Deleted

Classic PvP Titles Accountwide

hi guys,
    i searched this and other forums and coudnt get any good explanation or answer.
    if this kind of threat already exists im sorry.

actually i just want to know your oppinion about the classic pvp titles and the achievments not beeing acountwide.

my problem:
    i got a rogue with the classic pvp rank 9, so he can transmog the rank 14 replicas.
    but my mainchar, the warlock, only got rank 4, so he cant transmog the old gear.

so i ask myself, why isnt blizz making these old achievments accountwide?
    sure the idea behind it is that u only can transmog that stuff if you got the right to do it by owning that specific title.
    but since most of the other titles (even glads?) are accountwide i cant understand why the classic titles arent.

u know why? heard anything from blizz changing it?
    i cant be the only one who feels this is a thing to change

greetings,
    tub

Deleted
    Got to agree with this one.

There's also one thing that annoys me. I'm 1 rank away from being able to x-mog GM gear on my warrior. There are two kind of classic PvP sets, Knight one and the Marshal one. I honestly think that you should be able to xmog Knight gear if you have rank 6 or higher, or maybe even rank 3 or higher. Leave weapons and Marshal sets to those with rank 9+. I mean I'm yet to see a single player who's able to transmogrife classic gears to use the worse set.

I personally feel if you didn't run through the grind up to at least rank 12, you shouldn't be allowed to transmog any of the classic pvp gear at all...but I digress.

If you didn't earn rank 9 on that character back in the day, you shouldn't be allowed to transmog that pvp gear which sort of says "I went through hell to get this gear back in the day".

Quote Originally Posted by mmmmmmmBacon View Post
    I personally feel if you didn't run through the grind up to at least rank 12, you shouldn't be allowed to transmog any of the classic pvp gear at all...but I digress.

If you didn't earn rank 9 on that character back in the day, you shouldn't be allowed to transmog that pvp gear which sort of says "I went through hell to get this gear back in the day".
    All other titles that were just as hard to obtain are now already account-wide. Plus a lot of people have changed mains since then. The title is stuck on one of my alts that I no longer play, but I have earned that title just like I earned my Hand of A'dal.

The title is not really the problem, it's the gear transmog option, it should be available to all characters in your account. You can get the title easily by RBGs nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    All other titles that were just as hard to obtain are now already account-wide. Plus a lot of people have changed mains since then. The title is stuck on one of my alts that I no longer play, but I have earned that title just like I earned my Hand of A'dal.

The title is not really the problem, it's the gear transmog option, it should be available to all characters in your account. You can get the title easily by RBGs nowadays.
    I feel there are few titles that were "just as hard to obtain" as those of rank 13/14 were. It was literally 2 months of nonstop battleground queueing, for 8-12 hours a day (sometimes more if your server was even more populated) for 2 months for rank 13, and 3 months for rank 14. Achievements like Hand of A'dal and even Immortal/Undying were a cakewalk in comparison to the immense amount of time and effort you had to put into achieving rank 13/14 back in the day.

I'd consider it lucky that you're able to transmog the gear at all with a low rank of 9, and even still it should stay as it is and you are only able to transmog that gear on the character that you earned it on, similar to how some titles are not account wide and only for the character you earned it on.

I feel there are few titles that were "just as hard to obtain" as those of rank 13/14 were. It was literally 2 months of nonstop battleground queueing, for 8-12 hours a day (sometimes more if your server was even more populated) for 2 months for rank 13, and 3 months for rank 14. Achievements like Hand of A'dal and even Immortal/Undying were a cakewalk in comparison to the immense amount of time and effort you had to put into achieving rank 13/14 back in the day.
    Ex-R13 here. i want to transmorg my alts, I have no option now and I don't care if some ex-r9 wants that too, it doesn't ruin my game.
    Even Scarab Lord is account wide
    Feral4Life since 2005
    cpu: Intel i9-9900K mobo: ASUS Maximus XI Extreme
    cooling: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro gpu: ASUS RTX-2080 Ti
    ssd: Samsung 970Pro, 960 Evo, 860 Evo sound: sadly onboard
    case: Silverstone Fortress 2 Limited Edition (WRI) (I love that beauty)
    ram: 32G G.Skill 3200 C14 display: ACER X27 (G-Sync HDR IPS)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deng View Post
    Ex-R13 here. i want to transmorg my alts, I have no option now and I don't care if some ex-r9 wants that too, it doesn't ruin my game.
    Even Scarab Lord is account wide
    thats exactly my point!
    when even scarab lord is account wide, why not the pvp achievments? it doesnt make any sense. and since the playerbase who got atleast rank9 and stills plays WoW is pretty small it wouldnt even make a huge difference to others game experience in my opinion.
    and for me personal it would be a huge buff to my fun ingame.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

I'd consider it lucky that you're able to transmog the gear at all with a low rank of 9, and even still it should stay as it is and you are only able to transmog that gear on the character that you earned it on, similar to how some titles are not account wide and only for the character you earned it on.
    Yup, but thats ur opinion. I have been grinding my ass of aswell back in the day, but i dont like vanilla players who feel like special snowflake.. I have a retired mage on the bench with classic rank, i can xmog the cool gear on him but not on my NOw main character shadow priest. IMO it's stupid i cant have any benefit from it when playing on my priest ( he loves xmog) .. i dont even play my mage anymore.. sure the effort was there in those days, but not even seeing anything back from that effort while playing other characters is just retarded. It doesn't feel epic at all.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2012-12-11 at 06:45 PM.

You didn't earn the title on that toon; therefore you shouldn't be able to display that title, legacy titles and armor should always be left alone. Playing on Kil'jaeden server in vanilla had a ridiculous grind. You literally had to play 12+ hours a day 7 days a week to make sure you out-farmed the other rank 13s. 3 Months later, you get the super weapon and the prestige title that everyone longed for.

Now you can just pay x amount of u.s currency and get grand marshal or high warlord title from maybe 2 hours of game play. Blizzard really slapped legacy pvp'ers in the face.

If you didn't earn the title on your new main or etc; you shouldn't be able to use that transmogrify or title. But you'll always have the achievement to link.

Quote Originally Posted by r3as0n View Post
    You didn't earn the title on that toon; therefore you shouldn't be able to display that title
    Yeah, and Scarab Lord and others? Are their alts better than my alts? How so?
    Seriously, account-wide was meant to stop the "You didn't earn the title on that toon".
    Feral4Life since 2005
    cpu: Intel i9-9900K mobo: ASUS Maximus XI Extreme
    cooling: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro gpu: ASUS RTX-2080 Ti
    ssd: Samsung 970Pro, 960 Evo, 860 Evo sound: sadly onboard
    case: Silverstone Fortress 2 Limited Edition (WRI) (I love that beauty)
    ram: 32G G.Skill 3200 C14 display: ACER X27 (G-Sync HDR IPS)