Thread: Am I banned?

Am I banned?

Earlier this morning I logged on before I had to go to classes, It has been about a few hours since then and I can log in just fine, It accepts my password and everything but ALL of the servers are listed as RED and anytime I try to join one, it instantly disconnects me. on my battle.net account it says it is "Active" and there are no problems....what is going on?

http://oi48.tinypic.com/ser94x.jpg
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-12-10 at 05:54 PM.

It looks like the servers are down.

Deleted
    Nej, there's a popup when you try to login that tells you that you've been banned. Pretty much like this.

If your account is disabled for any reason, you will be told when you log in.

Deleted
    If it accepts your password you're not banned. If you were banned, you would know it, as a message would show something along the lines of: "this account has been suspended/closed".

It also says every server is up, But why is EVERY SINGLE SERVER a 'dark' red and disconnects me instantly if I am not banned?

Are they doing maitenence and just did not tell us? Everything was fine a few hours ago and even a few hours ago there was not a "Maitenence coming on Monday" thing.

On the offical WoW forums they are saying it is a 10-12 hour maitenence on a Monday morning? O.o
    Last edited by Elysara; 2012-12-10 at 05:50 PM.

Having same problem.
    Wondering whats going on

Same problem on both accounts so it can't be a ban

15+ Year Old Account
    it's a server select problem. If you were banned it would not allow you to log in.

I'd check the official forums (server statues thread maybe? or tech support?) because if could be a error code: 500 or something.

never seen this before, weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterpd85 View Post
    it's a server select problem. If you were banned it would not allow you to log in.

I'd check the official forums (server statues thread maybe? or tech support?) because if could be a error code: 500 or something.

never seen this before, weird.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...4088356?page=2

So a blue says that it is a sever/client problem. it happens often if you don't start up the launcher often and i don't...I just use the .exe shortcut on my desktop

Yup, I ran the launcher update and the red servers are gone, Lovely -.-
    Last edited by Elysara; 2012-12-10 at 06:05 PM.

No issues here and I'm on a US server, but I have the launcher come up every time.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

The servers being red means you need to update your launcher/client patch. Happened to me 2 times so far so I just close the game and run launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Onatala View Post
    The servers being red means you need to update your launcher/client patch. Happened to me 2 times so far so I just close the game and run launcher.
    That fixed it!

In all my years of WoW I have never seen the servers go red before, This was entirely new to me. i use the exe instead of the launcher because it is just faster =\