Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Damage control and information policing on the official forums to protect their image and, consequently, their profits. Although that has always happened in some capacity as far as I can recall, they have applied a bit of a Nazi touch to the process now since the release of the current expansion pack.

Quote Originally Posted by stuck4cash View Post
    It's a she.
    Thanks for the update on Buu's plumbing.

---------- Post added 2012-12-10 at 02:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vokal View Post
    Damage control and information policing on the official forums to protect their image and, consequently, their profits. Although that has always happened in some capacity as far as I can recall, they have applied a bit of a Nazi touch to the process now since the release of the current expansion pack.
    So deleting posts from someone who they themselves admit deserved the temporary ban they received is now the "Nazi touch"?

I deserved the ban, not every post of mine was in violation however.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Everything you say might be erased when you're banned. No idea.
    Thats how it works when you get banned they remove all your post.

Sometimes they just remove all your post and not ban you

Deleted
    Got deservedly banned for a week in early Cata. The offending post got removed. A quote of the offending post remained and was (manually?) deleted a few days later. My other posts, I didn't have many, remained.

And yes their moderators seem to - at times - delete posts they don't like without issuing any sanctions. It's a privately owned forum, they can do so all day long.

"as those moderators that entered the team during Cataclysm have a LONG history of abusing power. "

The moderators in blizz forums gave perma ban after a very first incursion.
    Fucking bastards they are

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure they just blanket delete a users post because it's far easier than going through their entire post history and determining which posts are out of line one by one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its just how the forums work, My account got banned from forums by accident and my history was cleared. I put a ticket in and they explained its the same process from the old forums. As I was never banned on the old forums so I wasn't sure about it. But it lasted I think 4 hours & I never got a email cause of it.

Doesn't it really matter if your history was cleared as it seems its seems to just be policy if you get banned from the forums or Temp Ban ?
    Last edited by Arbs; 2012-12-10 at 05:39 AM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Did that really happen? I'm inclined to believe it, but how did you find that out for sure?
    It didn't. Notice how it isn't even sure about the name of the supposed mod? "or something"
    Last edited by openair; 2012-12-10 at 05:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get out the hip-waders and tinfoil hats, it's all a monetary conspiracy and not anything as simple as people violate the rules and get banned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    This is one of times I am not sarcastic with complainers, as those moderators that entered the team during Cataclysm have a LONG history of abusing power.
    This happened before Cata too. I remember back in Wrath I got banned twice (once deservedly), and both times all my previous posts were deleted.

However I've been banned twice from Cata+ (neither time deservedly), and neither time my previous posts were deleted.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Do you guys sometimes forget Blizzard is comprised of Humans, and just like you or I, they make mistakes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    If you are not enjoying the game, you migth as well quit.

Sound like you are not happy with the game, then complaining and ignoring the forum guideline, got even more mad for getting banned for not following forum guidelines, and now geting even more mad thinking your other posts get deleted.

Quit the game and save yourself the stress.
    You sir, have the most valid point I've seen on the forums in a looong time.

Quote Originally Posted by Favlos View Post
    IIRC it comes back after the suspension.
    No it doesn't.

---------- Post added 2012-12-09 at 09:14 PM ----------

Honestly, it really doesn't matter to them how many people they ban or for what reason. There are plenty of new bodies coming into the forums every hour of every day. New bodies are just as good as old bodies.

If you are the slightest bit argumentative, or have the slightest tendency to drunkpost, you'll be permabanned from the Battle.net forums sooner or later. But, the Battle.net forums aren't a particularly healthy place to be anyway. And no one will miss you when you're gone, and you'll get over it right away.

think blizzard ever tires of belly-aching???

This is one of times I am not sarcastic with complainers, as those moderators that entered the team during Cataclysm have a LONG history of abusing power.
    I can honestly agree with you. The newer mods on the Battle.net forums have become too ban happy, and the forums themselves have had too much automation implemented in the ban process. Also, good luck on getting any ban on their forums overturned (even if it unjustly applied).

Here's the email I received from blizzard.
    Origination:Forums / Comments
    Ban Type:Obscene Language
    Expires:Permanent
    Ban Reason:Permanently banned from the World of Warcraft forums for
    using inappropriate language on the forums.

By: XXXXXXXXXXX, XXXXXXXXXX, XXXXXXXXXXX, Emerald Dream
    Forum > Technical Support
    Thread Title:
    GAME LAG THEN CRASH BLUE POST NOW
    Reply #4
    Timestamp:
    Jun 11, 2012 4:38:34 PM
    There was no reason for you to become an a*****e over my post. I was attempting to help you solve the issue, and speed up the process of getting a blue poster the information that they would ask for if they reply. Seeing as how you can't appreciate someone trying to help you out, I'll stop posting here.
    I am currently banned still on the forums after their reporting system banned me because of one person going through and reporting over 200 posts that I had made (most of them in the Technical Support forum, providing help to some of the players who were having issues, and the ones that were in the Realm forums). All because of me posting in their thread, attempting to provide help, then because I didn't have blue color for a post, going off on me.

I replied back with, "There was no reason for you to become an a*****e over my post. I was attempting to help you solve the issue, and speed up the process of getting a blue poster the information that they would ask for if they reply. Seeing as how you can't appreciate someone trying to help you out, I'll stop posting here".

After that post, the original poster said, "ill be surprised if you ever post again on here. scrubs and wannabe like you need to stop helping. i want a fucking blue to answer me not a fucker who dont know shit".

I went to update a post on the realm forums the next day, dealing with my guild's recruitment needs, and saw that it had been flagged as reported (the bio hazard symbol). Checking a few posts in the Technical Support forums where I was helping out some other players who were having PC issues, all of them flagged as reported. Even my reply back to the guy was flagged as being reported. Not even an hour later, while submitting a post, i get notified that my forum accout was permabanned for obscene language (only post that I had made that had anything obscene in it was the one stating that the poster didn't have to be an asshole).

I sent 16 emails to wowreportedpost@blizzard.com (which is the one that the email stating I had been banned said to reply to as far as appealing went), over a six month period with NO single answer back. I sent out a post to BlizzardCS on facebook, explaining the ban, and got told, "Customer service can't do anything regarding the forums. All we can do is contact a moderator of the forums and have them contact you back". Ok, whatever, already waited for six damn months at this point. Finally hear back from a moderator last week, who states the following:
    wowreportedpost@blizzard.com <wowreportedpost@blizzard.com>
    We've reviewed the account's forum record we have determined the account did make a post with inappropriate language on the forums by this World of Warcraft forum account. The forum account's prior suspension history in addition to that Code of Conduct violation resulted in a permanent suspension. Forum privileges will not be restored at this time.

Blizzard Entertainment reserves the right to suspend access to these forums at any time for reasons that include, but are not necessarily limited to, failure to abide by the Community Code of Conduct.

We regret to implement such severe action, but at times it is necessary to maintain a positive forum environment.

- The World of Warcraft Community Team

Community Code of Conduct
    http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct
    Prior suspension history...never had any actions taken on my forum account since the original forums opened up, and only had posted about 200 times since the newer battle.net forums. Contacted customer service back, again told them the situation, and explained to them that I have not had any prior suspensions or any actions taken on my forum account. Got this email last night:
    wowreportedpost@blizzard.com <wowreportedpost@blizzard.com>
    We've reviewed the suspension history and we have determined the account has been acted on appropriately. The forum account's prior suspension history (please take note at the record below) in addition to that Code of Conduct violation resulted in a permanent suspension. Forum privileges will not be restored at this time.

Prior Suspension History
    06/11/12 - Permenant Suspension (Obscene Language: There was no reason for you to become an a*****e over my post. I was attempting to help you solve the issue, and speed up the process of getting a blue poster the information that they would ask for if they reply. Seeing as how you can't appreciate someone trying to help you out, I'll stop posting here.)

Blizzard Entertainment reserves the right to suspend access to these forums at any time for reasons that include, but are not necessarily limited to, failure to abide by the Community Code of Conduct.

We regret to implement such severe action, but at times it is necessary to maintain a positive forum environment.

- The World of Warcraft Community Team

Community Code of Conduct
    http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly that they clear your history makes sense. It saves room on the servers and its an incredibly easy way to prune posts.

While it might not be nice if you get yourself banned for a really short time.. anything above 3 days you probably managed to take it to far. And in that way i am quite happy with the "cataclysm moderators". More forums like steam/SW:TOR etc could do with the same level of strictness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you care about past posts on a forum where it's a privilege to post in the first place, other than to look back on some trolling gems you're frond of?, but seriously it's probably to give you a clean slate for when the ban lifts as it seems it might be one way to stop others looking through your history to provoke a response to trip you up.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

When Blizzard said they were going to use real names on their forums I posted about my disagreement with it...no profanity, nothing vulgar, just a post. They banned me for it.

I canceled my account and to this day they send me resubscribe offers that actually mention their "real names" idea. It's like "We know you quit over our plan to use real names but we aren't doing that now so please come back!"...but they deleted my forum post and banned me about it.

Besides, that Lylirra or something like that had "secret troll accounts" that she used to provoke people she didn't like into "violations" for banning purposes. And no, since the Blizzard staff got her, they swept all under the rug.
    You dropped your tin foil hat, sir.