Poll: Would cutting mana regen in 2's fix the problem?

Mana Regen & 2's

What do you think, would cutting the mana regen down to 50% in 2's would fix it current issues?

Blizzard has no interest in 2v2 balance, leave it alone people queue into 2's knowing they can have 40min games

10+ Year Old Account
    No, because holy paladins don't need mana to heal and it would make destruction useless...

Deleted
    Blizzard said people are already complaining about low mana reg in PvP and they're currently looking into this. The problem is that Healers are balanced around 3on3 and RBG and there you need a whole lot of more healing then you currently do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Blizzard said people are already complaining about low mana reg in PvP and they're currently looking into this. The problem is that Healers are balanced around 3on3 and RBG and there you need a whole lot of more healing then you currently do.
    Just to correct you, healers ain't balanced around RBG, RBGs are even less balanced than 2s.

Deleted
    Don't you dare touch my SPriests mana! It's shit as it is already, nerf moonkin mana if you need to strip someone off it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Extoz View Post
    Blizzard has no interest in 2v2 balance, leave it alone people queue into 2's knowing they can have 40min games
    Time limit was nerfed down to 25minutes. Good chance, easier to turtle a draw now

On topic: No it wouldn't fix anything. Blizzard gave up on 2v2 balance when s7 began.

I'd like for eating/drinking to be disabled in arenas at this point. Not just in 2v2, either. Considering how much CC there is ingame, it's not even a rare occurrence that you can sit and drink for a few seconds, and of course water is so strong right now that it only takes a couple seconds to get your entire mana pool back. Simply cutting mana regen would mean that either certain hybrids oom themselves and cease to be able to damage at some point (flat nerf breaks hybrids), or double hybrid teams will end up just outlasting healer/damage ones (healer-only nerf breaks healers). Nerfing food/water is a more elegant solution. Though it would certainly hurt double dps mage teams, I think it's the least objectionable way to reduce stalemate games.

I think the 25minutes is still to long. It should be like 10. In 2s its like this:

Option A: ZOMG WTF POP ALL CDS LOL, fight ends somehwere between 10 seconds and 2 minutes
    Option B: 2 healer/dps teams, most likely no1 dies on equal gear level...so you wait 25min, some1 dies cause losing focus, or someone just leaves

Reckon a disc priest would find this change amusing. Discs already oom in about 1-2 minutes through NORMAL healing (not burst). And that is not counting in use of mass dispel, Halo or the such. But yeah, I guess when people complain about ALL healers having too good survivability, healing, mana regen, burst etc. they forget about discs, because no serious discs play anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    We were created by the biblical God.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    There's as much evidence for Santa as for darwinian evolution.
    The irony

Quote Originally Posted by wiep View Post
    Don't you dare touch my SPriests mana! It's shit as it is already, nerf moonkin mana if you need to strip someone off it.
    Please tell me you're joking. We have the best mana regen in the game. Nerfing passive mana gain won't affect spreist at all. 80% of our regen is VT. Right now im at 21% haste and 28% mastery. VT does 6k at tick. 3/1.21=2.48 seconds per tick 1/2.48=0.40 ticks per second. .40*1.28=.52 ticks per second .52*6000=3120 mana per second. 3120*5=15,600 mana per 5 which is what mana on the spread sheet is listed as. The best healers in the game have 11,000 mana per 5. We have 15,600+passive mana+dispersion+shadowfiend+hymn of hope. O and don't forget 15,600 is only for one VT. Get 2 or 3 and you have 31,2000 mp5 or 46,800 mp5. If you're going oom it's becuase you have bad VT management.

mana regen is fine and balanced around 3v3.

they should give disc back mana burn though, its part of what let them compete against classes with better mana longevity.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post

they should give disc back mana burn though, its part of what let them compete against classes with better mana longevity.
    No issues with balancing arenas around 3v3. 2v2 has always been a mess, some seasons more than others.

imo, just bring their regen up to par. Mana Burn was a hard ability to balance, and frustrated a lot of people.

15+ Year Old Account

I hated mana burn as a druid, priest are better without it. You should not be balanced around one spell, it would end up gimping you in other areas.

So far in 2's I think I have had 3-4 ties in the arena, one of them was one of my guidies who could not kill me:}.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    If you gem/reforge spirit, use Mindbender on cooldown and overall pay attention to your mana management you shouldn't run oom.

Screw that noise.

Mana-regen isn't the main issue with 2s.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Just to correct you, healers ain't balanced around RBG, RBGs are even less balanced than 2s.
    Well, merely quoting Blizzard. For RBG the hardest thing is to get 10 people together who're somewhat able to play as a group and not completly retarded. I'd even argue that 5on5 shouldn't yield any kind of reward just like 2on2 does. It's just a big slug fest and a mostly dead bracket anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Rec View Post
    No issues with balancing arenas around 3v3. 2v2 has always been a mess, some seasons more than others.

imo, just bring their regen up to par. Mana Burn was a hard ability to balance, and frustrated a lot of people.
    my experience with priests is part of what made them so good was their offensive toolkit. mana burn was part of that kit, particularly as priests couldn't compete with say holy paladins in terms of mana longevity. mana burning in 2s could shorten a game drastically against some other healers. even with buffs to their mana regen, which they do need, i think mana burn was a pretty important tool that they lost.

i'm not entirely sure how it would be a problem to balance, it wasn't hugely overpowered before and most people knew how to counter it.

healer/dps 2s have always made me want to shoot puppies, my 40 minute game as hpal/uhdk vs resto sham/prot warr still haunts me to this day. i'm not sure why anyone would willingly do healer/dps 2s since the more quick games you can have as double dps the faster you can get your points, and honestly is there any reason to do 2s other then points?
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Deleted
    Kosechi, let's agree to disagree. Manaburn was cheap and a single good CC was often enough to burn through large parts of the opponents mana pool. The pressure that could and can still be applied by some abilities alone forcing the other side to play defensively is idiotic. Situations like that shouldn't arise, it's not like you're fighting an boss but just another player.