Poll: Do you want Thrall back as Warchief?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    you know for all you say in your posts, all I end up reading is that of an immature fella who talks more then he thinks. Bloody immature.
    Yeah, sorry for that, worst joke ever. Didn't think this one through.

No, Thrall has done more than enough already. Its bad enough he hugged all the screen time in Cataclysm, if he's back as warchief we'd only be see'ing him even more then we already did. Besides, he's probably not even capable of leading the necessary wars, so the Alliance could whipe the Horde out.

Let green Jesus end like the real Jesus........... dead

I don't want him back as warchief, because I felt that when he was warchief, Blizzard let him grow stagnant. It's sad that the largest role Thrall has played in the World of Warcraft (gamewise) was one where his is neutral. If they bring him back as warchief, I want to see more out of him.

So long as he remains green Jesus I'm pretty much okay with him not being in the game in any meaningful way. That kind of character is extremely boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    I don't want him back as warchief, because I felt that when he was warchief, Blizzard let him grow stagnant. It's sad that the largest role Thrall has played in the World of Warcraft (gamewise) was one where his is neutral. If they bring him back as warchief, I want to see more out of him.
    That is because the writers are pretty lackluster at the start of wow. Look now at how the lore characters interact in events, far better then it was in vanilla.

Suppose if they carry on this trend if Thrall was to come back, would that work?
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Taking him away from the Horde was one of their biggest mistakes imo. Most of the Horde didn't appreciate having their iconic leader replaced by a jackass, and most of the Alliance didn't appreciate having to interact with him. And why would they? He's not some WC2 relic stagnating on another planet; the guy is the Horde incarnate. He recreated it and brought all of its race into the fold.

So yeah, Warchief Thrall. As Venziir said though... maybe Aggra could go away or something.

I was never very fond of him as warchief, green jesus or not. Not really keen on any of the other faction leaders being warchief either. Anyway, like other guy said earlier... bring back Orgrim Doomhammer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Taking him away from the Horde was one of their biggest mistakes imo. Most of the Horde didn't appreciate having their iconic leader replaced by a jackass, and most of the Alliance didn't appreciate having to interact with him. And why would they? He's not some WC2 relic stagnating on another planet; the guy is the Horde incarnate. He recreated it and brought all of its race into the fold.

So yeah, Warchief Thrall. As Venziir said though... maybe Aggra could go away or something.
    As say, they made some mistakes in cata that shouldn't have been. But I think when you take the example of him being in durotar and coming to the echo isles, fighting and killing the kor'kohn who have forgotten the pack between orcs and trolls, it gives me hope about picking up the threads there and he being as Thrall again.
    He can be Go'el with his family but with the horde he needs to be Thrall.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral View Post
    I was never very fond of him as warchief, green jesus or not. Not really keen on any of the other faction leaders being warchief either. Anyway, like other guy said earlier... bring back Orgrim Doomhammer
    Is there that big a difference between Garrosh and Orgrim? I mean, look. Orgrim got in charge due to a normal treachery, which lead to his nickname ("the Backstabber"). He was also the one who ordered the creation of abominable beings, the Death Knights (not those who we know today, those like Teron Gorefiend). He is also partly responsible in... creation of twilight dragons. How? Well, he is the one who started the Dragonmaw Clan hunting and taming the red dragons and he is the one who ordered Alexstrasza to be the "egg machine". And those eggs were later used by Neltharion to create the new spiece. All those actions kinda make Garrosh a reasonable guy in comparison.

But I know, there is the Orgrim Doomhammer, and there is the Orgrim Doomhammer from this whole "Lord of the Clans" book.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post

this is kind of the way i feel. to be honest i was never a huge thrall fan even back during the RTS game. theres just not really anything that excites me about him. that being said he was the face of the orcs, if i seen a picture of thrall that would be my first thought, orcs. i just dont agree with them taking him away as the hordes leader and turning him neutral throughout cata. it was somewhat of an insult to horde players in my opinion

Vol'jin, hands down.

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason I see Thrall as being the only orc capable of leading the horde, is because of the orcs themselves.

Despite the fact he is evil itself, Mannaroth was right about the orcs in one respect (true villains use the truth), the orc are a misbegotten race. They give into corruption to easily if a powerful orc steps up and tells them to do so, they don't ever question the moral integrity of what they are doing.

The orcs are like young teenagers, they don't know right from wrong most of the time, and it takes them years to even learn a lesson in what honor really means.

This is why, if you give them a leader like Garrosh, Blackhand or doomhammer, they will commit terrible acts because there leader tells them to, since odds are there leader is no better then they are.

A leader has to be a character who is above and beyond the average consent of there race, they need to be one who symbolizes something better then the average, in this case, orc. The reason why every other leader has lead the horde to almost certain destruction, be it from poor decisions or internal strife, is because those leaders were no better then most average orcs.

Thrall, because of his upbringing and what made him different, was able to lead the orcs down a path no other orc could have, and the result became the horde rebuilding itself, becoming stronger, having more allies and more places around azeroth to call there own.

Anyone who thinks Garrosh made the horde into something is naive, all Garrosh did was that what Thrall made the horde into, and cover it in metallic spikes, he took all Thrall did for the horde and twisted it into a reflection of the old, dark horde, more of less corrupting its noble quality.

The horde we have now came from what Thrall made it into, the packs it made with all the races (even the goblins) came from him. Garrosh simply took what Thrall made and claimed it for himself.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2012-12-09 at 07:27 PM.
    #boycottchina

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If Thrall comes back, he has to come back as Thrall. I don't want the Horde being led by Go'el.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh...reasonable person?

I want what you guys are smokin.

Is there that big a difference between Garrosh and Orgrim? I mean, look. Orgrim got in charge due to a normal treachery, which lead to his nickname ("the Backstabber"). He was also the one who ordered the creation of abominable beings, the Death Knights (not those who we know today, those like Teron Gorefiend). He is also partly responsible in... creation of twilight dragons. How? Well, he is the one who started the Dragonmaw Clan hunting and taming the red dragons and he is the one who ordered Alexstrasza to be the "egg machine". And those eggs were later used by Neltharion to create the new spiece. All those actions kinda make Garrosh a reasonable guy in comparison.

But I know, there is the Orgrim Doomhammer, and there is the Orgrim Doomhammer from this whole "Lord of the Clans" book.
    No not really. Heck Garrosh could be considered WORSE then Doomhammer.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2012-12-09 at 07:32 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Saurfang.

We're at war, not trying to make friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    Saurfang.

We're at war, not trying to make friends.
    Saurfang is way too old and he's not going to be all bloodthirsty and all that. By the end of this *war* we'll be..at a tedious *peace*.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Garrosh...reasonable person?

I want what you guys are smokin.

No not really. Heck Garrosh could be considered WORSE then Doomhammer.
    Well, you simply stated it. Just tell me, considering what I just wrote, how exactly are Garroshes actions worse?

Deleted
    Not surprised at all the NOs.

Why?

Because actual thrallsuegreenjesusboringbla doesnt deserve any more undeserved attention he got in cata.

But if we talk about the real Thrall from wc3 then .. maybe yes but not by himself since he cant do that.

Maybe with help of Vol'Jin he could do a better job this time .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    Not surprised at all the NOs.

Why?

Because actual thrallsuegreenjesusboringbla doesnt deserve any more undeserved attention he got in cata.

But if we talk about the real Thrall from wc3 then .. maybe yes but not by himself since he cant do that.

Maybe with help of Vol'Jin he could do a better job this time .
    he did a fine job before, fact that the horde is fracturing without him gives enough evidence of that.
    And before you say anything about what happened when he was warchief, compared to all the other previous and after warchiefs, he was a freaking saint to his people.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you simply stated it. Just tell me, considering what I just wrote, how exactly are Garroshes actions worse?
    Orgrim didn't try and screw with his allies or assassinate them, heck he treated them well. Sure he went on to genocide them but that just puts Garrosh on a Dark Horde Level. Garrosh wants to take over the whole planet despite the Orcs not being native to the planet(Fancy that).

Warrior-Magi