Poll: Could BMAH be a precursor to actual money auction house?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    look unless everyone is from china theres no way blizzard would ever make a profit from removing the subscription
    once they decide to introduce a rmah they surely change the way of how objects bind to your character/account, think about it guilds that for 9 months farm the same istance and drop useless loots will probably sell it and rare mounts into the rmah.

I reckon it will turn into RMAH, however not in the D3 way. It wont be player to player, but rather, as BMAH, Blizzard to player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    The RMAH alone might just not cover the loss of 15 dollars per westerner sub (pretty suer it doesn't as they tale 1% of the cut? So every western player would have to spend 1500 a month for this to work) and it means they must look into other "premium" services. Which leaves us to wonder how well the f2p model in Aion and SWtOR works.. And even them we must consider if it works for those games because they bled subs in an unexpected way.
    If they make it like in D3 Blizzard will take 1€ + 15%.

Chances are that RMAH will be a part of WoW in future.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the massive uproar they had over the RMAH in D3, I doubt it'll ever see the light of day in another game again. Maybe Titan. Who knows.

Well, scratch that. As long as WoW has a subscription fee, there will be no RMAH. IF WoW goes F2P, then we will see something similar to RMAH. But from blizz to player.

Alot of people quit D3 over RMAH.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Blizzard is back up to 10 million subs.

Don't you look silly.
    We don't know the real numbers since Blizzard is afraid of disclosing them. I am inclined to think the actual number is bellow 9 million. With all the promotions and Value added offers.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    With the massive uproar they had over the RMAH in D3, I doubt it'll ever see the light of day in another game again. Maybe Titan. Who knows.

Well, scratch that. As long as WoW has a subscription fee, there will be no RMAH. IF WoW goes F2P, then we will see something similar to RMAH. But from blizz to player.

Alot of people quit D3 over RMAH.
    From what I've observed, it wasn't just the RMAH - but a whole TON of other elements. Elements ranging from old D2 fans absolutely loathing the itemization/drop rates to fans having massive nerfs/buffs/adjustments stats change after they bought their new fancy gear they scoped out (ties into RMAH), to the new generation of gamers trying Diablo for the first time and then say "What do you mean I'm supposed to repeat the same game over and over again on harder difficulties? Didn't that kind of game die out with the Super Nintendo? Why would they seriously expect that from today's gamer audience? Seriously... where's the REAL endgame content?"

---------- Post added 2012-12-10 at 09:20 AM ----------

Don't you look silly.
    Back up to 10 mill...during the last week of September.... 3 months ago.

No offense, but right now you're kinda the one who looks silly trying to state that out-of-date information from months ago has not possibly changed/shifted at all during that time.

Deleted

Don't you look silly.
    How many left the game since the last count??

When mop happened I saw server queues, zone full of player etc... 2 Month later, no queue anymore. Server is back to its fireland state where It's hard to find enough people for baradin hold (now sha), 2 days after the reset...

Make me think that players who came back for mop already left less than 3 Month after the launch, and that the "10m" number is not valid anymore...

I think it will be.
    It could be that they will use the battle-net currency, but that is real money also.
    Somehow we'll be paying with real money, that is my believe.

---------- Post added 2012-12-10 at 10:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    How many left the game since the last count??

When mop happened I saw server queues, zone full of player etc... 2 Month later, no queue anymore. Server is back to its fireland state where It's hard to find enough people for baradin hold (now sha), 2 days after the reset...

Make me think that players who came back for mop already left less than 3 Month after the launch, and that the "10m" number is not valid anymore...
    Yeah, it got emptier... even doing dailies I don't encounter much players now.... yesterday I was sharing a daily hub with 2 other players... where it used to be 20 or 30 or even more.
    I think players are doing other things or they left the game or so.

Deleted
    Precursor?

Theres already real money auction house.Its called TGC mount/pets that got BoE and now floods the AH.

At any moment theres no less than 10 TGC mounts (150k the cheapest - 500K the spectral tiger) on my server.

You buy the codes on ebay and you put it on the ah.I fail to see how is this any kind of different of a real money AH because i dont think anyone would be so naive to believe they are all TGC collectors and as long as I know buying a phisycal item (the tgc card) and redeem yourself is perfectly TOS legit(am i wrong?).

Of course it is, and people who know it have known it since the idea of BMAH was first proposed to the public. Those who think otherwise are kidding themselves, and the funniest part is, when it does get implemented, everyone will forget they ever thought it'd never happen in the first place.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Not likely. Since there aren't many significant gold sinks in WoW any more, especially considering the ease of earning coin now, they needed to add something that can suck gold out of the economy, and scale with expansion.
    RETH

If you raised the price of something with a 1.000 $, people would get mad and probably not buy it anymore.
    But, if you raised it in, lets say, 20 steps to a total increase of 1.000 $ people would accept it.

it is like throwing a frog in boiling water; it wil try to escape as quick as possible.
    But if you put him in normal temp. water and start boiling the water, the frog will stay there till death.

Just a matter of conditioning people, nothing more nothing less.

I read somewhere people wanting some more use of their battle.net currency.. well it would be brilliant to use it for bmah.
    I see it coming.......

Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    I wish people would stfu about the BMAH. Yes you CAN buy gold to use on the BMAH but thats not the way blizzard intends it, i could also pay a hardcore raider to play my character if i wanted to but i dont.
    It takes a long time to get the gold to buy things like Ashes of Alar or invincible and a lot of dedication, sure theres some people that say its easy, but you get those people with all aspects of the game "anyone could get 16/16 hc it just means you have no life" etc. Also the reason you see ashes so much is because its been soloable since cata, not because 1 or 2 on your server appeared on the BMAH.
    If theres ever a precursor to a RMAH it wasnt the BMAH it was the blizzard store.
    So buying something with gold is same as having to kill a difficult boss to get it? Current wow playerbase is indeed very self-entitled and seems to be hell bent on defending blizz even though no one said anything bad.

---------- Post added 2012-12-10 at 11:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Not likely. Since there aren't many significant gold sinks in WoW any more, especially considering the ease of earning coin now, they needed to add something that can suck gold out of the economy, and scale with expansion.
    I do not think think that blizz care for gold sinks lol. Do you know what economies on low pop server look like? If blizz cared about server economies, they'd have done something about lol pop servers.
    As a company blizz want to make money (which is only fair) and I would bet that blizz will see the revenue opportunity in this. Not to mention there's always people like this poster to defend anything blizz does.