Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Hunter, the Wow cinematic of the dwarf with the gun and the white bear made me snuggle still have the bear, and i still got my old dwarfie hunter

good choice...good choice

A mix of what I want and what the guild needs. We needed a tank who wasn't awful. I had to pick between monk and DK(didn't want to play bear). Then I thought about the pros/cons for both, which went something like this:

DK pro: played Blood as main alt in Cata, able to play DPS offspec pretty well, generally a strong tank
    DK con: another plate tank, usually either very strong or nearly useless depending on the fight, the other tank has a DK alt as well
    Monk pro: leather gear, looked fun to play, hybrid class, uses a token that would otherwise have been wasted
    Monk con: never played Brewmaster before, Windwalker changed a lot since beta

Ended up going with monk because "shiny new class" and gear distribution. Very happy I picked monk, but I'll probably level my DK next.
    Thats for MoP, before that it was pretty much just what I wanted to play.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I love monsterous looking elves that look more like creatures than idealized humans, and I love white haired white skinned albino elves as I read Elric a lot in my teens and early 20s.

Also I absolutely adore the way night elf male ears bounce when they run. No other MMO came close to that kind of character detail back in 2004.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    Hunter, the Wow cinematic of the dwarf with the gun and the white bear made me snuggle still have the bear, and i still got my old dwarfie hunter

good choice...good choice
    Ah, but you forgot one thing... It was a brown bear!
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    In the wow beta (the first one) I played a Warrior, I don't remember why.

But when the game was released I started with a Hunter, I remember clearly running through Auberdine (he was a NE) and he had this red leather chest equipped and it looked SO bad that I instantly went off that character, I don't remember deleting it but I must have at some point. I logged out and made a Rogue which ended up being my long term character. Still play Rogue to this day.

15+ Year Old Account
    undead warlock

i like the story of the forsaken, the bitterness and what they have to go through, and warlock obviously because of the wicked hunger for power, perfectly knowing that playing with demonic magic on azeroth isn´t the smartest thing to do, it could possibly lead to a new invasion of the burning legion if something goes wrong and thus propably killing a good half of the population, but damn those demons sure are usefull, so fuck it
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went the scientific route first, and chose a melee fast burst attacker with light armour (rogue) cause that fitted my playstyle in previous games. Turned out the first day playing that rogues were kinda squishy and I didn't actually like being squishy very much.

So second day I went with my other choice, a hunter, cause they were ideal solo play classes with a pet that could take the heat when attacking. I kept that Hunter as my main in TBC. Burned out IRL and on the game and quit.

Came back in Wrath and started anew on my sisters server. I needed a toon to play with, so I was going to still main my Hunter, but play a warlock ( a class I had started to enjoy at low level late in my TBC time) on my sister's server on the side, just for fun to chat with them and such.

Well within 2 days I'd forgotten my old Hunter main (who now felt alien) and was merrily leveling my warlock and having fun in the game again. I went from liking the idea of the class and being comfortable with a pet class to take the heat while questing, to really starting to love the playstyle, and the intracacies. Time went by, and I created and played many other classes in many different amounts of time and effort, but never got the taste for a class as much as I did for my Lock. Lock just have that dark caster aura, pet class, different flavour specs thing going that keeps me coming back to play my main. I'm seldom bored on my main.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft3, Dwarf MountainKing hero unit. And maybe a little bit of Gimli awesomeness from LOTR.
    It took 7-8 years, but I finally got Avatar, Storm Bolt, Thunderclap and stuns (from chargin!). Macro'd avatar into stoneform, too.

Now if only I could have Avatar and Storm Bolt at the same time. :'(

FOR KHAZ MODAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Elemental Shaman being in a horrible state for years, seeing no improvement on the horizon I switched to Warlock. A decision I'm even happier about making today, and wish I would have done sooner.
    same here played elemental for wrath and tier 11 got tired of it and leveled my lock up just in time for firelands, wish i did it sooner
    "How easily the mind can be turned to hate from a place of fear - an instinctive, natural, protective response. Instead of focusing on the things that unite us, we focus on what divides us." - Thrall

I chose my old main because I've always liked ranged weaponry; not spells, but guns/bows and the like. I also found the idea of taming my own pet to be really interesting, so with these two things I naturally had to roll a Warlock.

...Naw, kidding. Hunter. It was Draenei because I was looking for a fresh start on a new server at the launch of TBC, and Draenei was the new race so there we go.

The only times I've switched mains prior to MoP was for guild need: we needed tanks, so I played my Druid or Death Knight to accomodate. Then MoP came along and gave us basically the best class in the history of ever, so yeah. Re-rolled, never looking back.

Tauren Dps warrior since 2007 march TBC, he is my favourite character and main, i have a dk at 90 focused for pvp i love as much, 85 pally and an 85 lock, no matter what ive tried to play i always love my warrior more and would be the one i would hold onto if all my other toons had to be deleted.

Theres just something about being a 500kg 8ft tall killing machine that holds weapons bigger then grown men in each hand. Plus the minotaur was my favourite monster in age of mythology.

10+ Year Old Account
    i like elves. no really thats why. i also like to play the bad guy most of the time so i picked warlock. didn't hurt that they could summon demons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Made a troll hunter because I thought they looked badass, was my main forever until Cata where I rerolled a few times because I couldn't find something I generally loved to play all the time. Come MoP I ended up rerolling back into my hunter (made it orc though because troll racial not so good now ): )
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    It would appear the world is retardeding at a pace much more rapid than previously anticipated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have played my warrior since November 2006, I have regretted it at times, but I wouldn't change him for any other class.

I'm sticking with my panda ele shaman; fairly simple rotation and entertaining spells(ASCENDANCE, PEW PEW!) convinced me to make this char my main, I'm quite happy with it.
    I'm also leveling a monk and dk. Despite how much I loved the Monk, raid rotation looks awfully complex for my taste, so I don't know if I'm gonna stick with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    When I first heard about WoW I wanted to be a Mountain King from Warcraft 3...so I guess that means a warrior (In fact exactly a warrior now that they have Avatar and Storm Bolt), but then I saw that you could make a Dwarf Paladin and I was like O.O...awesome! But it turns out paladins weren't so awesome. Back in vanilla it was basically heal or gtfo. I tried healing a few raids, but I found standing in the back spamming FoL to be pretty boring and awful.

Then I got a friend into WoW and I wanted to create a character to level alongside him. At first I made another paladin, but I got to level 5 and thought "another paladin? What am I thinking! I don't even like the one I have!" So I took a look at all the classes. The ones I knew about didn't really appeal to me so I chose to make a rogue because I didn't know anything about them.

Turned out that was a great choice because rogue is like the opposite of a paladin. You don't clunk directly towards your enemies in plate...you wear leather and you stealth in from behind. You don't heal or tank because you can't heal or tank, and thus no one is ever going to ask you to. You don't buff...you're never going to get harassed to buff when you forget. Plus you get to do damage...decent damage (this was when ret was a complete crap spec).

Even though pallies aren't the gimps they used to be I'll never go back. Rogue just feels right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Troll Guardian/Feral druid:

• Can tank and melee DPS, my 2 preferred specs. And with the way Blizzard has them set up, I only need one set of gear (including enchants/reforges/gemming) for both. Not something I can say about other classes I've played.

• Quality of life. Can travel through land, air, and water with ease. And can do it instantly. Those 1.5 sec cast times for mounts really add up.
    Last edited by Joe Schmoe; 2012-12-11 at 11:33 AM.

Human Paladin. I've been obsessed with knights since forever and Warriors just didn't cut it. Now Death knights actually have the word "knight" in their name but they weren't available back then.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

First rl mate who bought wow made a belf mage. Tried his char a little bit and made one myself when I got the game.

Was fire at 70, won every damage meter, until one day in Gruul's Lair, a BM hunter beat me be a rather decent margin. So that was the first reason, back then I just wanted to top meters I guess, and it seemed like BM hunter would be better at that than a mage.

Second reason: http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=174661

Played hunter since

I like to troll people in rl. so ofc i made a troll - hunter !