Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Silenced by Blizz?

So, I got banned for a week form the Blizzard forums. I deserved it, all I'll say on that. But, what I don't get is about every post I had since 8/28/12 has disappeared. Now for the most part, not all of it was in violation of forum guidelines, but it was asking about/reporting/voicing grievance over things that were causing me issue in MoP.

Anyone else get anything deleted that was anti-mop or if they got banned for anything?

Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    So, I got banned for a week form the Blizzard forums. I deserved it, all I'll say on that. But, what I don't get is about every post I had since 8/28/12 has disappeared. Now for the most part, not all of it was in violation of forum guidelines, but it was asking about/reporting/voicing grievance over things that were causing me issue in MoP.

Anyone else get anything deleted that was anti-mop or if they got banned for anything?
    Everything you say might be erased when you're banned. No idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

So, get banned for a week, everything gets erased, regardless if it had anything to do with the ban? GG Blizz, Idgaf if I get unbanned in that case.

IIRC it comes back after the suspension.

If so, that I can actually accept as part of it. My concern is that it's "Oh, all this guy did was not like MoP, just get rid of all the posts."

This is one of times I am not sarcastic with complainers, as those moderators that entered the team during Cataclysm have a LONG history of abusing power.

If so, that I can actually accept as part of it. My concern is that it's "Oh, all this guy did was not like MoP, just get rid of all the posts."
    I'd just unsub and put the reason is that they deleted all of your posts on the forums.

I'll wait and see if they come back first, If not, might as well. It'll only get worse and stress me out more dealing with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    This is one of times I am not sarcastic with complainers, as those moderators that entered the team during Cataclysm have a LONG history of abusing power.

Right.....care to show evidence?

EDIT: I can't say if all posts are removed. If that's true then it's likely just a function on how the forums work.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Way back when, when I was a very mild troll, I got a ban. All my posts were gone, and like you, most were not "bad" posts. I even had the sticky on the realm forum with the realms progression. Basically, when they ban you, you no longer exist on the forums.
    Einstien trolled Newton so hard with general relativity

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are not enjoying the game, you migth as well quit.

Sound like you are not happy with the game, then complaining and ignoring the forum guideline, got even more mad for getting banned for not following forum guidelines, and now geting even more mad thinking your other posts get deleted.

Quit the game and save yourself the stress.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Right.....care to show evidence?

EDIT: I can't say if all posts are removed. If that's true then it's likely just a function on how the forums work.
    I can't, they erased all of it.

Well, I have an apology mail from Blizzard explaining that my 48 hours ban was made PERMANENT "by mistake".

Besides, that Lylirra or something like that had "secret troll accounts" that she used to provoke people she didn't like into "violations" for banning purposes. And no, since the Blizzard staff got her, they swept all under the rug.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am on the Blue's side there, many times I would love to tell people "just STFU already either live with it like everyone else or GTFO out of the game!!!!" but didn't want to risk a ban myself, so kudo the to the Blue that "abuse their power", I would however, prefer them to tell the whiners to stop QQing, STFU and GTFO more though.

Besides, that Lylirra or something like that had "secret troll accounts" that she used to provoke people she didn't like into "violations" for banning purposes. And no, since the Blizzard staff got her, they swept all under the rug.
    Did that really happen? I'm inclined to believe it, but how did you find that out for sure?

I have no idea about Lylirra, but I will state that the thing about "Cataclysm" moderators was - when they updated the WoW forums to battle.net - they unbanned all previous bans, who then flooded the forums. Thus, moderators were less than lenient for a long time after that, in case you weren't familiar with that already.

The only case I really remember of moderators trolling on alt accounts was way back in classic like this video series sort of lampooned/investigated
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuiPK_F4CTw
    I honestly barely read the forums back then, though, so I have outgrown caring to remember all the details in this vid. It's just kinda interesting, maybe.

On topic: You should be able to see your posts once your ban lifts. If it's permanent, they're gone for good. I don't think they particularly care to distinguish the "trolling" from the possibly constructive. One of their longest/most active US MVPs Palehoof was banned for good, wasn't he? Even as an MVP, when his "wife" or something posted something scandalous about his life on his account to get back at him it all went. Waste of time to cherry-pick anyway, in my honest opinion, but I see you feel the opposite (not that the personal opinion part is worth gettin in a puff about)
    Last edited by Confirm Deny; 2012-12-10 at 01:40 AM.
    It wasn't long ago / I was just like you / And now I think I'm sick and I wanna go home!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginal View Post
    what if SEARING WOLVES? The possibilities?!!?

I'm inclined to believe it, but how did you find that out for sure?
    He didn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I recall that if you get a ban for longer than X amount of time, your posting history is automatically cleared. It's not like some moderator with a vendetta or anything.

(I have absolutely no source for this, it is just a vague recollection, so I could be wrong)

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

It was probably just a mechanical and easy to implement feature that saves a community manager from checking your post history. Think of it this way.. probably a bunch of players reported you.. a GM comes in and reads the post and says ´yeah, he needs a vacation´.. so then they have two choices.. do they check all your other posts manually since most ´bad´ players probably string a long line of bad posts.. or do they just remove all your posts mechancially without having to pay someone to go through them one by one. I think the distinction here is that ´you´the player got banned, your forum post did not get banned.

TLDR - their past history has taught them that most people who post somethign so bad to get banned, probably have a lot of other forum posts that are bad. Better to have it auto-delete eveyrthing than have a person have to go through 1 by 1.

Hm. Going over these replies, I could see why they might have done so. Thinking back on it, my most recent thread I started was deleted as soon as I realized I was banned. All in all, I can't remember anything important being around, but if an issue comes up I want to post/ask about, I don't wanna get in more trouble cause it was something that got deleted, even if it wasn't against ToS.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure why anyone would bother. If a CM doesn't like someone then they have a reason to not like them. Often that is enough reason to get a ban. Blizzard is not a democracy and if CMs don't like players then they can easily have them removed.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    He didn't.
    It's a she.