Deleted

gonna level a dk

Hi, gonna start a death knight and i want to know if blood is still the specc to go while leveling or has it changed? and what talents to go with while leveling.

Best regards
    Zeriooxz

10+ Year Old Account
    Any spec is fine as you get a good portion of the abilities at the spec selection. I prefer frost

Frost or blood are both fine. Frost is good for having great aoe and amazing burst. Blood is unkillable and can tank 10+ mobs your level so is very good if you can pull a lot of mobs.

If you are spec'd frost make sure to have "Glyph of Dark Succor" - it helps immensely with leveling.

Talent wise:

Unholy Blight/RB
    LB/Purgatory
    DA
    Death pact
    RE

Deleted
    Frost will give you the most damage output. Some people refer to Frost as a glass tank, this doesn't apply much whilst leveling.

Blood are still very hard to kill and you'll have decent damage output, but not as much as frost.

My suggestion would be to try Frost for the questing but keep a Blood specc on hand as tanks are not only very good for killing elite mobs, you'll also get very fast queue times for dungeons!

For talents I'd suggest-

Rolling Blood
    Lichborne
    Death's Advance
    Death Pact
    Runic Empowerment

And when you hit 90, I've found Gorefiend's grasp to be very useful in both PVP and PVE scenario's, the other 2 don't have that much to offer for PVE.

Glhf!

I've level 2 DKs and done it both time as unholy, probably not the best spec but it's good for me. Still able to pull lots of mobs and not die if played right.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just finished leveling mine to 90 as Blood yesterday. You really are unkillable, especially with the amount of mastery that's on quest gear. Any spec works for sure, but I enjoyed blood. Pull forty mobs, death strike a lot, ???, profit. As has been said, definitely take roiling blood. That's gotta be one of my favorite talents in the entire game.
    Aelmagus
    <Delusions of Grandeur>
    [H] Runetotem - US

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Oh, PVP twinks. I thought this was about Anduin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I am so triggered right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachez View Post
    I just finished leveling mine to 90 as Blood yesterday. You really are unkillable, especially with the amount of mastery that's on quest gear. Any spec works for sure, but I enjoyed blood. Pull forty mobs, death strike a lot, ???, profit. As has been said, definitely take roiling blood. That's gotta be one of my favorite talents in the entire game.
    Agreed on the rolling blood front. It cuts out half the worry when you're pulling plenty of mobs, plus you got the extra rune and GCD to spend as you like!

I leveled mine as Unholy but changed to Frost at Jade Forest and was glad I did. Blood is awesome if you want to down alot of adds, it is incredibly awesome to solo lots of stuff.

The main reason I changed to Frost from Unholy is I dislike playing classes with a pet out. Especially melee like UH DK when it keeps getting in the road when you want to loot and it gets in the way.