Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

QQ about BE racials

am i the only one thinking that BE racials are absolutely useless?arcane res,enchanting and AT now nerfed,only 3 racials,where every other race have at least 4 racials,there's any chance that they will be upgraded?like 1% mastery,or something for a little dps boost (expertise with some random weapon,only suggesting),or does someone know if with racials model revamp there will be something about racials?

10+ Year Old Account
    Couldn't care less about % increase racials etc, what I want are "flavor racials" appropriate to that race and class.. Kind of what like SWTOR done with the legacy system.

Choosing a race should be about aesthetics and overall background.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    Couldn't care less about % increase racials etc, what I want are "flavor racials" appropriate to that race and class.. Kind of what like SWTOR done with the legacy system.

Choosing a race should be about aesthetics and overall background.
    you're absolutely right,but,if all other races increase something,is the reason that be too must be chosen for every class without any dps loss^^

oh look this thread again.

arcane torrent.
    /discussion

blood elves are actually better off than most other races because of arcane torrent. its debatable as to it could be better than human racial. free mana pot every 2 minutes in pve, op aoe silence in pvp. blood elf rogues still remain to be my most hated race/class combo for the reason that they can cover so many ccs.

if you wanna talk useless racials, dwarves, tauren, night elves, and draenei would like a word with you.
    tauren used to be awesome because of the stam buff, now nerfed.
    night elves used to be great tanks because of the evasive racial, which is now nerfed.
    draenei used to be great because of hit racial, now removed.
    dwarves were good when stoneform removed all bleeds and diseases and caused them to be immune for the duration, now nerfed.

what did blood elves lose exactly? oh right, mana nuke, not that it was overpowered or anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyrd View Post
    if you wanna talk useless racials, dwarves, tauren, night elves, and draenei would like a word with you.
    night elves used to be great tanks because of the evasive racial, which is now nerfed.
    dwarves were good when stoneform removed all bleeds and diseases and caused them to be immune for the duration, now nerfed.
    We still have that, just not raid wide anymore (self only now).

Gift of Naaru did got nerf'd to useless though, thanks to people exploiting that in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Mettimo View Post
    am i the only one thinking that BE racials are absolutely useless?arcane res,enchanting and AT now nerfed,only 3 racials,where every other race have at least 4 racials,there's any chance that they will be upgraded?like 1% mastery,or something for a little dps boost (expertise with some random weapon,only suggesting),or does someone know if with racials model revamp there will be something about racials?
    They're probably prepping them for a new racial as we speak if that's the case, much like they did with trolls a while back. I think Draenei could stand to benefit from some improved racials as well.

Racials suck and should be removed. Not balanced or changed. Remove them.

im sorry but the Horde has the best racials in the game, and giving them more amazing racials while alliance racials remain garbage or specifically useful for PvP only with one race, is not a solution.

As much as even Ghostcrawler has said he'd like them gone, it's not likely a change we will see before the next expansion, if at all.

In all truth, they just need to be balanced across ALL races:

1: A weapon skill racial, applying to two types of weapons (ie: Dwarves). The Human Racial for both Swords and Maces (both 1H and 2H) would need to be nerfed to only Swords.
    2: An offensive racial.
    3: A defensive racial.
    The offensive and defensive racials would work that 1 is activated and 1 is passive. Undead is a nice example. Will of the Forsaken is defensive and an activated ability, while Touch of the Grave is offensive and passive.
    4: 1-2 flavour racials. Again, I refer to Undead for Cannabilism, a perfect example.

Profession bonuses would fall under the flavour racials, for the races they fit.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

As a Pandaren with double food bonuses and a sleep touch ability, I'm doing alright. Still not sure why we get +15 to our maximum cooking and not +15 from our current progress like normal. (sitting at 615/615 cooking with no green +15 mind you)
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Swtor's racials were the biggest pieces of shit in the world. Here! Make everyone around you cheer! YAAAAAYYY!!!

Even though I love swtor, racials were pos'.

---------- Post added 2012-12-09 at 08:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    im sorry but the Horde has the best racials in the game, and giving them more amazing racials while alliance racials remain garbage or specifically useful for PvP only with one race, is not a solution.
    Horde have the best PVE racials. Alli have the best pvp racials. Worgen radials are garbage? Wuuuuuuuuuuttt?

10+ Year Old Account
    as a BE girl.. i gotta agree. Arcane Torrent is nice.. ish. but it feels less then the newer races. pandaren have 5? 6? racials now. goblins have 5.. Worgen too? idk if the numbers are right, its not the point.. the point is they have more. i would love to have more flavor racials, not necessarily op type ones, like the human trinket. just something more useful then +5 to enchanting.. sheesh. we like arcane.. so give us a portable reforger. or something. if goblins can have free bank access.. then surely the reforger could happen too.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    And this is why I think racials should be changed to either be only cosmetic stuff, or non-combat enhancing abilities. Profession boosting racials aren't that bad, as they're not a performance boost at all in any way (unless you count having an easier time leveling a profession a performance boost). Other than those, I'm of the opinion that every racial should be either removed, or reworked to become some sort of cosmetic thing like a Worgen's ability to switch to human form out of combat, or a minor utility ability like a Goblin's remote bank access.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Char creation:

Chose Class/Race

List of Passive racials
    List of Active racials

Pick 2 of each.

Done.

Blood Elf racials are actually pretty good in my opinion. They might not have the best racials in the game but they are definitely not bad.

Personally I like BElf Racials. Ofc the little things are useless, but all races are. As a melee dps, saving torrent to get that clutch kick when no one else is going to interrupt can really save a raid/tank, etc. It's nice to have it for a healer at 10% in pvp for that 2 second silence need to finish them off.

If I remember when I made a BE during TBC launch, blood elves had 2 usuable racials. One that steals some mana of the target, and the second one blasts that amount of mana as damage against the target. Their racials got reworked trough

Quote Originally Posted by Vyrd View Post

what did blood elves lose exactly? oh right, mana nuke, not that it was overpowered or anything.
    Yeah seriously, poor Draenei they probably have the worst racials in the game right now.

I have always found Arcane Torrent irreplaceable as a tank -- having an AOE caster-grab is fantastic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always considered us fairly blessed to have torrent. I feel really naked without it.

Well, from a PVP perspective at least. It gave us quite an edge back before rebuke.