Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    That's buying gold as much as I'm a tooth fairy.

Not to mention that it's a topic that has been beaten to death more than "mages are op!!!!1".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

The Alternative could of been worse...

I have a plagued drake...but I don't mind them bringing it back on the BMAH.

It is FAR BETTER THAN THE ALTERNATIVE, which is re-attach it to the achievement meaning everyone under the sun would have one. So maybe 1-3 of them are available per year, per server - whatever, it will still be rare.... and I will always have the satisfaction of beating one of the most difficult hard modes in WotLK - OS3D 10 man in Naxx gear...with the time stamp on the achievement to prove it.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bring back black proto drake please not plagued and to all whiners that say they worked hard in naxx all i have to say is lmfao.

That Curse weekly roundup has great potential, but they deliver the valuable information in such an annoyingly flippant way that it becomes difficult for me to continue watching.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    I'd agree with you, if not for the fact that buying gold isn't really something endorsed by Blizzard, or a lot of us players for that matter. Buying gold is, for all intents and purposes, as bad as exploiting. Obtaining enough gold for these vanity items in a legit way will take enough effort to warrant the mount's availability as a gold sink. And even ignoring for a moment their cost, it's not like these mounts will be up on the BMAH 24/7, all the time, always available. You won't suddenly have a mob of players riding on plagued proto-drakes because of this. Just like you don't have mobs of players riding other rare drop mounts that are on the BMAH since it was released.

Still, I'll give you my opinion. It really doesn't matter. Those "rewards" are outdated. VERY outdated. They should have never been removed in the first place (except perhaps the arcanite ripper, I'll give you that one, since it was a one-time thing like the tabard of the protector, and not a whole raid/dungeon reward by itself, that was available for months), just like every mount after those weren't removed (exception being the ToC mounts, sadly). Content - be it dungeons themselves or specific items from them - should never, in my opinion, be removed, for the sole reason that those people who think themselves "worthy" of having exclusive items that no one else can touch, will always have their own up-to-date rewards that no one else will be able to touch for at least an entire expansion.
    Every new tier, you get new status symbols that make you stand out from other people around you. Why then, shouldn't other players be able to more easily access older "prestige" rewards, when you're getting between two to three new ones every tier, that the vast majority of the population can't touch? How is that such a problem?
    I suppose that's where our opinions differ, where my opinion is that if you've earned something you should keep it. I'm not 100% for keeping items out of the game, but I'm more for the concept of having to put forward an equal amount of effort to gain an item. And farming a boss for 2 years doesn't count as "effort" in my brain - I'm more thinking of achievements which are like "Kill all bosses in X raid at level Y with no higher item level than Z".

Blizzard have new technology which allows the player to tone down their item level to a certain amount in challenge modes, this feature could surely be ported over somehow. If this happened, would you then be happy? No content is being removed (if anything it is saving more content, as players have to run the raid instead of just going to the BMAH), the effort required stays the same, and those who are hungry for epeen can get their mounts before anyone else at the same rate as per usual, meaning they have nothing to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post

If you can't see how freaking small and harmless it is that a handful of people are going to have a mount/vanity weapon that isn't obtainable anymore, then I can do nothing more than laugh.
    As someone who did try to get one and always ended up with someone derping up insanity and then having the mount become "available" again except only to the few who are rich enough is a punch to the gut of those who tried and then was told f u by Blizzard.

Deleted
    Death Knight (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    ¨What do you think of DK survival in pvp? I quit mine because I realized in premop patch that we were going to be easy target
    If you can get a DK to blow all def cooldowns, then they're easier to kill, but you still have Blood Presence. (Source)

----------
    yeah blizzard since frost and unholy are the pvp specs for highest damage im sure i want to sit in blood presence seriously the blizz blues get dumber everyday do they even play there fucking game in pvp, ghostcrawler knows fuck all bout anything gj blizz guess dk's arnt gonna get buffed til about 2014

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Some things should've not been touched and Arcanite Ripper is one of them.
    Cause all the unlucky people who didn't win it during the event can all rot in hell, amirite?

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting precedent for adding original content to the BMAH. Turned out to be a very nice addition for MoP.

Deleted
    Every Mione video makes me want to stab myself in the ears, grats though.

Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    Bring back black proto drake please not plagued and to all whiners that say they worked hard in naxx all i have to say is lmfao.
    If it was so easy to get, why should they bring it back? It's still one of the rarest mounts to have. Naxx wasn't hard by any means, but it was hard to get through all of the 25m encounters in a single lockout without anyone dying. And yeah, they shouldn't bring it back.

10+ Year Old Account
    How good exactly is the Puppy build, as in how far would i get via certain games, would it be able to run say Elder Scrolls Online, or WoW at Ultra?

Um... Chaud, I really don't want to sound like a dick, but some of those tweets (the ones I recognize right away: The general Class tweets and the Mage ones) are from weeks ago. RoP Castable on the Move even says Nov 24th... >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisderp View Post
    I suppose that's where our opinions differ, where my opinion is that if you've earned something you should keep it. I'm not 100% for keeping items out of the game, but I'm more for the concept of having to put forward an equal amount of effort to gain an item. And farming a boss for 2 years doesn't count as "effort" in my brain - I'm more thinking of achievements which are like "Kill all bosses in X raid at level Y with no higher item level than Z".
    So everyone that killed kael'thas back in BC should have a phoenix? Everyone who killed Mandokir back when ZG went live for the first time should get the raptor automatically? They put in as much effort as anyone else that killed it back then and got it. What about transitive difficulty? If one raid is harder than another, but the first raid drops a mount, should you get the mount from the first raid after having cleared the second? Or how about the dungeon drop mounts, like from stonecore or vortex pinnacle? I killed those bosses numerous times when they were "current" content, should my achievement earn me said mount?

I could give a rat's ass if they bring back strictly cosmetic rewards, especially in an avenue in which so very, very few people will actually get it, like the black market auction house. I'm a mount hunter, and I ride mounts that look cool, not mounts that I think will make other people think I'm better than them.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Again... 20+ day old tweets posting on the front page like they are news. There has been six+ tweet summaries posted since some of these tweets summarized today were posted. Including one 2 days before the patch (5.1) the tweets (posted a week before that summary) talk about went live.

Deleted
    Chaud- in the list of items that you've made there's the marking section stating "Black Market" or "Looted / Black Market" but the Flametalon of Alysrazor is the only mount marked as not looted as well as BM;AH bought = )?

Deleted
    OHH, FFS THEY HAVE REMOVED Reins of the Rusted Proto-Drake ALSO WHATS NEXT IRONBOUND, LIKE THEY SAID THEY WOULDN´T...FFS BLIZZTARD, GONNA REMOVE RED AND GREEN PROTO DRAKE ALSO , WHY NOT REMOVE ALL PROTO DRAKES ALL TOGETHER, THIS IS JUST SIMPLY TARDED....
    Last edited by mmocb2d4aeaa07; 2012-12-09 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Duplicate

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiDragon91 View Post
    OHH, FFS THEY HAVE REMOVED Reins of the Rusted Proto-Drake ALSO WHATS NEXT IRONBOUND, LIKE THEY SAID THEY WOULDN´T...FFS BLIZZTARD, GONNA REMOVE RED AND GREEN PROTO DRAKE ALSO , WHY NOT REMOVE ALL PROTO DRAKES ALL TOGETHER, THIS IS JUST SIMPLY TARDED....
    Isn't Iron-Bound still in the game? I know they only took out the Naxx ones, not the Ulduar ones as well.
    BfA Beta Time

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, those who get mad, just link your [Vampier Hunter], [Tabard of the Argent Dawn], or any other relevant achievement in that era and feel better about knowing you worked 'hard' for that Arcanite Ripper.

Actually, I bet it'll be more difficult to save up enough dough to buy this thing off the BMAH than it was to kill Tenris Murkblood during the Invasion event.

Quote Originally Posted by jakj View Post
    Is the special snowflake unhappy some random person gets pixels he didn't want them to have?
    No, the special snowflake just thinks that in RPG themed game some things should remain unique and restricted to certain periods and events (Regardless of whetever this particular snowflake happens to have that something or not). Something a newschool "I want it all and I want it now" entitled gamers might not quite grasp on.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988