Deleted

Is something wrong with pala or just our player

Hi Paladins,
    first off all: Im a mage. So i dont know anything about Paladins.
    Short story: We are wiping on Garalon in 10m normal. 5 Trys with 5-8% at least. We do it with 2 Tanks 3 Heal 5 DDs. 2 Heal and 2 Tanks kite.
    We thought about only 2 healers but doesnt get the right secondspecs last evening. But beside that, let me say it from this side: He is not really good. In other words: Bad.
    I know that healing is not like dmg and there are maybe different sights but i dont think that the results vary so much between the 2 others and him.
    Can someone pls check the log and explain me that our paladin is right and the class/spec is so bad at the moment or is he really bad. (maybe a special mistake in rota/skills etc.)
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...C3%A1/advanced
    Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/g...m/healingDone/
    I hope someone can help us.

Deleted
    I play myself a MW and because of that I tell you, not only your Pala heals not that much. The monk heals "wrong" on that encounter. I will try to get your monk some tipps, instead of your pala if you dont mind.

Garalon Log with 69k hps
    Armory

He should put his statue in the middle of the room, keeping up Eminence and Tiger Power all the time. Renewing Mist (ReM) on CD and Thunderfocustea (TfT) aswell, or delay it a few seconds if you will swap pheromonkiter in a few seconds. For further Chi he should use Jab oder Expel Harm (EH). Dont spam Jab, he will go oom, but as more stacks of pheromone you got, the more jab he can use for uplift. Then befor a swap, he should use TfT if off CD, pool up to 5 Chi (depends on Specc) and after the knockdown uplift 2x -> EH -> uplift.

Maybe your pala should keep an eye on the kiter and the two tanks and your priest and monk keep up the raid.

Further, for any Healer, kiting is super bad as you can imagin. Especialy a Monk should never kite, way too much heal goes lost due the fact, that he is not in meleerange.
    In our Raid we kite with our resto, and 3 DPS. To match the DPS requirements you should never ever destroy all leggs. Keep two down, and two up, so you can cleave. Perfect would be, if you have 2 leggs, 3th comes up and another legg dies at the same time. That gives you maximal dmg output.

Deleted
    Unless your ranged / heals stack up in centre then it's relatively difficult for a hpally to compete on heals due to short range of holy radiance. He should be spot healing people up rather then trying to aoe heal. However pallies generally are quite nice on this fight due to hop / clemency, devo aura for high purrs stacks etc.

This is assuming he wasn't using 4pc PvP set and ef blanketing ofc. Havent looked as his gear/logs as I'm at work.
    Last edited by mmocf6305105ff; 2012-12-10 at 12:00 PM.

1) He's in his prot spec and gear right now, so I can't see anything with that, but from his logs:
    2) His mastery healing is way low.
    3) He's not using Divine Light, only Holy Light.

I don't really think Light's Hammer is better than Holy Prism, but I guess that's up for debate. Certain if he were using Light's Hammer he should save it for crushes, otherwise, he should use Prism.

I'm assuming your paladin's on raid heals, since his main healing is from Eternal Flame. Is he being too conservative with mana? If he's Eternal Flame specced he sure isn't using a lot of holy power generation for the amount of HP he's using. Perhaps he could be more aggressive and use more spirit, just a thought. He can also CS for HP.

* I'm assuming your ranged/heals are stacking in the center for AoE healing so he should be using more radiance. If they are far apart, he's probably best off tank healing.

Your paladin is doing an extremely bad job. He'd probably do more HPS if he went ret with seal of insight active. I really don't understand how he's able to make holy shock be 24% of his healing done... does he spend 2/3rds of the fight just standing around doing nothing? I also see zero daybreak, which is amazing for someone spamming holy shock and heaing with eternal flame. If he doesn't have the mana to cast holy radiance now and then then he needs to gear better (it's impossible to say how his gear looks like, since he's in prot gear on the armory atm); he should not have mana issues unless he's doing something extremely wrong.

Here's out log for this week, demonstrating that it's quite easy to do upwards of 80k HPS as a very average-level paladin (Simulacrum is me):
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/dbjh1...?s=7146&e=7519

Paladins are extremely strong on Garalon, anyone who tells you otherwise is lying, and statements like "it's relatively difficult for a hpally to compete on heals due to short range of holy radiance" are gibberish. Radiance is about HPower generation and daybreak procs on these fights in 10m anyway, not about the healing done.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    Your paladin is doing an extremely bad job. He'd probably do more HPS if he went ret with seal of insight active. I really don't understand how he's able to make holy shock be 24% of his healing done... does he spend 2/3rds of the fight just standing around doing nothing? I also see zero daybreak, which is amazing for someone spamming holy shock and heaing with eternal flame. If he doesn't have the mana to cast holy radiance now and then then he needs to gear better (it's impossible to say how his gear looks like, since he's in prot gear on the armory atm); he should not have mana issues unless he's doing something extremely wrong.

Here's out log for this week, demonstrating that it's quite easy to do upwards of 80k HPS as a very average-level paladin (Simulacrum is me):
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/dbjh1...?s=7146&e=7519

Paladins are extremely strong on Garalon, anyone who tells you otherwise is lying, and statements like "it's relatively difficult for a hpally to compete on heals due to short range of holy radiance" are gibberish. Radiance is about HPower generation and daybreak procs on these fights in 10m anyway, not about the healing done.
    Not every HPally is using the 4pc pvp set to do ridiculous HPS.

I do agree that they are doing something wrong because you should easily be able to pull ~50k+ HPS on this fight without having any issues.

His cooldown usage is very minimal. Over all the Garalon pulls, I don't see a single Guardian of the Ancient Kings, and only 2-3 casts of Avenging Wrath and Divine Favor.
    Last edited by Cybnext; 2012-12-10 at 02:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomathan View Post
    Hi Paladins,
    first off all: Im a mage. So i dont know anything about Paladins.
    Short story: We are wiping on Garalon in 10m normal. 5 Trys with 5-8% at least. We do it with 2 Tanks 3 Heal 5 DDs. 2 Heal and 2 Tanks kite.
    We thought about only 2 healers but doesnt get the right secondspecs last evening. But beside that, let me say it from this side: He is not really good. In other words: Bad.
    I know that healing is not like dmg and there are maybe different sights but i dont think that the results vary so much between the 2 others and him.
    Can someone pls check the log and explain me that our paladin is right and the class/spec is so bad at the moment or is he really bad. (maybe a special mistake in rota/skills etc.)
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...C3%A1/advanced
    Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/g...m/healingDone/
    I hope someone can help us.

Well, in your log, tryN5 of garalon, 7:05 combat, only 1 Divine Plea, 0 Avenging wrath, 0 Divine favor, 0 guardian

So I assume he just sits on his mana and waits for the boss to die of natural causes.. :/

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Although I agree with the Paladin not doing ideal numbers, but I don't know why repeatedly wiping due to the enrage is a healer's fault. Your DPS numbers seem low, more specifically your tanks.

Tell whichever one of your tanks that has a better DPS set go DPS for this fight, and have your Paladin soak the cleaves with the other tank. I don't think hitting the enrage will be a problem after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyllastus View Post
    Although I agree with the Paladin not doing ideal numbers, but I don't know why repeatedly wiping due to the enrage is a healer's fault. Your DPS numbers seem low, more specifically your tanks.

Tell whichever one of your tanks that has a better DPS set go DPS for this fight, and have your Paladin soak the cleaves with the other tank. I don't think hitting the enrage will be a problem after that.
    I didn't even look at the paladin's numbers, they are really low (26k?!). At that rate if they followed your suggestion, the pally might as well go prot with battle insight, at least he'd have more survivability with the same HPS.

It's hard to tell without looking at gear; is your pally OOM'ing? It looks to me he needs more mastery, more spirit, and needs to use his mana (those regen CD's are there for a reason).

* also if he is just being sniped on AoE by the other healers, it could help to put him on the tanks/kiters. Not every ounce of HPS matters, but healing role sure does. If he's on tank/kiter, he needs more DL usage.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2012-12-10 at 04:24 PM.

Deleted
    Well, the raid needs to work with the paladin to stack up if he's gonna do any decent healing.
    The best roll for the paladin on garalon is raidhealing and spam enternal flame on the raid.

Paladin being the roll to heal the kiter is mostly wrong. If the paladin raid heals, he gains alot of extra abilites.
    1. extra holy power when using holy radiance.
    2. extra splash from holy shock.
    3. beacon being more effective.

If he singel targe the kiter. All these 3 extra stuff goes to waste.