10+ Year Old Account

New case for under £50

Hey, a few months ago I asked for advice on a bunch of parts for under £500

Had a lot of bad luck, but finally able to get round to ordering the following within the next month

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£172.98 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G45 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (£93.32 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£32.00 @ Maplin Electronics)
    Video Card: Asus Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card (£192.94 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Total: £491.24
    (Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-05-11 21:23 BST+0100)

Prices are probably a bit out of date.
    This will be my first full build into a new case, I've replaced parts before icnluding the processor, but never a full build.

My question is, what will be a good case for under £50 for this build? I will require soom room for a heatsink as wanted to do a bit of overclocking in the future with the 3570k...
    Also would like it to be able to fit my current build in there (A huge GTX 260 being the main culprit of space)

From the UK so would need to be UK based. I'm guessing scan.co.uk/overclockers/ebay would be best options.
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get to feel the warmth it brings.

The Corsair 400R is a really nice case if you aren't looking for flashy good looks. with the side panels jutting out a bit, and the mobo tray recessed it gives a lot of space for an aftermarket cooler, and a lot of room for cable management. not sure on the fit with your GPU though as i don't know the dimensions of your card, and the hard drive cage is not removable to make more space. but i believe there is just enough space to fit some of the largest current cards.

tho it would be right at £50 if on sale, or £10 more if you can't get a deal on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    10.5 inches, so I've just read lol. Very large, shall have a look at that case

Edit: Only finding them about £80+

How about
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...odid=CA-037-ZA

Just under 12 inches for graphics card, so room for my current one. Just not heard of the brand before...
    Last edited by Lapetos; 2012-12-09 at 10:32 PM.
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get to feel the warmth it brings.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapetos View Post
    10.5 inches, so I've just read lol. Very large, shall have a look at that case

Edit: Only finding them about £80+
    yikes. must be a import thing as they are only $99 here in the states, or £61 in your money. hmm. if you were looking for a case with good airflow i would suggest then a CM HAF-912, or K280. however lots of openings for dust to enter if you don't have filters over the intakes, and are not set up for positive pressure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm the K280 is looking good, and under the budget... The HAF 912 looks real nice, may shell out a bit more for it.
    Take it the Zalman Z9 isn't a good one to go for? Or even with cases best sticking to good brands like corsair/coolermaster/thermaltake?

Lot of decent choices on scan in your price range. My personal choices in no particular order would be:

Lian Li Lancool Dragon Lord K
    NZXT Tempest 210
    Corsair Carbide 200R
    IN WIN PE668T2

10+ Year Old Account
    If it helps I'm currently using this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007C008L2/?tag=pcp0f-21

It's fantastic for massive Coolers and plenty of space for just about anything, also great ventilation, very cool and quiet

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks guys will check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzow View Post
    If it helps I'm currently using this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007C008L2/?tag=pcp0f-21

It's fantastic for massive Coolers and plenty of space for just about anything, also great ventilation, very cool and quiet
    HOLY HELL that looks sexy! May have persuaded me on that one there!

Edit: also under £50 on scan too

---------- Post added 2012-12-09 at 11:44 PM ----------

Thanks for suggestions guys, going to put the extra bit of money and go for Mizzow's choice. With the filters, very large case and seriously gorgeous future style looks, just got me addicted!

Lucky it was sugested, as was just about to hit for the Carbide 200R or the K280! As both seemed nice choices.