Ipad vs non-apple OS tablets

Looking to buy a tablet. currently have an Iphone and to be honest, I love it. I like the simplicity and the integration with Itunes so my wife and I can share music. My thought was that I would get my wife an Ipad, since she too loves the interface. Me on the other hand I am lookign to gain more out of the tablet. I am looking to be able to do things like integrate the tablet with my PC so I can work from the couch or outside using a remote desktop tpe connection, perhaps connect to TV, DVRs and any other smart device. Would I be better off with a non-Ipad or is it really just a preference?

You can use Teamviewer on iOS can't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    You can use Teamviewer on iOS can't you?
    Should be able to.
    Teamviewer can be launched from the web without the need of a 3rd party agent. There are also apps for tablets to.
    Last edited by Libram; 2012-12-10 at 11:35 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you already have iOS devices and you like the OS, what reason to switch? All tablets have apps that can do the same thing
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

From what i know the Samsung one note is faster hardware wise than the Ipad, so that may help... Tbh i have always found apple products overpriced and you are not really getting what you payed for.

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    If you already have iOS devices and you like the OS, what reason to switch? All tablets have apps that can do the same thing
    Honestly this is not only completely false but a wasted reply for no reason. They absolutely DO not all feature similar apps, and I mean native flash support...

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Honestly this is not only completely false but a wasted reply for no reason. They absolutely DO not all feature similar apps, and I mean native flash support...
    Flash is incredibly sparse in mobile and shunned by developers in that region. Plus what the OP is looking for is supported on an iPad, plus he's already using Apple products and has a lot of stuff on iTunes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    If you can find apps that are unique to the device (i.e. there is no equivalent on iOS or Android) then I'd love to see them

Really, the only "unique" apps (in the sense that I'm defining "unique" as being on Android and not iOS or vice-versa) will be ones that modify the OS itself, which unless jailbroken, is something that iOS can't inherently do. Usability-wise, in terms of how the OP is speaking, either device will do the same job.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Depending on what you call work you may be better of going for WIndows RT, at least if you want Office on your tablet.