Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

10 Man Heroic Empress

Noticed that no 10 man guilds in the US have guild her yet vs. 12 25 man guilds. Anybody have experience on this in 10 man that knows what the problem these 10 man guilds are having? I'm guess add phase and having to have a Heart of the Wild 3rd tank but don't know for sure.

i noticed that myself as well as having only 1 guild(as of last night) kill the first boss in heroic terrace. for US 10mans
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Deleted
    You need 4 heal to survive stupid RNG during phase 1 but you don't need a a third tank.
    The last phase is realy easy with 4 healers and the dps required is prety low (our 1° P3 was a kill, prety fun).

But the first phase is such a pain in the ass (untill you get some gear to survive 1 empress bolt + 1 bolt from the corrupted void + the explosion of the void).
    Last edited by mmoc0a064b8f2c; 2012-12-01 at 03:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    i noticed that myself as well as having only 1 guild(as of last night) kill the first boss in heroic terrace. for US 10mans
    I would guess that the lack of terrace kills is because guilds are doing the bosses "in order" (i.e. going for a HoF clear first), but protectors is still definitely a challenging fight from what I've heard

We have an excess of about 100 wipes on her so far, some of which have been due to people quitting. That aside, most wipes have come down to RNG deaths in phase 1 due to some pretty crazy burst, and the rest because our Prot Pally has died whilst tanking the Windblades in phase 2. We tried having him kite them which guaranteed his survival, but due to the fairly strict timer on phase 2 we ended up having to resort to him tanking them because of his DPS. We have yet to hit the final phase, but from what I hear it should be a cakewalk provided everyone's alive when it starts.
    Last edited by Vereesa; 2012-12-01 at 02:01 PM.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Pretty much as everyone said, 4 healing since DPS is not really an issue but still people need high enough health to survive stupid bursts, i'm fairly optimistic about getting it down this reset. Stack locks.

Grats to Ctrl-Z for US 10 man first.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

The problem we ran into was that our tank would sometimes get one shot by the adds, or our disc priests would get back to back cries leaving the raid unprepared for the sonic discharge. Even with four heals the fight felt very RNG. That's 10 man for ya!

Yea, 10 man encounters having to be 4 healed because 10 is so much easier than 25....

You have to 8 heal it on 25 lol.
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

Have anyone tried having everyone use stamina flasks for this?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm watching videos of people killing it and I just cannot even.

I swear the fight just randomly decides that a tank is going to die now. I know from looking at logs that's not precisely the case, but... feel for the healers.
    Just feel for them, they need your sympathy. And a hug...and a warm cup of cocoa-okay I just want those things. :|
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty rough tank damage indeed. Wiping to the encounter (first transition) right now.

Seems very doable (and of course it is) but we're having to deal with plenty of truly random burst between transitions.
    Last edited by Nakkí; 2012-12-02 at 08:28 PM.
    Nakkiz of Memento <EU-Frostwhisper>

What happens if the Sha decides to randomly corrupt the Dissonance Field that's at the highest energy? Do we just have to suffer through a 75k raidwide DOT for 10+ seconds while still dealing with the two Dissonance Discharges? Fight seems really RNG on 10 man.

"Alright raid we're doing fine, here comes a field explosion pop CD's, okay we lived through top peop- j/k healer died in 1 second wipe it."

I love Empress....

Wow, the RNG is insane.

Don't we all just love all these RNG fights this xpac? I sure don't...
    Jahlove, Troll Druid of <Huge in Japan>
    Armory | JahUI Download | Raid Livestream | Youtube

Please fix it so the Sha will always corrupt the field with the lowest energy on 10 man? Requiring 4 healers for a 10 man fight is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Please fix it so the Sha will always corrupt the field with the lowest energy on 10 man? Requiring 4 healers for a 10 man fight is wrong.
    ....that's not why you need four heals. The damage throughout p1 and p2 is FUCKING NUTS.

Empress is one of the most predictable fights this tier, and the damage she does is extremely well tuned. People crying about 'RNG', when in actual fact they're just incapable of dealing with the burst damage.