Page 1 of 2
LastLast

College Survey: The Metalhead Stereotype

Hey MMO-C, I'm doing a college survey based on the idea of the stereotype behind metalheads, and I was wondering if you guys could take 5 minutes of your time to fill it out.

Here's the link: http://edu.surveygizmo.com/s3/110164...ead-stereotype

Thanks a ton for anyone that completes it!

Deleted
    Done, hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    Done, hope it helps.
    Thanks, it really does, the more responses I have the better grade I get, plus the better report I can give.

Deleted
    Done. Hope you rock your assignment! \m/

10+ Year Old Account
    I also completed it, good luck with your project

Deleted
    Done. Good luck with your assignment and stay metal!

15+ Year Old Account
    submitted
    I did it while listening to SlipKnot, it felt right
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    I am disappointed with mostly negative image on the survey about metalheads, while your research might be trying to better their image, the questions you asked are mostly negative.

For example, are metalhead more violent? I see more fights in night clubs than in rock clubs (actually not seen ANY fights in rock clubs yet), while people do mosh rather viciously, as soon as someone fall everyone around generally stop and help the person up. Whereas in night club when someone bump into another person, a fight could break out because of it, if not there would be at least some cursing/swearing involved.

I actually find metalheads are more peaceful >.>;

10+ Year Old Account
    aren't 7 and 10 the same? :S

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    No they aren't the same. Anyways, done with the survey.

Done, good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    I am disappointed with mostly negative image on the survey about metalheads, while your research might be trying to better their image, the questions you asked are mostly negative.

For example, are metalhead more violent? I see more fights in night clubs than in rock clubs (actually not seen ANY fights in rock clubs yet), while people do mosh rather viciously, as soon as someone fall everyone around generally stop and help the person up. Whereas in night club when someone bump into another person, a fight could break out because of it, if not there would be at least some cursing/swearing involved.

I actually find metalheads are more peaceful >.>;
    Well, I did this based on things that I have been stereotyped with over the past, all of which are wrong (violent, drugs, etc)

I did this mainly to see if I was affected mainly in my little bubble of a town or if it was an overall image.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Asking similar items (not always the same, though sometimes with simple rewording) is a comment technique for validity in surveys. Usually done in longer surveys than this though. I was hoping that there was at least a second page seeing if people that identified as metalheads exhibited any of the established stereotypes from page 1 though
    But then again, I am a Snowman on Fire!
    Yizelin the Insane

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unmoveable View Post
    Well, I did this based on things that I have been stereotyped with over the past, all of which are wrong (violent, drugs, etc)

I did this mainly to see if I was affected mainly in my little bubble of a town or if it was an overall image.
    I'd strongly recommend you redo the survey, I completed it for you but it's a very poor set of questions. For example, "Do you believe that there is a stereotype behind metalheads (Long hair, band t-shirts, jeans, prone to violence, drugs)", simply leads the subject way too much. Don't give too much information away when writing survey questions. Better phrasing would be along the lines of "Do Metalheads have an associated stereotype?", 2 "If yes, would you state it is positive, negative etc etc.

Try again if you'd like a good mark. For reference I'm a teacher and college tutor, so I've corrected many of these things :P

I did the survey but it should have been a bit more expansive, explanatory and "discussive" in nature. This one was extremely black and white with heavy negative concentration.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    I filled it out. Good luck dude! \m/

Takes a metalhead to know a metalhead! Down with the sterotype!

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The quickest 5 minutes ever! Filled it out, may the metal gods have mercy upon your soul and bless your task with success.

UP THE IRONS!!!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    In 90% off the case metal heads are just the common stereotype, I never heard of them being more violent or them taking more drugs though. But long hear, dirty Tshirts, tattoes, piercings and such are a perfect match in most cases.

I rarely meet a metalhead where I couldn't tell up ahead that they are one.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    I'd strongly recommend you redo the survey, I completed it for you but it's a very poor set of questions. For example, "Do you believe that there is a stereotype behind metalheads (Long hair, band t-shirts, jeans, prone to violence, drugs)", simply leads the subject way too much. Don't give too much information away when writing survey questions. Better phrasing would be along the lines of "Do Metalheads have an associated stereotype?", 2 "If yes, would you state it is positive, negative etc etc.

Try again if you'd like a good mark. For reference I'm a teacher and college tutor, so I've corrected many of these things :P
    Yeah this is really good advice. The questions made me overthink what was being asked. There is a stereotype that people apply to metalheads but I don't necessarily think it's true. I do think that of the people that the stereotype applies to, a vast majority are not actually more prone to violence or drugs or whatever but are attempting to live up to an image that they themselves are attaching to the subculture.
    Still filled it in as best I could though :P