Page 1 of 2
LastLast

10 man blade lord normal

so, i'm playing in a small casual guild, we raid 3 days a week if we can get enough people online for it, but most of the time it only gets to 1 or 2 raids.

so, yesterday, we got to blade lord in HoF. we only had 1 tank online, so we got one of our fury warriors to offspec tank it.

after a few attempts, we could get to phase 2 without any trouble.

but then the wipes began. we got to the boss without anyone dieing, getting him to 10%... but when he changed side, we always had 3 dps dieing on the way, and then dieing to enrage when he got to around 2-3% hp.

our closest attempt we got him to 2 million hp.

we go with 3 healers, 3 ranged and 2 melee. one of our melee dps only had 35k dps on him (combat rogue), but i am wondering. is it a dps issue or a healing issue? none of the healers complained about the tanks taking too much damage.

average raid dps was around 50k, with me as MM hunter at 67k as the highest.

also, would speccing into spirit bond instead of AotIH help? i will take more damage from the unseen strikes, but would the self healing help more in phase 2?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%A9kaie/simple

Deleted
    Obviously a dps problem since you are hitting enrage on a boss which (imo) only has an enragetimer to avoid people stacking healers to complete it.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would say it's a DPS issue especially if you are reaching the enrage timer, 35k is a little on the low side even for a rogue.

Make sure you use Bloodlust (If you have it) right at the start and have everyone use their offensive cd's, P2 is always the tricky part, everyone just needs to avoid the tornadoes firstly, just after getting dropped of on the first side wait a few secs for the ehalers to heal you up/hot you up ect then all run together as a group using speed buffs/defensive cd's, once you reach the boss its very easy to heal and just repeat.

Think about replacing the low DPS (no one should be below 50k imo) or swapping a healer for a DPS

10+ Year Old Account
    As everyone says 2-healing it seems better and that rogue is a bit too low tbh.

Our guild is 3-healing but I am the third healer and I am smite spamming like a mofo. I contribute with around 40k dps and 40k hps to make the fight easier on the healers and dps.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

You said you're wiping on the transition back to the other side. You can hop into the wind channels when the boss is on around 12% hp to get down to the other side of the room with no problems. You might want to keep tank (and possibly a healer depending on if the tank can stay alive) on the boss to make sure it ticks over to 10% and have them run back normally

Our first kill we 3 healed it, it can be 2 healed but your healers need to have the P" run well thought out. The best advise I can give and probably the thing that will help you kill him if you get to P2 all the time, when the boss hits about 12% send 1 healer into the slip stream, they can run to the other end in no time and be waiting, at 11% ( everyone needs to watch their own percentages for this) all the DPS should start moving in the same manner to get to the other end before he moves and you have to do the run again. The 2 tanks will stay and finish off that 1% ( dots will still be ticking) and then they make the run sinc most tanks will be able to make that run with no healing apart from their own self heals.

This way when the boss hits 10% and h moves to the other end, all your remaining DPS will be waiting and be able ot nuke him hard, helpfully letting you beat the enrange

3 healers for 10N is excessive, it can easily be done by 2 competent healers. I would strongly suggest not using 3 healers unless you absolutely have to (and having people die in phase 2 is not a reason to bring 3 healers.. if anything it's a reason to bring less.)

If people are dying in phase 2 all that means is people are underestimating how important it is to STAND STILL and get healed up before you run. The only alternative is to get healed on the move, and depending on your healers that will either be easy or abnormally difficult. Resto Shaman and Druids are fairly strong at healing while moving (Spiritwalker + Ascendance + Healing Tide, Symbiosis Spiritwalker + Tranquility), Priests and Paladins are weak by comparison. (Edit: Though, I haven't done 10N in a while, only 10H -- I may be overestimating how difficult it is to heal.)

On another note though.. 50K DPS is pretty low on Blade Lord, I can do around 45K DPS as a Disc Priest. Having low DPS will make the last phase much harder than it should be, and if you're having people die in phase 2, you either need to get better DPS or less healers.

Edit: Ask your Rogue why he's playing Combat on a single target fight. Assassination is better overall, you only really want a Combat Rogue if they are absurdly good at it, and/or it's a fight you want to use Blade Flurry on.
    Last edited by Lothrik; 2012-12-10 at 12:13 PM.

On Heroic we run back to the other side through the wind tunnels at about 12%, our tank stays to push the boss with DoTs.

The slower the dps, the more stacks of dmg the boss gets. I would suggest 2 healing and booting the rogue. Even with 463 in the majority of slots the rogue should have more dps than that, even in their current state.

An idea might be to try it like this.

Have 1 healer stay back where the boss drops you at the start of p2. This healer then heals the ppl running till they get out of range. The other healer is a runner. We use a resto dru with symbiosis to tranq on the move. Dps boss to 12% or so and then the dps that are "less competant" at running hop in the slipstream. They can get healed for a lot of the trip so deaths shouldn't be an issue. (Obv make sure you have enough dps to take him down to 10%

15+ Year Old Account
    It can easily be 3 healed (75% of the time we 3 heal), don't forget though that the healers can just prepot and dps in the first ~30sec of the fight with bloodlust. I as holy pull like 50k dps in the first 30sec of the fight. (Mana isn't a problem, just shadowfiend when ur smiting). It's a huge help.

And of course if you have a proper disc priest he will count as half a DPS for the whole fight anyway. If you have a disc priest that doesn't do any dps(A lot of failers don't) you should fire them.

One night were we brought shit dps we wiped to enrage (~500k) , I checked and the other 2 healers weren't dpsing at the start. Told them to and gone was the difficulty with enrage.

Deleted
    Well, it is important to know if the people dying are running into the tornados or are just not healed enough. Also your setup would be good to know. Your Rogue is way to low on DPS, he is doing something wrong, no excuse. I don't think you need to 2 heal it if you got him low that far as long as everyone (esp. the rogue) steps up their game. You can try though.

Have everyone use personal CDs and, if you have a lock, healing stones on the transition. Also use offspec healing cooldowns like healing tide. Warrior tank can increase peoples life. Your healers need to communicate, don't use two cooldowns at the same time. Save some for the way back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    On Heroic we run back to the other side through the wind tunnels at about 12%, our tank stays to push the boss with DoTs.
    It feels so good to ride the slipstream and trivialize Tornado Alley in this fashion.
    Back when dot snapshotting was a thing, I wrote this piece of junk.

Swap sides on the side streams before the boss changes. Makes it a lot easier.

When boss reaches 11-13% everyone reapply dots and then leave on the side stream, all the way to the other side. As dots tick, boss will reach 10% and teleport to the other side, where everyone is already waiting. To make it 'fool proof', leave 1dps\1healer behind, to ensure he swaps sides, and then meet the rest of the raid. Makes the 2nd transition trivial.

GL

10+ Year Old Account
    Both of our tanks stay behind when he hits 11% while the rest take windwall ride back. As tanks have very decent self healing and can make the journey to the other end on their own. Besides the vengeance is a pretty nice DPS boost for tanks. The boss is not tankable in this phase anyway, he doesn't do any melee damage. This give the healers a chance to top ppl of on the other side w/o an issue and also all DPS can be concentrate on burning him down.

We beat the enrage with 20 sec. or so, with half our raid being dead ^^ GL.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadde111 View Post
    Obviously a dps problem since you are hitting enrage on a boss which (imo) only has an enragetimer to avoid people stacking healers to complete it.
    If you don't have the gear this boss can get pretty tough. Don't assume they all have all the reputation stuff that ofc everybody in a hardcore guild has. We also had DPS problems on this boss when we first killed him. If somebody died then this likely was a wipe.

@Topic: 35k is uuhm... really... I mean... really... BAD. No wonder you die because of the enrage.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 heal the fight if your DPS is an issue, this should solve your problem. If people stack properly, use raid walls and their own personal CD, should not be an issue for the healers. As moving from one side to another healers restore their mana.

thx for all the Inputs guys, really appreciate it.

Im the fury warrior who was mentioned by the OP, who just specced prot for this very fight. regarding our gear we have about 485-487 iLvL gear, but the rogue has only 471, still he should be able to do a lot more than 35k dps, I as prot did 40k dps on the boss, not to mention if I were dps I could have done about 70-75k dps.
    Our setup varies mostly by the available people ofc on every fight. but for this we had this setup:
    2 tanks both warrior, 1 lock, 1 spriest, 1 hunter, 1 retri pala, 1 rogue, 2 resto shamans and 1 holy pala.
    Guess we will try to 2 heal it and with 1 more dps he has to go down quite easily if we are using the windwall as well.
    thx again for all of your thoughts guys.
    Hopefully we will have a try on him today and will down him this time.

Deleted
    I don't know if it's been said before, but something that really trivializes travel time in P2 is for the raid apart from the MT to jump into the winds on the SIDE at 11%, to flow with it to the other side and then you can just wait there for the boss.

Deleted
    Do you have a warlock? Use the Demon Portal to cut the running time in half for your weakest members (need to set it up before the fight). On our runs the three healers, our hunter and me (the warlock, not for survival but because my execute dps is highest of all) use it. The other people have other ways to get to the other side fast, like blink and heroic leap or just have a bunch of cooldowns or straight up health to survive the run. We use a healer AE cooldown to get the group topped before the run and preferably use Roar from our feral for a nice initial run boost.

And yeah on the 2nd running, go at 12% to abuse the side streams to get to the other side. Dots and a tank+healer will bring it down to 10% for the switch.

I had streamed our 10m heroic kill so you can see our portal and slipstream use at 2:03:30 (it's a saved stream so quality is bad. use full screen to actually see anything). The P2 is no different between heroic and normal, aside from hurting more. My own voice is very soft though, which is annoying as I'm the one who calls out when to start moving to the other side.