Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    Why would I waste my time playing like Im supposed to while 18++ people can't do the same? I rather keep my sanity.
    There you just answered your own question.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    I'm trying to decipher this post. Was this directed at me, or Mudor? I'm not an admin of Elitist Jerks, though I am a fan of the website. I don't think I've ever actually posed as one. I don't think Mudor has either. Also, I don't think either he or myself have done anything to warrant being an "xxx." Whatever that is.
    it was against mudor.
    and the reason i think he is a xxx. is because he act like he is a elitest jerks. and saying 10m doesn't count in my eye so i'm rank 4 instead of rank 9. so right.

mr court in my eyes i didn't rob that old man. and in my eyes iz the truth......

and he made this topic to just rage vent on some random people. with no use at all.

and my list can go on. but he is not my energy.

/edit and since he got banned i rest my case.

Deleted
    Who are you to decide how people play the game? I am very casual now and only log on once or twice a week. I wont say i am very good anymore, but i semi know what i am doing. If people do not want to spend time going on forums and what not to figure out exactly how to max their role then they dont have to. Guess what, they are probably not doing HC raids, normal raids or challenge modes and i bet you they are fine with that (the majority i hope anyway), you can have that to min/max everything. They play to have FUN. You know, the thing most games are supposed to be?

10+ Year Old Account
    Who are you to decide how people play the game? I am very casual now and only log on once or twice a week. I wont say i am very good anymore, but i semi know what i am doing. If people do not want to spend time going on forums and what not to figure out exactly how to max their role then they dont have to. Guess what, they are probably not doing HC raids, normal raids or challenge modes and i bet you they are fine with that (the majority i hope anyway), you can have that to min/max everything. They play to have FUN. You know, the thing most games are supposed to be?
    While I agree with you, I must point out: He's probably talking about the real fails. No one will flame you b/c you do 50K instead of the max possible 60K dps. But what's annoying as hell is if people are too stupid or unwilling to even grasp the basic mechanics (e.g. elegons floor vanishing) and wiping the raid.

Personally I've only seen this in the first few weeks, which is quite normal. Now peeps are used to the encounters and everything goes wipe free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you which ever mod banned him.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Thank you which ever mod banned him.
    I guess it was Zaelsino. Look at post 69:
    <snippety snip>
    Last edited by Zaelsino; Today at 01:00 PM.

Deleted
    Well I think anyone has a different conception of fun and play WoW for very particular reasons but ...what do you prefer in LFD:

A) 30k dps.Politeness,. Run time: 26:17
    B) 80k dps.Constant bitching and moaning.Bragging. Run time : 21:02

But...no,its really a question.Some will say :"Well,I hate negative self-entitled people...5 min less does not pay having to bear a******s" while others might say "The guy can talk s***t if he wants,not that I put any attention in it...but i got limited play time and i like things fast".

Now to answer myself.Option A....all the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't teach them.

All you can do, is be a dick. and hope that, eventually, "people will stop being mean to me if i stop being bad" sinks in.

That is how most of us who are good, got good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    You can't teach them.

All you can do, is be a dick. and hope that, eventually, "people will stop being mean to me if i stop being bad" sinks in.

Really? REALLY?

I got good by people giving friendly advice. If people are dicks to me, the most I think is "Well, that player's a jackass"

10+ Year Old Account
    B, because I love flamewars in Battlegrounds and LFRs. I'm always there never taking sides but subtly kindling the fires. Yeah I'm sadist, I know.

Deleted
    You can't teach them.

That sounds like a terrible way of doing it. Most people will respond to "dicks" by being "dicks", and most of the time nothing good ever comes out of it. You want people to improve? Be nice and kind to them, it doesn't always work but it has a far better success rate than being a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    Point is, if I don't wanna pug to cap my valor. Should not the normal/heroic raids give us 300 valor points? That would be sweet.
    You can cap valor with out doing LFR, LFD, or any normal/heroic raiding. You still have dailies and scenarios. Maybe the way you give out your advice is not effective. Usually when people are calling others stupid, retarded, bads, fucking morons, and doing it in all caps, it usually doesn't go ever well. A simple, stand at the top of the steps on his special move then pop back down before he comes back seems to go a lot farther each fight instead of wiping first. A lot of people are afraid to say they do not know the fight since so many are eager to boot they would rather hope to fake it through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lamp. Near the town of chair, in the country Coffee Table.
    You can't teach them.

Um no, most of the good players become good through practice and helpful advice. If you became good through people yelling and abusing you, then you're doing it wrong.

You can't teach them.

I feel sorry that you feel this way. Honestly.

I remember back in TBC, when I was playing a Hunter and thought I should stack strength alongside agility for mega DPS, it wasn't someone telling me 'you shitbag, stop sucking so much and learn how to fucking play' that got me to improve. It was the guild leader's wife, who took me aside in whispers and explained what I should actually do in a calm, reasoned manner. By treating me with respect and decency, whilst taking the time to teach me how to properly play, they got a loyal guildie who went on to be an officer, raid leader, and good friend.

I owe a lot to her for the time she took to teach me how to play the game. If she instead had insulted me and scared me off? I would probably have left WoW, and missed out on the many opportunities to make brilliant memories over the years I've played this game.