Starting Diablo again - anything i should know?

Hello MMO-champion and fellow Diablo 3 players!

I'm going to enter the madness of Diablo 3 again, and i thought i wanted to hear YOU guys opinion on a few matters, that are concerning me.

Right, i have stopped playing after i got about halfway through Act ll on inferno, so i stopped relatively early, and i wanted to hear whether they fixed the brick wall you hit, or what they might have changed in this matter

I heard a bit about Paragon levels, monster levels or something like that, and it all just sounds REALLY confusing!

And now to the part i hate talking about the most.... My Witch Doctor. I was without a doubt a class cannon, and at that time, it was just insanely hard to progress, without using 2 hours of kiting stuff, but i got stuff "Done", i wondered if they fixed this about Witch Doctors, or if i just should go a new class.

How about the RMAH, how's it working out for y'all?

Happy holidays from Denmark to all of ya

Game is ez mode now, you will be fine. You can also level faster doing mp1 than you can doing mp7. There is little reward for playing the upper lvls, not a very good design but much better than it was.

A2 was also bugged back then, monsters did as much damage to you naked as they did with 9k armor.

Rmah? No thanks, getting all the best items is only good if you wanna quit playing. Need that carrot to chase.

I played a monk and stopped right around the same area you did. Picked it up again last month and Loving it. I completed Inferno first (set to mp0 by defualt) before trying the mp level. To try and clear up your confusion. Paragon levels refer to the 100 extra levels a player can earn on any/all of their level 60 characters (you don't have to complete inferno to start earning paragon levels). Monster Power (MP#- 0-10) refers to how strong the monsters are, 10 being the strongest, however 10 also rewards players with the best drops.

Assuming you stopped playing some time in July/August;

Inferno is massively nerfed now compared to what it once was. Also, with gear becoming easier to acquire, prices have dropped sharply. 1k dps 1-handers that were previously 6mil are now 200-300k. You can insert $5 into your Battle.Net account and buy 13 mil gold, and easily gear up any class to be able to do at least MP5, but farming MP0 or MP1 Act 3 is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
    however 10 also rewards players with the best drops.
    Huh? Since when? All higher MP does is give you more MF. But considering the sharp increase in monster HP, farming MP10 is not worth it unless you've got insanely-godly-epically rolled gear and like 300k dps. And even then it's not really worth it because you'd be able to kill faster on lower MP's and get much higher rares per hour from elite packs' guaranteed-rares-with-5-stacks thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

I did the same thing, Snixs. Same position, same class, just came back. My witch doctor had like 25k hp and 35k dps, and I was having a reeeeeally tough time trying to progress through act 2 infero back before I quit. Now when I returned, I pretty much steamrolled up to diablo and had quite a few tries on him/her before I eventually managed to clear the game. Now I manage to farm act3 inferno with monster power (?) 2 with ease. It all seems abit easier now
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    We were created by the biblical God.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    There's as much evidence for Santa as for darwinian evolution.
    The irony

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Huh? Since when? All higher MP does is give you more MF. But considering the sharp increase in monster HP, farming MP10 is not worth it unless you've got insanely-godly-epically rolled gear and like 300k dps. And even then it's not really worth it because you'd be able to kill faster on lower MP's and get much higher rares per hour from elite packs' guaranteed-rares-with-5-stacks thing.
    It was a poor choice of words, however, their are other forms I frequent were people (through posts and off beat comments) are mildly suggesting that the higher MP's are dropping higher "quality"/better rolled items then the lower tiers. However, as you said its inefficient to farm mp10.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
    It was a poor choice of words, however, their are other forms I frequent were people (through posts and off beat comments) are mildly suggesting that the higher MP's are dropping higher "quality"/better rolled items then the lower tiers. However, as you said its inefficient to farm mp10.
    Yes, IIRC having higher MF does increase your chance of ilvl 62/63 items, but farming lower MP is much faster than farming higher MP, because you get much more rares per hour, using the "guaranteed rare from elite pack with 5 NV" thing. Higher MP's are only useful for farming keys/organs.

Really wish Blizzard would make higher MPs better for farming, because I like having somewhat of a challenge, instead of just blowing through everything as fast as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

10+ Year Old Account
    Inferno may be nerfed... until you try MP6+. I also came back to D3 recently and I feel that the inferno from 5 months ago is similar to MP5. The challenge is still there.

I`m having fun in-game, I hope you will to. Happy holidays!

Guys, please. What does MP5 or MP6 mean? Im kinda lost.

---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 11:53 AM ----------

nevermind, just googled it =)

might try D3 again too. Ive stopped once ive hit 60 back at the release.

10+ Year Old Account

The gear inflation is kind of silly

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

In its core design D3 is a real MMO killer (even for WOW).

The problem is that everyone expected 2 things: it being an MMORPG (which it is not) or a new Diablo 2 PLUS game (which it is not).

So it got flak for being on line and not being an MMORPG and some idiotic hardcore D2 devotees who don't realise they are no longer 16 (age when they played D2 in a pre MMO age).

Add in the GAH/RMAH discussion and you can see the game got way too much flak for what it really is:

--- > A very fast, fun, casual gear grinding ON LINE game with an economic system attached to it.

In fact Diablo 3 has ALL the ingredients to become a success in fast SIMPLE on line play because it eliminates LOTS of heavy luggage of MMORPG's like WOW. No attunements, no reputation grinds: bahm you log in and play, solo or co op.

Group forming is 1 second due to ONE server per region.

I think D3 still needs 2 things though: PvP and a far better crafting system based on grinds.

Patch 1.04 (100 Paragon levels added) and Patch 1.05 were a success (MP play AND indeed an added limited craft grinding hunt).

So I can only state that D3 is a blast with all the above in mind.

---- CONTROVERSIAL statements:

What I think in the long run is that Blizzard did NOT want to make a WOW killer, so they launched it as such...

They will probably relaunch Diablo 3 with PvP and crafting included when their console version will launch. Probably at the end of 2013.

In this way they have a security back up (MMO relaunch of Titan - I say relaunch because Titan needs to relaunch the MMO genre).

I think D3 will be the success of 2013 because it appeals to modern day on line play BETTER than both MMO's (WOW included) and IPad fad games.

D3 is really a 2013 console game as this kind of gameplay adds something consoles don't really have at the moment.