High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Healing normal Garalon?

At one point I was running the 4 piece pvp set. Then the nerf came, and I saw it as an opportunity to go back to normal healing, however I have seen some post about the Holy Paladin 4 piece pvp set still being amazing for Garalon. Is it still far superior to normal gear without my four piece pve for Garalon normal mode?

I am still using the pvp 4 set and EF blanketing and I am quite successful with it. We three heal almost everything since DPS has not been an issue through normal modes, so it can be hard to rank, but I am consistently around 80-90% in WoL ranks. It is still very viable and in fact IMO has more throughput potential on most encounters until you can get the pve 4 set bonus. For Garalon EF blanketing would 100% be the way to go IMO.

For normal garalon both healing styles are viable, but EF 'blanketing' (its not really blanketing at all anymore) will get you generally higher hp/s as long as your healing partner doesnt overheal your hots. relax, pop out your holy light and practice beacon swapping imo

If you don't have the pve 4pc use the pvp 4pc.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    For normal garalon both healing styles are viable, but EF 'blanketing' (its not really blanketing at all anymore) will get you generally higher hp/s as long as your healing partner doesnt overheal your hots. relax, pop out your holy light and practice beacon swapping imo
    Last time I healed Garalon normal 23% of my healing was from Beacon. What kind of impact does the target switching have on that. Curious as generally while rolling EF my Beacon target doesn't require any attention, so I'm not getting the Beacon HP.

o0 wait does Retribution also will manage good dps with 4pcs pvp ??? or this is only for holy?

Quote Originally Posted by Matrlx View Post
    o0 wait does Retribution also will manage good dps with 4pcs pvp ??? or this is only for holy?
    the 4p pvp for ret is good on a lot of fights actually, especially this one. I wouldnt downgrade by 30 ilvls for it necessarily, but if you're currently wearing 489s and you have the 483 pvp set then it'll definitely be a dps increase. The ret 4 set is good, but ret HP generation is already way faster than holy's so increasing it has a smaller impact.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 02:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    Last time I healed Garalon normal 23% of my healing was from Beacon. What kind of impact does the target switching have on that. Curious as generally while rolling EF my Beacon target doesn't require any attention, so I'm not getting the Beacon HP.
    it kind of depends on your raid makeup and who you're healing with. I can't point to a parse and say "look how good it is!" because honestly I'm not that good at it yet, but there are a lot of fights where your beacon is doing a lot of overhealing. Holy light becomes absurdly efficient if the beacon heal isnt overheal, so you can imagine how swapping it around often would be good. We have a DK and Guardian tank (both of which can self heal) so if I beacon them while they have pheromones it's going to do a lot of overhealing. Ideally I'd beacon swap to the lowest health raid member and holy light the second lowest. Healing from EFs as well as that holy light will bring them up quickly, and then you can swap to someone else. When we have a ranged kiting, I do usually beacon them so I dont have to worry about range as much. Also, I've only healed garalon once (recently swapped main from feral druid) so I'm sure theres a lot more tricks to it that I'm not aware of.

Looking at our last garalon kill you can see how I do it actually pretty 'wrong' and still manage a decent enough HPS that we get a kill on our first shot. I'm using the pvp 4p yet use most of my HP on LoD like an idiot(I only gain six HP from the 4p!!! wow thats awful) , barely use eternal flame (I'd have probably been better off going SS with how little I used it).. I holy shock 43 times when it should have been closer to 60..

Anyway yeah, I'm impressed by how bad I did lol
    Last edited by dennisdkramer; 2012-12-11 at 07:31 AM.

The best thing I could say to sway you towards bacon swapping would probably be that it has a 60 yard range, so combined with the glyph you can easily use it to heal the people on the opposite leg to where you're standing, that along with Divine Light swapping can make this fight a lot easier and should put Beacon at #1 healing without a problem