In need of a Kael'thas solo tactic

So i recently lvled my mage to 90 for pvping.

I've been doing solo runs on my monk since the start of MoP and Kael'thas is no problem since monks can pick up the legendary staff to stay out of cc's, and with my brewmaster spec there is no surviving issue.

The problem is that i don't see how a mage can do this survival wise. Glyph of evocation is one thing i presume and the shields help, but i'm wondering if this is enough

In other words: I need a tactic to be able to solo Kael'thas on a mage, don't think i need to explain why i want to kill him as much as possible ( couldn't find a good one on youtube and googling didn't help so i'm turning here )

I solo him on my mage by using RoP and Cauterize.
    Just iceblock when cauterize procs, keep barrier on cd and pop images when he shields himself.

If you are frost remember to dismiss your pet when Kael comes or you might get mc'd, resetting him

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually do this as fire, its fairly easy. For the adds I just zerg them down, very easy with the staff to stop stuns/disorientate etc. I usually load one with dots and get them close together, pop combustion and spread it, it usually hits most of them.

As for KT, I just plant my feet, pop timewarp and go to town on him, do not pop mirror images, as you will end up MC'd and he will reset, use MI on the adds at the start if you want to use them. I usually roll with Incanter's Ward for the extra absorb, even though its pants. If you get low just use evocate with the gylph, but he goes to phase two after 15-20 seconds so you probably wont need it. You really can just stand there and nuke the crap outta him, if it gets to the point of him casting pyro (aint seen this since we hit lvl 90, mainly due to the dps increase) and you cannot eat his shield to silence it, pop AT before it hits and you will pop back to full (ish)health and then CS it once the shield is down, but I really doubt he will get far enough on to cast it.

Deleted
    Just bring melee ads to the ends of the room in P1. You'll have plenty of time to nuke the mage and hunter. Use invocation for multiple heals if needed...

I'll make you a vid next Wednesday if you're still strugging, just pm me if you haven't managed by then.
    Last edited by mmoc472a5d728c; 2012-12-10 at 11:52 AM.

Deleted
    I went in to try him the other day, was surprisingly very easy. Didn't do anything special just stood there and nuked. I ran with invocation picked up the staff and used it, kept it on for simplicity. Went down very easy. Lots of breaks in-between nukes to get health back up.

You just need ice barrier and RoP with the Evocation glyph is more than enough. Any spec is fine. I've pulled the entire room of adds in Kael's room with no problems of dropping too much health.

You can brute force pretty much everything. I equip the staff just to be on the safe side so I can ignore remote toy and the disorients. When fighting kael, I time warp and burn him down to 50% with no trouble. I actually do pop mirrors, since that was my strat at 85, and just ice block when I get MC'd.

Ring of frost the weapons for easymode.

Spec into invocation if you're really having trouble.

Deleted
    I've killed him with every spec and it's really easy.

First you drag the warrior guy as far into one of the corners in the back of the room as possible.
    Do the same with the paladin but in the opposite corner.
    Kill the engineer and the mage (doesn't really matter where you kill 'em).

Now you get all four at the same time.
    Start by killing the mage and the engineer.
    Kill the paladin as the warrior shouldn't have reached you yet (he walks really slow).
    Kill the warrior.

Weapon phase.
    Use mirror image and cleave all the weapons down.
    pick up the staff and cast the buff.

Last phase.
    Just kill him !Important! Don't use mirror image during the last phase because he might end up casting MC on you if you do, had to learn that the hard way : /
    Pop BL if you like, shouldn't be a hard kill if you use invocation with the glyph and the frost shield.