Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    Dota 2 IS free to play, technically and in every other sense. Dota 2 is technically not released yet, even though literally everyone has beta keys these days.
    I was under the impression Dota 2 is going to be buy to play - certainly, the steam store page lists it at £22.99 (although we all know, like I said, that there are a billion gift-beta keys out there so I doubt anyone is pre-buying it yet). If you have to buy the game to begin with, it's not free to play, it's buy to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're selling "Early Access", not the game. I don't have a specific source, but I've seen it being mentioned that Dota 2 is going to be f2p when it's released on multiple occasions.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    Tanks is completely free, paying $ just makes going down the tank trees faster, you can technically access everything without paying real money. It has a bit of a learning curve but its a lot of fun.
    Not quite, there are tanks that are completely out of reach for the player that doesn't want to pay and you'll be stuck in the middle tiers for quite a while if you don't cough up some money to convert research points, there is also the previously gold only ammo which can only recently be purchased with silver and the price of that for a non paying player is quite steep.
    What i find most irritating about it is that after the first 2 tiers of tanks you are then pitted against tanks several tiers above you making it even more painfully slow to level.

As many have pointed out so far Planetside 2 though you can buy the weapons the only way you can improve them is to play and get cert points so it is reasonably balanced...i've also noticed that some weapons are far cheaper to buy with cert points.

There is RaiderZ which isn't to bad and not much in the way of pay to win that i could see...their problem was getting people for some of the dungeons about level 18 ish which are required to advance the story quests.

The other one i would recommend though you'll need to wait till the 23rd of January is Path of Exile an isometric ARPG with some FFVII and FFX mixed in.
    Last edited by Lagwin; 2012-12-10 at 03:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I was under the impression Dota 2 is going to be buy to play - certainly, the steam store page lists it at £22.99 (although we all know, like I said, that there are a billion gift-beta keys out there so I doubt anyone is pre-buying it yet). If you have to buy the game to begin with, it's not free to play, it's buy to play.
    LoL was buy to play at some point as it had a retail copy or something and yeah even though some friend gave me his copy of dota 2 i recently got 5 extra copies or w.e which i dont know what to do with i was thinking to trade them for some game but apparently they arent worth anything
    Last edited by Achaman; 2012-12-10 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    LoL was buy to play at some point as it had a retail copy or something and yeah even though some friend gave me his copy of dota 2 i recently got 5 extra copies or w.e which i dont know what to do with i was thinking to trade them all for some random game but apparently they arent worth ANYTHING
    It was selling a bunch of Riot Points/goodies.

http://www.amazon.com/League-Legends-Pc/dp/B002HOIPCW

I don't think it ever required a purchase, they just had a retail box available similar to how you can buy cash shop currency cards/subscription cards (in boxes!) at stores.

Or I could be totally wrong, it's been a while and my memory sucks.