Thread: Shadow Priest

Shadow Priest

I am new relatively new to the idea of a shadow priest but I was wondering if I should still be concerned about my Spirit? I am not having mana issues at the moment but I have always thought Spirit was important for priests. Is this only the case with healing priests?

Thanks,
    Sarnaxxx

It grants you hit, so go for it
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab

Deleted
    Up until the hit cap, after that its worthless, vampiric touch gives you 2% mana per tick.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarnaxxx View Post
    I am new relatively new to the idea of a shadow priest but I was wondering if I should still be concerned about my Spirit? I am not having mana issues at the moment but I have always thought Spirit was important for priests. Is this only the case with healing priests?

Thanks,
    Sarnaxxx
    Yea they changed it so that instead of spirit granting shadows mana in combat it gives us hit instead. There isn't much difference between hit and spirit unless you happen to be human.

shadow's primary mana generation comes from vampiric touch. the only times i find myself low mana are on fights like will of the emperor, where you will often find yourself having to run around a bit and your only real option to deal damage is shadow word: pain on everything you see. also, some have problems with mana on wind lord in heart of fear. the answer to mana problems in both of these situations is to just cast a few extra vampiric touches once you have the opportunity to stand still (and mindblast is on cooldown).

vampiric touch is generally not worth casting on all available targets for dps (unlike shadow word: pain - though VT ticks harder, pain lasts much longer + has the initial damage component as well), but if only 2 or 3 targets are active (such as during much of will of the emperor or elegon) you will generally want to keep VT + pain on all of them.