Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    At this point I feel you are arguing in bad faith.
    And in the wrong thread.

Deleted
    so... back to unholy, has anyone else found that their diseases don't sim as high as the numbers you see in real raids? Does simcraft prioritise reapplying diseases once you have a bunch of procs up? Does that even matter anymore? (does wow still snapshot your buffs at the time you apply diseases?)

wow... questions

Yes.
    No.

and Yes, attack power, mastery, haste(if our dots scaled from haste>.>) and any damage increasing buffs are snapshotted on cast.
    Crit however isn't snapshotted and dots crit based on crit chance on tick.
    All this applies to Dnd too.

Ghostcrawler responded to my twitter question:

@Ghostcrawler Is there any plans to buff Unholy Death Knights? It's really sad how underpowered this specc is right now.

@elive2012 We don't really think they're far behind, but we are looking at some of the quality of life issues.

I hope they "fix" the specc soon..

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I wish they'd do with unholy, aside from a buff who doesnt want that? Is allow for DW again. During T-11 it was soooooooooooooooo f-ing fun playing dw unholy. And I HATE frost, but if I want to dw I have to play it. So I dont.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

DW unholy actually fixed my main problem with 2H unholy, the long rampup. Sudden Doom working on both weapons let you machine-gun free Death Coils. It played almost like a melee caster spec, where your weapon attacks only existed to pump out those rapid fire sudden doom procs to energize your pet. It was pretty sweet.

Ok guys.

Unholy has its nitche on some fights compared to frost.

Frost pulls ahead on just about every other fight if ur a min/maxer

But then if ur a min/maxer you would be able to switch to unholy and play it for certain fights.

So basically its really going to be all about what boss fights that blizz creates in the future that effects unholy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Ok guys.

Unholy has its nitche on some fights compared to frost.

Frost pulls ahead on just about every other fight if ur a min/maxer

But then if ur a min/maxer you would be able to switch to unholy and play it for certain fights.

So basically its really going to be all about what boss fights that blizz creates in the future that effects unholy.
    if you're a min/maxer then you go DW frost, not 2h... with different BIS gear/gems/enchants/reforges for DW frost and Unholy you can't really swap between the two... which is why I use 2H frost, gemmed for str and swap when I feel like it.

IMO half the reason people don't play unholy is to do with simcraft and websites like noxxic that show unholy a good 5% behind both versions of frost. Those numbers PLUS the fact that unholy requires better management of diseases, runes, pooling of resources to maximise timmy's uptime etc mean the majority of people don't bother with unholy, and to a certain extent I agree with them. I don't think the simcraft numbers are right anyway - my diseases do more damage on average in 494 gear (in actual raids) than the T14H profiles supposedly do in simcraft so it's a possibility that the real gap is as low as 2-3%.

But, because of the high ramp-up time and lack of a powerful burst-cleave it's just underpowered on some fights... it does well on fights like elegon due to the high damage he takes during the execute phase and the effective multi dotting of the sparks. It also does quite well on fights like blade lord because your diseases/pet can effectively carry on attacking the boss while you run a gauntlet but those are the only sorts of mechanics where it has even a slight lead ;-/

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post

That sounds exactly like what Unholy needs.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post

Ghostcrawler Is there any plans to buff Unholy Death Knights? It's really sad how underpowered this specc is right now.

elive2012 We don't really think they're far behind, but we are looking at some of the quality of life issues.

Wonder what he means by "quality of life issues"... if unholy just becomes "Frost v2" then I'm out :-P

Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post
    Wonder what he means by "quality of life issues"... if unholy just becomes "Frost v2" then I'm out :-P
    i hope it's some fixing to Timmy's and Gary's AI, and possibly to do with death coils within transform (well, thats a QoL issue to me, do i spam DCs while timmys transformed as usual to proc my Rune Regen talent, or do i sit on my RP and wait for timmy to power down, so i can get him back up...)

^ that depends on how much time is left.

Deleted
    Don't get me wrong, I know unholy needs some love... Just want to see it keep some relative complexity (compared to frost)

Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post
    am I going to get shouted down to oblivion if I say I hope this means they find a way to take DnD out of our single target rotation? 2 expansions later and I still can't get our tanks to keep it a boss in the big red circle and lfr/lfd tanks still scream at me that DnD is going to steal all their threats

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    There appears to be a lot of hate toward Frost's current state. (due to its simplicity?) Am I really the only one that's completely ecstatic about 2H Frost's return? It's always been my favorite spec for DKs.
    And that hate is based on 2h frost only using obli, fs, hb
    Even a terribad player uses more than that....

And i like 2h frost too, ill play it till its nerfed to 0 dps

---------- Post added 2012-12-20 at 01:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hiboyslol View Post
    am I going to get shouted down to oblivion if I say I hope this means they find a way to take DnD out of our single target rotation? 2 expansions later and I still can't get our tanks to keep it a boss in the big red circle and lfr/lfd tanks still scream at me that DnD is going to steal all their threats
    Bad tanks will always be bad, no matter how much they change the dps specs, the bad tanks will always find something to cry about
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

If your weapon is roughly equivalent to the rest of your gear, ScS hits (very) slightly harder than DnD on a single target. You should not be using DnD on single targets.

Of course with even one additional target DnD wins by a large margin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Please can we get more folks to cry Unholy is underpowered i want to become even stronger than i currently are.
    Agreed.

I'd like there to be something to use in those bloodlust+haste proc+UF periods where you basically sit on ~4 maxed runes no matter how much you spam (this even happens when not full haste reforged). Something in the lines of scourge strike using up 2 runes instead of one when you have atleast 3 refreshed or something.
    Last edited by mmoca70212b9fb; 2012-12-20 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post

Bad tanks will always be bad, no matter how much they change the dps specs, the bad tanks will always find something to cry about
    That may be true but it still doesn't mean I like dealing with them. So a small QoL change would be appreciated, less vote kicks coming my way

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    If your weapon is roughly equivalent to the rest of your gear, ScS hits (very) slightly harder than DnD on a single target. You should not be using DnD on single targets.

Of course with even one additional target DnD wins by a large margin.
    Slight comment there however. The targets must be in the aoe for at the very least 5 seconds to probably break even and longer for actual increase. Naturally if there is 3 targets it requires only like 3 seconds and so on. The key is that the targets have to be not moving which can actually be an issue.