Steam Games not running with Dual Monitors.

So I recently got an extra monitor so Im running one monitor for Skype/facebook and such.. and the other one for my games..

However.. when I launch my games on steam.. they wont open up.

It says "preparing to launch" then nothing.. the box disappear and nothing. Not even an error message.

Anyone have any ideas..?

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 06:48 AM ----------

q_q no one is knowledgeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    So I recently got an extra monitor so Im running one monitor for Skype/facebook and such.. and the other one for my games..

However.. when I launch my games on steam.. they wont open up.

It says "preparing to launch" then nothing.. the box disappear and nothing. Not even an error message.

Anyone have any ideas..?

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 06:48 AM ----------

q_q no one is knowledgeable.
    You should check the steam forums. Also dont double post becuase someone didnt respond in 40 minutes.

Is there anything that leads you to believe Steam not launching is caused by your dual-monitor setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    You should check the steam forums. Also dont double post becuase someone didnt respond in 40 minutes.
    Double post? I didnt double post at all? I quoted on my own post which doesn't bump the thread at all.

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 07:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleid View Post
    Is there anything that leads you to believe Steam not launching is caused by your dual-monitor setup?
    Well I searched up "Steam wont launch game due to dual-Monitors" and theres quite a few people who have the issue.. but their issue was fixed by making both screens 60 hertz.. which mine already are.. besides that the only game that I can play is WoW.

*Edit: I can play Counterstrike Source.. aswell.. it seems that Dota 2 is the only one that refuses to run now.

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 08:26 AM ----------

Alright so I've tried everything in order to be able to run Dota 2 again and it just refuses to launch.
    I've disabled my other monitor..
    I've tried different launch methods..
    I messed with the .exe file..

Honestly last thing left to do is reinstall q_q really dont want to an then have it just not work anyway..
    Last edited by Chat; 2012-12-13 at 07:13 AM.

Deleted
    I had this with one game (I think it was orcs must die 1), but for all the others it's fine. Haven't tried DotA yet though, could try tomorrow and let you know if you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive been using Steam since CS:CZ and have had dual screens even longer. I have never had this issue and I think it has to do with DoTA2 and not steam. Are there any options for dual screen support in the game? You could try and make sure Steam is in the main window then try to launch the game. Maybe its confused on what monitor to launch on or something. Either way, Steam isn't your issue its got to be something else.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Are there any options for dual screen support in the game?
    Yes there are. I run it in windowed maximized with dual monitors and haven't had any problems with it.

Like Zeta said, go check the game specific Steam forums and see if there are any threads on the topic. Failing that, contact Steam support and see what they say.