Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Megathread] Forge

Surprised that their isn't one of these already!

Forge was recently released by Dark Vale Games after going through kickstater and then Steam Greenlight. Forge is a skill based PvP game, that borrows the fast paced combat from a first person shooter and the team tactics and class style from MMO's.

Forge is currently on special deal on Steam, for $20 you can get yourself 2 copies of the game ($10 each if you share with a buddy) ends December 18th!

Here is a few videos to look into the game;

I've just picked up the game myself and looking forward to playing it!
    Discuss below about the game, any tips/info you could share for new players?

Deleted
    I'm thinking about getting it but the discussion threads on the steam forum aren't amazingly positive so I haven't quite decided, though the whole get a second copy free is tempting since it's pretty cheap then. Would love an opinion from people actually playing it.

I would also like some info on this, saw the totalbiscuit video on it on some other thread and got super excited!
    Seeing as it's super cheap, I might give it a try regardless.

Deleted
    yeah its pretty much still in beta and only being sold because the developer needs funds to finish the game off.. looks really promising though. If the number of players on playing on steam increases ill be buying next week... nothing worse than loving an indie game and having sod all players.
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2012-12-09 at 10:25 PM.

I don't know if it's still possible (it was 1 day after "official" release), but you can register an account on their site and get a beta key which will register on Steam and let you play the game for free.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

It's pretty fun! I like that it's focused only on PvP so there's no gear treadmill to get in the way or any of that nonsense. I can just pop in and start playing against other people right away. The gameplay is pretty polished, but could use some work. As far as I know, they are still actively working on the game, though. So hopefully it can only get better from here.

Deleted
    how big are the teams right now.. the video said it supports upto 16v16 which would be great but not sure if it does right now.

Deleted
    whats peoples opinions on this game? first i heard of it today, it looks and sounds pretty fun and appeals to me as i love the look of the pvp style. but ive not heard much about the game, not much hype or anything.

its £15 right now on steam, but its a lot to pay for a game ive heard nothing about. ive watched TBs video, but that was alpha. anyone here own the game?

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 05:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I don't know if it's still possible (it was 1 day after "official" release), but you can register an account on their site and get a beta key which will register on Steam and let you play the game for free.

i dont see any option to register on their site apart from for the forums.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 05:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post

ok i actually just tried this, and you get the beta key and the client, but it says steam is now required to play, and you cannot download the full client through steam without paying £15.00

i dont mind paying the £15 if i enjoy the game, just kind of wanted to try it first

This game initially sparked my interest but like others have mentioned, after poking around for reviews I haven't seen much in the way of positive comments so that has held me back...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    This game initially sparked my interest but like others have mentioned, after poking around for reviews I haven't seen much in the way of positive comments so that has held me back...

the game looks quite impressive from videos ive seen, its just a little off putting when no one seems to be talking about it.
    maybe next week when im payed i will buy it, i guess ill wait a little while and see how things go.

It does look interesting but I thought the same about Evochron Mercenary so paid £20 for it and it turned out to be shit. :/
    Back to your bridge, you evil Troll!

Deleted
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/223390...4672599297539/

just reading from here. most people are saying the game is rather fun, but lacking in content for now. not many classes and little customization and only 3 maps. new abilities/classes and maps are suppose to be coming in a new patch. people saying it feels unfinished. over all a pretty good game, but you may be better off waiting until it has more content.

i will keep an eye on this game, but ill pass for now. maybe it was under £10 i would pick it up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/223390...4672599297539/

just reading from here. most people are saying the game is rather fun, but lacking in content for now. not many classes and little customization and only 3 maps. new abilities/classes and maps are suppose to be coming in a new patch. people saying it feels unfinished. over all a pretty good game, but you may be better off waiting until it has more content.

i will keep an eye on this game, but ill pass for now. maybe it was under £10 i would pick it up.
    you do get 2 copies though and you can trade in another for something. Its worth it imo

couple of questions: can you change the sex of your character? and how is the customization (armor, builds...)?

Deleted
    exp and levels unlock new skins etc.. content is still being added so dont expect everything to be in right now.

Deleted
    Anyone knows what the final payment model will be for this game? Since cost for game now is funding completion of game? Will it always be b2p and then some cash shop perhaps or will it go f2p? Bloodline champions is free but still hasn't got enough population, a similar game like this should use same path tbh.

I really enjoyed it!

only played a few rounds. but its really good fun.

Look interesting, but it does seem to look very much like an mmo-pvp style, but improved greatly. No real interest in buying it atm, a demo would be nice however

Played it a bit, the interface is MMOish, and the whole theme is basically battlegrounds, control this, take that.

But the combat is fast paced and you really need to get used to it before you are useful, everything is a skillshot for ranged, and melee are kinda easier because of that, generally for 19E as it goes right now its not a bad buy, friend that played it a lot (I didnt have the time or will those days) pretty much played it all day, its really fast paced and adrenaline stuff, for those that like that kind of play its rather good.

No gear, just plain PvPing, apparently there is a new class and matchmaking incoming soon, to make it better, maybe some small scale arenas also, not sure about the last part.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Anyone knows what the final payment model will be for this game? Since cost for game now is funding completion of game? Will it always be b2p and then some cash shop perhaps or will it go f2p? Bloodline champions is free but still hasn't got enough population, a similar game like this should use same path tbh.
    it will always be b2p this isnt an mmo.. its just pvp in the style of an fps / rpg which you get in mmo's its an indie title and it'll probably stay the same price and eventually drop to about £9.99 from £14.99 as time goes on.

still a free copy of the game with every purchase until the 18th.