Alchemy: Elixir master == more flasks or no?

Rather a newb question, but I'm new to alchemy. I want to have a chance at creating more flasks by taking a mastery path in alchemy. I went the route of Elixir's, thinking it might cover flasks. Created 5 flasks of the warm sun, not one extra was made. Did I choose the wrong path or is it just a rare hit?

Elixir mastery can proc extra elixirs and flasks. Key word being can...

Each mastery has like a 20% proc chance to proc an extra flask,pot,elixir or transmute.
    sometimes you're lucky and get procs every 4 or 5, sometimes you don't get anything.

Elixir mastery is indeed the flask mastery. The proc chance isn't very high though. I would recommend not expecting to get a proc and just being happy when you do.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The rate sometimes feels more like 10% for all the paths. You're less likely to notice it when making small amounts. Try making 20+ and you'll be a lot more likely to see procs
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

Sounds great folks - Just wanted to make sure I went the right path. Thanks all!