliterate to be available and it would still be a DPS increase over using the KM on FS
    Cool news, except it's wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post

- vMagik - Turalyon EU
    No, wait. If you want to wait, you're going to wait no more than ~2 seconds (according to your haste), more than that is a huge dps loss.

Care to do something to support your argument other than saying that people who disagree with you are wrong?

Ahh, but you have it backwards, my friend. I'm the one with evidence from sims. You're the one who posts about common sense and personal experience.