Poll: Good idea?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    Powerleveling service for battlepets. No. Bad enough pet battles already exist Let's not cater to them even more.

Let's not cater to something, that by Blizzard's own words, more than half of the ENTIRE WoW population has tried? Yeah, that seems like a smart answer

We really don't need the game easier than it is. If you want to lvl your pets fast, get a stronk aquatic pet like the eternal strider with high attack/HP and a stronk mechanical (fluxfire feline or mechagnome from arch)

Go to vally of the four winds, find farmer nishi, send your noob pet in first, sustain 1 attack, switch to aquatic pet and wreck shit.

If the aquatic dies to the worm, send in mech pet and kill it.

Your noob pet gets 2k-4k exp.

I lvl 2-3 pets a day in 2-3 hours doing this while playing my PS3 while waiting for raids to start. Its really easy, and helps a lot if you're doing something else to make it less boring.

Thank me later.

Deleted
    Daycare? Nope. Other ways to improve leveling speed, just a little? Yes please.
    Here's something i would like to see in-game:

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    Daycare? Nope. Other ways to improve leveling speed, just a little? Yes please.
    Here's something i would like to see in-game:

Make it one charge, and 1% droprate from bags.

Great idea for wowkemon! I've got SO many pets and my max levels are around 10 (im always chopping and changing my team!) with this I could experiment while getting some others leveled on the side.

Deleted
    Also, slightly off-topic: Who decided on the term "Wowkemon" and not "Pokewow"?

I think you should put this on the WoW suggestion forums. It is a wonderful idea.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be ok with daycaring pets from 1-20 or maybe 5-20, but stopping there. I'd also rather see them gain 1/3rd of a level of xp per day (so it'd take 2 months to passively raise a pet from 1-20). Paying, say 10 silver per point of pet xp gained seems to be a fair price to me. There would need to be some way to withdraw the pets without paying, and consequently, not getting any xp.

I think this idea is just silly. I renewed my subscription about a week ago and found out about battle pets on my second day back. I work 50 hour weeks and rarely have any time for entertainment, but I've still leveled an entire team to 25 by simply winning wild battles between BG and Dungeon queues. Just earlier I leveled a pet from 1-20 in under an hour. It's ridiculous how little time it currently takes to get your pets up, and I'd hate to see time wasted on implementing a sub-feature for something that is supposed to already be a sub-feature of pet collecting. And to be honest, I think most people would. Wouldn't you rather have new pets introduced, or something similar to the "Elite Four" rather than some arbitrary babysitting gold-sink for people not willing to put the effort into leveling their own pets?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laste View Post
    I think this idea is just silly. I renewed my subscription about a week ago and found out about battle pets on my second day back. I work 50 hour weeks and rarely have any time for entertainment, but I've still leveled an entire team to 25 by simply winning wild battles between BG and Dungeon queues. Just earlier I leveled a pet from 1-20 in under an hour. It's ridiculous how little time it currently takes to get your pets up, and I'd hate to see time wasted on implementing a sub-feature for something that is supposed to already be a sub-feature of pet collecting. And to be honest, I think most people would. Wouldn't you rather have new pets introduced, or something similar to the "Elite Four" rather than some arbitrary babysitting gold-sink for people not willing to put the effort into leveling their own pets?
    While I understand your point, look at things from my point of view: By the latest count I have 451 pets, of which I would like to battle with at least 10% of them. This means another 44 pets to go and a lot of work to be done at that.

Now, I don't mind spending time on something I enjoy. But little things to improve the situation are always welcome. I suggested these "Mythical pet snacks" because it sounds like something Blizzard will introduce anyway. Just like the "Golden Lotus" faction allows for a little something-something by picking up Guo-Lai keys, these pet items could boost your experience by a little.

@OP, you might want to rework your gold sink design.
    I wouldnt have my pet in there for 10 days and pay 850g i would have it in 10 times for a day and pay 50g.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakzlol View Post
    We really don't need the game easier than it is. If you want to lvl your pets fast, get a stronk aquatic pet like the eternal strider with high attack/HP and a stronk mechanical (fluxfire feline or mechagnome from arch)

Go to vally of the four winds, find farmer nishi, send your noob pet in first, sustain 1 attack, switch to aquatic pet and wreck shit.

If the aquatic dies to the worm, send in mech pet and kill it.

Your noob pet gets 2k-4k exp.

I lvl 2-3 pets a day in 2-3 hours doing this while playing my PS3 while waiting for raids to start. Its really easy, and helps a lot if you're doing something else to make it less boring.

Thank me later.

They fixed that. Your quest cannot be abandoned and you cant challange trainer again once you beat him.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    aslong as you can breed your pets like in the original, sure, why not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now we need a Ditto-type pet. He's the Daycare stud.

Deleted
    some guildy's and i already came up with this idea, and we'd like them to be a pair of gnomes in the arathi highlands.

Deleted
    I like the idea, but not the suggested implementation. In pokemon, you need to play the game to have your daycare pokemon level. In other words, you need to walk. One step = one point of experience.

This would ofcourse be silly in wow, so i would suggest the following:
    Pets in the daycare get 10% of the experience you gain while battling. This means you still need to battle. And still need to level up pets yourself. But it also means you will after x amounts of pets leveled, get another pet for free.

So lets say im killing critters in heartland. They grant around 400 experience to a lowbie pet + the experience that my high level wouldve gotten if it had been able to level (lets say its 200 for now). From this experience, my daycare pet would receive around 60 experience. If i then get 5-10 pets to level 25, my daycare pet/pets would also hit lvl 25, thus granting me a free pet or two for my hard work. Ofcourse, it'd still cost a bit of gold, but not a lot, since you still need to work for that experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gronch View Post
    some guildy's and i already came up with this idea, and we'd like them to be a pair of gnomes in the arathi highlands.
    Old female gnome and old male gnome with beard? And in background 10 pets behind some wood wall?
    Don't sweat the details!!!