Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

I picked my DK over the holy pally I played in vanilla and tbc. I figured my guild would never let me go ret even if it was made viable because I was too good at what I did. Rerolling seemed like it was the most legit way out of healing.

My first character that I leveled in Vanilla was a human paladin. I liked the idea of a holy warrior but ended up a healadin. In Burning Crusade, I learned I could tank and switched to that for a while. Didn't play much Cataclysm and switched to a Horde hunter. When MOP was announced and Transmorgification was in full swing, I knew I could design my Paladin in true crusader fashion though I became a fan of the power that healing now has. So, for me, the reason I play a paladin is for the whole pompous, shiny, tough to kill, savior image with a bit of arrogance and pride mixed in. I put on my scintillating golden battle suit and parade into the battleground and keep my team alive or die while they achieve their objectives. The human to me is the prototype paladin from D&D days and that is who I am.

Deleted
    Human paladin and the reason for that is because humans fits so well in plate gear! Really a big reason i even made my paladin back in TBC was because they could have really cool gear! And then i love playing paladins, been playing my paladin 4 expansions now and still enjoy it a lot and the storyline behind paladins are really good aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll sum it up with 2 words and a number: Warcraft 3 Arthas!
    Yep I'm guild-less because of toxic elite-jerks in my old top raiding guild. Why can't we all get along like normal human beings?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well my first main was a Blood elf Mage.....raided through BC and Wrath with him. But then I play an Undead Priest through cata, and a NE druid through the end of cata. Now i play a Troll monk who was originally a Tauren when I leveled. But yeah I loved the blood elf lore when BC came out and the whole lust for magic made me want to play a mage, also fire/frost/arcane was the greatest idea for talent trees when I was a noob. Undead Priest......idk I like their animations and it almost seemed like an oxymoron at the time. The NE druid was simply because of lore and how original it was. Now I play classes for the racial buffs...which I hate, but I guess that's what I get for playing WoW for 7 years...

I went with a Worgen Druid. I've played off and on for 7+ years and have tried and leveled almost every class (except clothies - I am just too used to tanking). Here are the reasons I picked what I did.

Worgen Druid:

Bonus to Crit
    Extra run boost (Dark Flight)
    Instant Shifting
    Instant Flight Form
    Tank / Mdps / Rdps / or Healer
    Skinning / LW to make my own gear
    Bonus to skin speed as Worgen
    Better looking bear and cat than Night Elves
    Human or Wolf form, makes it nice for mounts
    Running Wild, just looks cool from time to time

and about a hundread other new reasons including Herb gathering in Flight Form (recently switched to Herb/Scribe before I go Resto/Balance)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    Always loved elves, found the high elves of Warcraft and their ludicrous eye-brows fascinating since WC3. TBC rolled around and it was revealed that Thalassian elves would be playable. I was on that like a hungry cat! And then I chose to roll a ret paladin because I had no idea of the stigma surrounding pally DPS at the time and, at the time, they were the only class among blood elves that could run around hitting stuff with a two-hand weapon.

This pic in the TBC page screenshots sealed the deal for me:

The male blood elf looks odd... I can't pinpoint what's the problem, but is he skinnier then playable blood elves or am I imagining things?

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    The male blood elf looks odd... I can't pinpoint what's the problem, but is he skinnier then playable blood elves or am I imagining things?
    Those are the Alpha/Beta TBC Blood elves. Notice the Blood elf female in the backround, She has the skeleton of a night elf female.

Playing Amazon's and Sorceress's in Diablo 2 made my choice of main being a Hunter, that is the only reason, otherwise i probably would of went Warrior or Mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played a mage full time from Vanilla up until Mists of Pandaria when I chose to switch to mistweaver monk. I originally rolled a mage due to being tired of melee from Everquest when my guild received Vanilla beta invites.

Quote Originally Posted by dryankem View Post
    I'm just curious why you picked your main?

My wife picked a Draenei Fury Warrior for her first character and has stuck with it ever since (has a couple alts she slowly levels but sticks to her warrior). She just enjoys charging and leaping into fights with reckless abandon.

Right now my main is my Gnome Frost DK (although I change mains fairly often). Tried a few times to level a DK and could never do it till I rolled Gnome, just love the little wrecking ball. Also my guild needs Tanks more than healers (I'd prefer to heal but we have a ton of healers already), so having a tanking OS is handy and probably the reason I jump on my DK for most of my guild's group content.
    I fight for what is right. In real life I am a combat vet having served in three different conficts. I will even but my head against overzelous moderators if need be.

That is why I chose paladin tank.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    I spent a lot of time thinking about whether I should pick up WoW or not, browsing the WoW website etc. I decided I wanted a nightelf, as they were the only elves available at the time and I preferred the Alliance. I also wanted to play something that wasn't very common, so I ended up having to choose between hunter and druid. In the end, shapeshifting won out!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysara View Post
    Those are the Alpha/Beta TBC Blood elves. Notice the Blood elf female in the backround, She has the skeleton of a night elf female.
    You are probably right. Having played night elves so much she didn't seem too different from normal because of that.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    When I was first handed a trial copy of the game, I did some quick (~15 min.) research on wikipedia about what each race/class was, and decided to go with an undead warlock. By the time I actually built the character, after some discussion with friends, it became a blood elf warlock. Somewhere in Wrath, it got a race change to an orc warlock, which it still is.

I decided I didn't want to play a healer (hard to do stuff on my own) or a tank (sounded boring). I decided that warlock sounded the "coolest" from a RP/lore perspective. The idea of having a pet "help" sounded like fun.

My first character was a draenei paladin. I got him to level 80 during WotLK and I got bored of him pretty quickly. I made my second character, a human warrior, soon after. It was a bit difficult at first because I didn't really understand the logistics of the class. After I learned about stance dancing, defensive cooldowns, and weapon swapping I fell in love with the warrior class. The slightly higher skill floor made it unfriendly for me as an awful play to pick up. After I figured out what I was doing (for the most part) my warrior became my main and has been ever since. I still play a lot of alts and get other characters to max level. My warrior is almost always entertaining and I enjoy DPS, tanking, and almost all aspects of PvP.

I used to be a DPS for 3 years, Then I switched to a healer..Why?

Better to be a healer and NEEDED than an easily replaceable DPS

10+ Year Old Account
    Went with Druid because i love the ability to shapeshift like a Transformer and flight form, like of reminds me of Starscream. Plus i like being able to turn into a cat.