Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanntos View Post
    Not to derail this at all, but merely curious, Houndstooth, since you simmed the OP.
    I've haven't been using SimCraft that long, but have been recently to sim my dps/weights as well, and I find it odd that he comes out roughly 5k dps ahead of my sims. I am at 488 ilvl, and granted I don't have Dancing Steel on both weapons, but I don't see how missing two weapon enchant makes me miss out of 5k dps esp when I am ahead of his gear by 4-5 ilvls. Am I doing something wrong with my sims maybe not checking off things I should or changing variables?

http://i.imgur.com/g0NU9.png
    I think the only changes I make are to switch it to 10000 iterations and make sure all raid buffs/debuffs are enabled under buffs/debuffs (which I'm pretty sure is the default).

As for the actual dps itself, i THINK you can easily sim how much dancing steel would affect your DPS by looking at the simulation tab and finding the part that says:

main_hand=claws_of_shekzeer,id=86864,enchant=windsong,reforge=crit_mastery
    off_hand=garakal_fist_of_the_spiritbinder,id=86762,enchant=windsong,reforge=haste_exp

and change windsong to dancing_steel

and then run the sim again.

edit: i will run both sims because i'm curious.
    1st sim with your default profile: 86249
    2nd sim, changed profession to leatherworking, added flame shock glyph and dancing steel: 89460
    Last edited by houndstooth; 2012-12-11 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tides View Post
    The two Dancing Steel is acually quite alot of dps. It has damn high uptime and there's often two of em up at the same time at the start of the fight where you are popping cd's.

Also since its a patchwerk fight it sims it starts to show that you've got mining and you've not got the flameshock glyph. Small things add up.
    Could you please reconfirm this, because I thought I read a blue post stating that the current PPM proc mechanism didn't allow for simultaneous dancing steel procs or windsong (meaning from different weapons, only 3 of different types); however, I remember reading they found a solution and it would be implemented, has that happened?

Deleted
    ^ Yes, DS can have two buffs up simultaneously again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soupdejour View Post
    Could you please reconfirm this, because I thought I read a blue post stating that the current PPM proc mechanism didn't allow for simultaneous dancing steel procs or windsong (meaning from different weapons, only 3 of different types); however, I remember reading they found a solution and it would be implemented, has that happened?
    What you are referring to lasted like one day. They changed it really fast.
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

Quote Originally Posted by psir View Post
    Need to remember that Ascendance is affected by Mastery. Your auto-attacks does pure nature damage... Mastery 4 life!!!
    But haste gives you more attacks. The reason Ascendance scales better with mastery is because Stormstrike is affected by mastery but not haste, obviously you can't base stat weights on just one cooldown though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyttis View Post
    Since most fights in current tier are filled with running, swapping, stopping dps etc, mastery just crushes haste.
    This is my feeling on the haste vs mastery debate.....any time you are not hitting the target constantly (target swaps, running out of fire, ect) you are barely getting any benefit from haste, meanwhile mastery will still buff damage that is ticking on the target like periodic damage such as FLS or Searing Totem, plus most ranged abilities or stuff you can use while mobile is typically buffed by mastery like shocks and ULE (The FT half).......so overall I think Mastery is a better stat to reforge, but I would not ignore all Haste either, I am sure there is some magic number of haste that is good to keep (I wish Enh had a more obvious haste cap though like Resto does....such as if you could get 2 extra ticks of FLS if you have 10% Haste then you could just gear towards 10% Haste and then start stacking Mastery....even better if they actually added the "sanc of battle" type buff for Enh where haste reduced our CD's a bit so 10% Haste gave you 10% reduction on ability Cd's or something).