Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    Why is that?
    Because if you worked hard as hell for something you SHOULD be able to be a "special snowflake" about it. And you know what? I don't care if you don't like that. You can move to Cuba and enjoy your communism bullcrap there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Watch the attitude. Im not going to sit in a discussion forum and discuss how sunshine and fucking lollipops everything is, whats the point in that? Same can be said to you, why are you sitting here bitching at me.

Why don't you leave MMO-Champion and do something interesting in your spare time?

Btw that was alot more polite than it had to be.
    Why i am here? I don't even know, maybe because this is WoW's news site. Nobody forces you to discuss about sunshine and "fucking" lollipops, i just can't understand why are you bitching about everything.

---------- Post added 2012-12-09 at 09:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Articuno View Post
    Because if you worked hard as hell for something you SHOULD be able to be a "special snowflake" about it. And you know what? I don't care if you don't like that. You can move to Cuba and enjoy your communism bullcrap there.
    I have Plagued Proto-Drake and i really don't care if someone else can get it. Seriously, it's an ugly mount, i don't even know why someone wants it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Way too overdramatic reaction for such trivial bullshit. But then again, most reactions around here are overdramatic by nature, it's no surprise.

Yeah, it's absolutely disgusting and infurating that other players can obtain items that were removed years ago, even though it has no effect on MY gameplay at all! How dare they do this! /sarcasm

If you can't see how freaking small and harmless it is that a handful of people are going to have a mount/vanity weapon that isn't obtainable anymore, then I can do nothing more than laugh.

Anyway, I surely wouldn't spend much gold on the plagued drake. If it was the black one, however... I'd invest quite a bit on that one. But not on the plagued.

As for the weapons, it's a no for me. Even if I did have the monetary power to get them, I don't think they're worth large amounts of gold. But that's just me, and it really means little.

Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    Sadly, will never have enough gold to get it from the BMAH...If only there was some other way to get it ingame, perhaps via a ridiculously long quest chain.
    Or just adding them back to where they belong: the T7 meta-achievements.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2012-12-09 at 08:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

just buy the gold like everyone else. most of the people with gold can afford it. i've ran into people who couldn't even use the AH and yet they had hundreds of thousands of gold. it's because people buy the hell out of gold

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Firstly you've been lurking since April so chances are you know fuck and all about me and my post history, which even if you were to look up isnt even about wow 70% of the time. Secondly no one is forcing you to derail the topic and have a little bitchfit at me. Take your own advice.
    Whenever you post in WoW thread, you bitch. I don't like people who bitch. You have the truth, no one is forcing me to say something about you and your bitching, i was just curious why are you still here.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    even though it has no effect on MY gameplay at all! How dare they do this! /sarcasm
    It has an effect on MY gameplay because I don't want to see people riding around on the mount that I WORKED HARD TO GET. They didn't work hard, they bought gold from a Chinese farmer or used Guardian Cubs.

If you can't see how freaking small and harmless it is that a handful of people are going to have a mount/vanity weapon that isn't obtainable anymore, then I can do nothing more than laugh.
    If you actually had actually worked for one of these then you'd understand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    Plagued Proto-Drake /drool

Amazing looking mount for my warlock

Sadly, will never have enough gold to get it from the BMAH...If only there was some other way to get it ingame, perhaps via a ridiculously long quest chain.
    I think that they could've made it as rare drop from something. Rare npc that have spawn time like TLPD, and only 5% chance on dropping Plagued and Black Proto Drakes. It should spawn in Orgrimmar and Stormwind AH of course.

---------- Post added 2012-12-09 at 09:24 PM ----------

I have both Plagued Proto Drake and Arcanite Ripper and i still don't care. Someone is going to have same pixels as me.... THE HORROR!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    It has an effect on MY gameplay because I don't want to see people riding around on the mount that I WORKED HARD TO GET. They didn't work hard, they bought gold from a Chinese farmer or used Guardian Cubs.

Sure I would. You're assuming I wasn't ever in a similar situation as you are. Perhaps not with the same items. Perhaps not even with some super-hard to obtain shiny (which the plagued drake and the arcanite ripper WERE NOT), perhaps not even in this game. But I have been, and I never cared. You assume too much.

All I can really say is: you poor little thing, having to share your precious mount with people who put in less effort than you did YEARS ago. Do you cry about people who solo or 2-3 man their way to their meta-achievement/rare drop mount from previous expansions just because they aren't obtaining them in current content? I'm sure you do.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2012-12-09 at 08:27 PM.
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    Whenever you post in WoW thread, you bitch. I don't like people who bitch. You have the truth, no one is forcing me to say something about you and your bitching, i was just curious why are you still here.
    this type of post should be a template

the "how to bitch about someone bitching while saying you hate bitching" template

so hypocriticial

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    this type of post should be a template

the "how to bitch about someone bitching while saying you hate bitching" template

so hypocriticial
    I wasn't bitching. I was just curious why is he still here.

Can't we all just smoke some pot, play the game, and laugh together?

Because the T7 10 man meta was MEGA HARD, amirite? I mean, it's not like a bunch of guilds cleared Naxx still wearing T6 or anything, right? You worked so hard, you poor baby.

You act like suddenly, tomorrow, there are going to be 3495783985793874598357 people on your realm with a plagued proto, just like, flying circles around you. That's not going to happen. You can stop hyperventilating.

Also the Arcanite Ripper was not an item you had to "work for"....it was a drop off a special event boss that was piss easy, as special even bosses tend to be, and if you were a lucky little girl like me you won the roll. I don't care if more people have the same axe I do, because it's super awesome no matter what.

You should try getting your sense of accomplishment and self worth somewhere outside of a video game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why only the 10men version? I have that one q_q

Deleted
    Yeah, it's absolutely disgusting and infurating that other players can obtain items that were removed years ago, even though it has no effect on MY gameplay at all! How dare they do this! /sarcasm
    this isn't really valid when you're talking about an MMO game. What's the point in doing anything in a MMO when you can just buy gold and purchase the rewards?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    I wasn't bitching. I was just curious why is he still here.
    not going to go any further than this but it sure seemed like you were bitching in the quote fizzbob quoted.

i dont play WoW anymore and i still come to this site, while i dont piss and moan at everything blizzard does i still like to post in WoW related topics and give my opinion. its a forum, a public place to discuss topics ranging from WoW to tv/movies. so while someone, who doesnt even play WoW, complaining about something going on in WoW may seem stupid to you, it may very well not be the sole reason they are here at this site.

when i visit this site i generally look at the recently active posts and just open ones that have interesting titles in multiple new windows. some are discussing WoW, others are discussing other things. to each their own!

Very disappointed they bring back the plagued proto drake in such a way. Some things should stay unobtainable. I don't have it btw.

So, ignoring all the special snowflake discussion,

Is is my imagination, or are the blue tweets getting more and more redundant? I was trying to make out anything in all those tweets that was in any way new and not just another "we do listen, but it's us that makes the game" post rephrased slightly.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisderp View Post
    this isn't really valid when you're talking about an MMO game. What's the point in doing anything in a MMO when you can just buy gold and purchase the rewards?
    I'd agree with you, if not for the fact that buying gold isn't really something endorsed by Blizzard, or a lot of us players for that matter. Buying gold is, for all intents and purposes, as bad as exploiting. Obtaining enough gold for these vanity items in a legit way will take enough effort to warrant the mount's availability as a gold sink. And even ignoring for a moment their cost, it's not like these mounts will be up on the BMAH 24/7, all the time, always available. You won't suddenly have a mob of players riding on plagued proto-drakes because of this. Just like you don't have mobs of players riding other rare drop mounts that are on the BMAH since it was released.

Still, I'll give you my opinion. It really doesn't matter. Those "rewards" are outdated. VERY outdated. They should have never been removed in the first place (except perhaps the arcanite ripper, I'll give you that one, since it was a one-time thing like the tabard of the protector, and not a whole raid/dungeon reward by itself, that was available for months), just like every mount after those weren't removed (exception being the ToC mounts, sadly). Content - be it dungeons themselves or specific items from them - should never, in my opinion, be removed, for the sole reason that those people who think themselves "worthy" of having exclusive items that no one else can touch, will always have their own up-to-date rewards that no one else will be able to touch for at least an entire expansion.
    Every new tier, you get new status symbols that make you stand out from other people around you. Why then, shouldn't other players be able to more easily access older "prestige" rewards, when you're getting between two to three new ones every tier, that the vast majority of the population can't touch? How is that such a problem?
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2012-12-09 at 09:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd agree with you, if not for the fact that buying gold isn't really something endorsed by Blizzard, or a lot of us players for that matter. Buying gold is, for all intents and purposes, as bad as exploiting. Obtaining enough gold for these vanity items in a legit way will take enough effort to warrant the mount's availability as a gold sink. And even ignoring for a moment their cost, it's not like these mounts will be up on the BMAH 24/7, all the time, always available. You won't suddenly have a mob of players riding on plagued proto-drakes because of this. Just like you don't have mobs of players riding other rare drop mounts that are on the BMAH since it was released.
    Guardian Cub
    http://us.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=1100001590

What fucking pricks bringing back the plagued protos. YOU COULDNT just give veteran players the plagued and black proto drakes could you? you simply fucking couldnt.

Whats next? the Black proto drakes too?

Assholes.