Flame Shock and Essence of Terror

Is it worth refreshing flame shock as the haste proc from Essence of Terror is falling off? And would it be good to refresh it at the start of the proc too? Or do you just ignore the haste proc and carry on with your rotation as normal?

I would think that would be good yes, thats what I do at least

Deleted
    Your flameshock dot in itself is fairly weak, (as earth shock 7 stacks is almost as much as a lavaburst+flameshock)
    It's worth to refresh it with bloodlust when there is 2 ticks of it left, i don't think it's worst refreshing with essence of terror, no.

You always want to recast a DoT a few seconds before any haste buff ends to get the chance for more Lava Surge procs. I'm assuming you're an Elemental Shaman.

As far as i know flame shock will rescale again once you lose the haste buff so i don't see why you should be recasting it

Quote Originally Posted by Velthari View Post
    As far as i know flame shock will rescale again once you lose the haste buff so i don't see why you should be recasting it
    Not true, Haste is the only stat that will affect our flame shock even after a buff / proc wears off so refreshing Flame Shock at the beginning of a haste proc / blood lust or just before said buffs wear off is good.

Deleted
    I'm not sure if its worth the gcd... I think it's only worth if the dot itself has less than 6 sec left (because thats when you refresh it anyways :P ),
    but if you use it with full nearly full time left you spend one gcd for maybe one additional flameshock tick, and Im pretty sure 1 gcd can be used more wisely with any other spell.

Tested it before servers went down and when you lose a haste buff the tick timer on flame shock recalculates what it should tick at at your current haste point, tested it with hero/em/haste trinket all had the same effect as they wore off flame shock dot recalculated its tick speed to your current haste point if you think this is not true then just go to a target dummy pop lust flame shock it look at its current tick speed and then debuff your lust and look at flame shock again and you will see that it has recalculated its tick speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Velthari View Post
    Tested it before servers went down and when you lose a haste buff the tick timer on flame shock recalculates what it should tick at at your current haste point, tested it with hero/em/haste trinket all had the same effect as they wore off flame shock dot recalculated its tick speed to your current haste point if you think this is not true then just go to a target dummy pop lust flame shock it look at its current tick speed and then debuff your lust and look at flame shock again and you will see that it has recalculated its tick speed.
    tooltip updates, but the real tick speed doesnt, its been this way since Cata. It wouldnt make sense anyway, hastebuff drops and FlS is suddenly 1s longer? Or hastebuff procs and FlS gets shorter? How would that work out?

I'm not sure if it would be worth using a GCD. I wouldn't imagine you'd get much more than an extra tick. Just situational. If your FS is low on time, you might as well.

If you're at a point where all you're doing is LB spamming, then maybe.

If I could think of a perfect situation to do it, it would be: Your FS has 4 or less seconds on it or so. Your haste buff is about to fall off. Your LvB is on CD as well as Elemental Blast, if that's what you're using, and you have less than 4 LS charges, in hopes that you don't reach 7 before you shock cd is up again.

But all in all, I wouldn't imagine it to be worth it.