Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The issue isn't that people don't believe in climate change. It's that they either don't believe in MAN-MADE climate change (see: the countless other times our climate has changed without human interference) or they believe that the remedies to fix the problem are worse than the disease (see: carbon taxes, population control, stopping third world countries from modernizing, being forced to live in a cave unless your name is Al Gore or you're a Hollywood celebrity).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Dont fall for the hype, this is why they are pushing their global warming agenda. A ton of money to be made by these green companys.
    Good. At least I can breathe the air from green energy, while I can't even grow plants in towns sitting next to coal power plants. I'm not even talking of smell.

Less pollution means more healthy people. I will pay for green energy if this alone was the reason. The matter is there's even more reasons then this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    NO they aren't that isn't science, looking out your window and making a grand assumption about the rest of the world and comparing it to scientist who have spent a liftime understanding and relating actual data and information.
    I was trying to be nice. Notice that I did not say the science and observations were good ones. They are very much flawed, but still a better attempt than simply attacking people, as the poster I responded to had done.

I am very much in agreement with you though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    Global warming is a scientic theory (at least the part about co2 being the cause of it). Like other science it's based off a series of qualified guess', therefore you should have doubts, even if they are very limited. What we could be seeing could just be the beginning of a warming cycle (which has happened many times before).

Also pullying on personal experince in a global event is like saying you have no clue what you're talking about.
    Gravity is also a theory but if u dont believe it jump off a building haha

Deleted
    Well, climate change wont only increase the temperature. Climate change will cause larger extremes in weather. Therefore it will be colder in winter and much warmer during the summer periods.

The problem with betting everything we have on stopping/preventing global warming, is that it is very costly, with us being in recession and having bigger problems to worry about, i feel that global warming should indeed be down-prioritized. Not to say that it isnt a problem, i just feel there are bigger problems we could spend more time and money on solving.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe in climate change, but I have never seen substantial evidence to prove that the climate change is a direct result of human activities. Might we be exacerbating the climate change? Possibly, but I doubt we are doing any major harm.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

People do not believe in Global Warming because polluting corporations don't want them to believe in it, therefore they spit as many propaganda as possible to make reputable scientists look like they have a hidden "agenda", or some other bullshit conspiration theory

Global warming (now more correctly referred to as Global Climate Change) was developed using statistics dating from millions of years ago to today. Ones personal experience can support global warming one way or the other, as the data is far too incomplete. Thirty years from now you could experience the coldest winter of your existence, but that wouldn't prove the earth was not progressively getting warmer, or colder for that matter.

Dont fall for the hype, this is why they are pushing their global warming agenda. A ton of money to be made by these green companys.
    this is beyond retarded.

ok so oil is the #1 industry on earth, dirty energy, and it makes more money than anything else on earth, also pays $0 in taxes (in the US anyway) and literally the ONLY people who say that global warming is not man made ARE oil company employees, oh but it's the sinister "green energy" people, INVENTING this crisis to get you to buy their green energy, when in reality if and when green energy ever does take off it is going to be controlled by the exact same oil/energy companies that control global energy now, as they are the only ones with the resources to make it happen, and are the only reason it is currently NOT happening. however, oil is a finite resource most intelligent estimates give us less than 50 years left even being able to use before it gets to costly to extract and refine that no one can afford oil anymore, at which point we either need another energy source (like say, an abundant free one like the sun/wind/etc.) OR we have to go back to not using energy like the early portions of the 1800's and earlier (i don't see us going back to this).

no shit there is a ton of money to be made on energy, you'd have to be retarded not to understand that, but of the possible sources for it, renewables are hands down the best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Gil View Post
    People do not believe in Global Warming because polluting corporations don't want them to believe in it, therefore they spit as many propaganda as possible to make reputable scientists look like they have a hidden "agenda", or some other bullshit conspiration theory

You don't even imagine how much dirty money those "big" companies/politics make now with all this green energy crap. Seriously what's up with people on mmo champ, treating global warming like some sort of religion. Just go and learn about it from somwhere else than TV and you will see what kind of nonsense we are dealing with here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aeser View Post
    this is beyond retarded.

ok so oil is the #1 industry on earth, dirty energy, and it makes more money than anything else on earth, also pays $0 in taxes (in the US anyway) and literally the ONLY people who say that global warming is not man made ARE oil company employees, oh but it's the sinister "green energy" people, INVENTING this crisis to get you to buy their green energy, when in reality if and when green energy ever does take off it is going to be controlled by the exact same oil/energy companies that control global energy now, as they are the only ones with the resources to make it happen, and are the only reason it is currently NOT happening. however, oil is a finite resource most intelligent estimates give us less than 50 years left even being able to use before it gets to costly to extract and refine that no one can afford oil anymore, at which point we either need another energy source (like say, an abundant free one like the sun/wind/etc.) OR we have to go back to not using energy like the early portions of the 1800's and earlier (i don't see us going back to this).

no shit there is a ton of money to be made on energy, you'd have to be retarded not to understand that, but of the possible sources for it, renewables are hands down the best bet.
    Dude try to reign back in the attitude. People disagree with you, don't need to be so incredibly rude.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Most people will agree that climate change -- the increased average temperatures with more severe weather -- is occuring.

Not everyone will agree that climate change is caused by global warming -- mankind's activities on earth are causing climate change.

That is the difference that many people don't understand in this debate. It's not that people debate climate change, it's that people don't believe humans are causing it.
    Or that we don't believe there is enough evidence. The earth has natural heating and cooling cycles, and recorded meterological data only goes back so far. We cannot go back in time and measure the hole in the ozone layer to prove definitively how much of an impact humans are actually having.

I for one neither believe nor disbelieve in the concept of humans causing global warming/climate change. I believe that there is not enough evidence to prove one way or the other, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't scale back emissions and use of fossil fuels. Even if we aren't causing problems, living cleaner also won't cause any problems.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Mostly younger people (still in school) are the ones who believe this stuff. Santa claus, easter bunny etc. People wouldnt have even noticed unless it was forced down their throats in our modern school system.

Its all green energy marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by bekilrwale View Post
    I believe in climate change, but I have never seen substantial evidence to prove that the climate change is a direct result of human activities. Might we be exacerbating the climate change? Possibly, but I doubt we are doing any major harm.
    Here's a start if it helps.

Also most current studies will try to determine how much of the change is due to external factors other than CO2 rise as well. Like the statements from here:

“We could only attribute as much as 30% [of the Arctic ice loss] to the AMO,” [the researcher] said. “Which implies that the rest is due to something else, and this is most likely going to be man-made global change.”

Previous studies had indicated that around half of the loss was due to man-made climate change and that the other half was due to natural variability.
    IIRC the extent of natural warming is estimated by observing the temperature trends on other worlds in our solar system as well historical patterns; my memory is kind of fuzzy on that though. I think there were competing methods for estimating? I really don't follow it as closely as I probably should.

Deleted
    You want science and observations?

All you have to do is look back to the industrial revolution, you know where EVERYTHING burnt coal/fossil fuels...pretty sure if we were going to do any damage to the planet we would have done it then....yet we had a mini ice age ending in the late 19th century which is why people have this crazy idea that what we're doing is having an effect on the planet.

As for my "opinionated" statement about too many people living on the planet...

Do you know what one of the biggest causes of the real global warming issues is? It's Methane Gas..you know, you're farts, which directly relates to the amount of people on the planet and the mass production of meats (because all animals fart too) to feed the growing population.

Do you want to know more?

bbc.co.uk/nature/17953792

Giant dinosaurs could have warmed the planet with their flatulence, say researchers.

British scientists have calculated the methane output of sauropods, including the species known as Brontosaurus.

By scaling up the digestive wind of horses, they estimate that the total population of dinosaurs, produced 520 million tonnes of gas annually.

Current methane emissions amount to around 500 million tonnes a year from a combination of natural sources, such as wild animals, and human activities including dairy and meat production.

Do you still think the population has nothing to do with it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Its not that I don't believe in it, it is just that I don't think that it is 100% man made, people act like they have no idea that the earth goes in cycles. We are certainly a major factor of it, just not the only factor.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Of course it's real...doesn't mean anything other than we are speeding up the heating part of the cycle and prolonging it a bit

Mostly younger people (still in school) are the ones who believe this stuff. Santa claus, easter bunny etc. People wouldnt have even noticed unless it was forced down their throats in our modern school system.

Its all green energy marketing.
    This is beyond silly, I'm sorry. Are you comparing Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny to work done by scientists worldwide? Nonsense.

Also, you think AGW is being forced in the modern school system? Give me a break. Where are you getting this information? I was in high school until about 2 years ago and the number of times I heard global warming mentioned was 0, and the number of times evolution was mentioned was 1.

Public school teachers opt not to talk about AGW or Evolution because they don't want angry, irrational parents calling them in the middle of the day demanding why their children are being "indoctrinated."
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Animalhouse View Post
    Prove your statement! Volcanos many times have caused more CO2 than all "primates" industry over and over core samples have shown. Much of this is absorbed over time by the oceans. It's a natural process.
    One volcanic eruption is a pittance compared to what we produce in a week.

Read this article.

http://www.skepticalscience.com/volc...al-warming.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Deleted
    I believe Earth is going through different cycles of weather in a big span of years. Global cooling, warming etc. I'm still not entirely convinced we contribute enough to the warming effect and frankly it just seems a way to force more nature friendly lifestyle and production so another batch of wealthy people can become even more wealthy.