What are some good JRPGs for XBox, XBox, 360, PS, PS2 or PC?

I've already played FF7, 9 and 10.

Thanks in advance!

Then you still have FF8 to go, the second best FF after 6. Play 6 too, you can get that on PSX.

In no particular order:

Xenogears
    Final Fantasy Tactics
    Odin Sphere
    Valkyrie Profile 1-2
    Grandia
    Saga Frontier 2
    Xenosaga trilogy
    Star Ocean 2
    Lunar 1-2
    Disgaea

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Then you still have FF8 to go, the second best FF after 6. Play 6 too, you can get that on PSX.
    I don't have a PSX. And do you have any idea where to get FF6 and 8?

---------- Post added 2013-02-27 at 10:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mithfir View Post
    In no particular order:

Xenogears
    Final Fantasy Tactics
    Odin Sphere
    Valkyrie Profile 1-2
    Grandia
    Saga Frontier 2
    Xenosaga trilogy
    Star Ocean 2
    Lunar 1-2
    Disgaea
    Any idea where to get those on the platforms that I listed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalian View Post
    I don't have a PSX. And do you have any idea where to get FF6 and 8?
    You specifically asked for Playstation, and Playstation 2 can play all Playstation games.

Add Grandia 2 and the Shadow Hearts series to that list. You're not going to find many, if any, JRPG's for the Xbox or PC. It's gonna be mostly Sony. Also Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross. I know Trigger is an SNES game but technically appeared on the Playstation.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    xbox360 - Tales of Vesperia.. and maybe Lost Odyssey. Definitely Tales of Vesperia though.

PS/PS2 - Adding on to what the other posters have said.. Kingdom Hearts 2 is good, better than 1 if you don't mind skipping the story from 1. Breath of Fire 3/4. I hated 5, and 4 was kinda boring at certain parts. I think 3 is the best. Shadow Hearts 1/2 are fantastic, and has one of the best protagonists ever in a JRPG. Dark Cloud 2 was loads of fun.

PC - Doesn't really have JRPGs that I know of, unless you count the PC versions of Final Fantasy.. Not a good platform for the genre.

10+ Year Old Account
    The original X-Box, some-what the 360 and the PC (at least outside of Japan) have slim-pickings as far as JRPGs are concerned. In fact I dont think I can really think of any JRPGs off the top of my head for the first Xbox that wasn't Japan-only, I guess you could maybe consider Phantom Dust to be one and there was Metal Dungeon, but that wasn't very good. I am sure there are ones I am not thinking of and probably even have, but the very fact they are not jumping out in my head goes to show any titles that could of been considered JRPGs for the systems was very, very limited. PC definitely has some, but the majority of what most would consider "true" JRPGs you will have to import, like the Ys series for example and I believe some of the Legend of Heroes games (probably some on Steam, but I hate Steam so I wouldn't know what ones). There were ports of Final Fantasy 7 and I think 8 for PC, but they weren't as good as the original PlayStation versions. Only really non-Japan JRPG PC titles I can think of are Icarus and Septerra Core and Septerra is just based off of the style and game play of traditional JRPG games, its not actually made by a Japanese company, I am pretty sure Icarus is the same way as far as who made it. There were a couple JRPGs released for the PC during the DOS era, but most of them contained a fair bit of nudity and were marketed towards adults, Knight's of Xentar and Cobra Mission being two that I can think of (I think I even have Cobra Mission somewhere).

I personally dont use JRPG as an identification for types of RPGs, but I know most people have an idea of what a traditional JRPG contains so I am only listing those that I can think of that would fit that mold. For example one game you can get on PC is called Anachronox and that features turn-based combat almost similar to Chrono Trigger, however most people would not consider it a JRPG since the style and graphics of the game are not at all similar to what most people identify the genre having and the fact that its not made by a Japanese company. I mean I could list tons of turn-based games for the PC, but most people dont consider them to be true JRPGs, or at least from my experience.

360 has a few I can think of:
    -Blue Dragon
    -Lost Odyssey
    -Enchanted Arms
    -Tales of Vesperia
    -Eternal Sonata (PS3 version has some additional content)
    -maybe Culdcept Saga (more of a board/card game then a JRPG)
    I am sure I am forgetting a couple.

Now PS1 and PS2 have a good number of what people would consider JRPG's. I wont make a huge list, but I will list a few most people may not mention:

PS1: Guardians Crusade
    PS1: Eternal Eyes
    PS1: Battle Hunter (sort of a combination of turn based combat/tactical combat, a deck of cards and board game type game play)

PS2: Okage: Shadow King
    PS2: Metal Saga
    PS2: Digital Devil Saga 1&2
    PS2: Namco X Capcom (you can import the game and burn an English translation CD if you dont know Japanese)

Once again all of these are based on what I think of when the majority of people are referring to when they talk about JRPGs, I personal think the definition is kind of dumb and I only differentiate based on what the game play of an RPG is like.

I will also throw out one more game that is not a JRPG, but features turn-based combat and may be worth checking out. Its called Future Tactics and it came out on the original X-Box and the PS2. You move around a fairly open battlefield in turns and when you attack the game switches to first person mode and allows you to hit enemies in certain weak spots like the head, however the terrain can also be destroyed from grenades and other weapons creating holes and trenches to hide in so positioning yourself so you can avoid an enemies line of fire yet still able to shoot back is key to victory.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2013-02-28 at 07:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow Hearts: Covenant!

epiccly epic and amazing JRPG on PS2, probably my favourite game of all time.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30