Page 1 of 3
LastLast

LFR - Is this normal

Hey guys just a question as I am new to the LFR scene.

I did LFR on my Warlock and DK over weekend and I was told by a few people in guild and friends that you usually get 1 drop per the 3 bosses you do.

I however went through MV on Warlock and DK and didnt get anything but the bag's of gold.

Is that unusual/normal or am I just very unlucky?

Thanks.

It's random. My shaman usually gets 5 items per week, while my druid hardly gets anything. Drop rates are low but with charms you usually get several items per week if you do all LFR parts.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure they are just really lucky or lying. Most people tend to average out to 1-2 pieces a week if they clear all 16 LFR bosses plus Sha.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

It's chance. You have a small chance of getting loot per boss. There is nothing to say you're guaranteed a drop from 1 of the 3 or even 1 a week from the entire LFR raids.

You could go 3, 4, 5 weeks without a single drop.

if ur just running mv thats 6 bosses= not much chance for loot
    running hof and terrace + ms= like 18 bosses and usually u can get atleast 1-3 items.

Deleted
    I got 1 piece of loot of the first boss i killed. so its 100% droprate

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've got two items in hte 5 or 6 weeks LFR it's been open in MoP. Twice the same gloves

10+ Year Old Account
    Its more like 1 drop per 16 bosses in my experience. So 1 drop a week, which isnt bad imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    The things you get from LFR bosses is completely random. Pure RNG.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ajamu/advanced <---- That's my DK right over there.

Deleted
    I seem to recall a Blizzard employee plucking a 17% drop rate out of the hat when talking about LFR. My experience is a small and inaccurately recalled sample, but that order of magnitude is consistent with what I've observed.

Had a feeling it was RNG. I need to raise my ilvl somemore to get the other raids. But did a total of 12 bosses over 2 chars left me a little disheartened. Will just have to have better luck next lockout.

10+ Year Old Account
    The drop rate is 4/25, or 16%. One every 6.25 bosses.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    No, its lfr.

Since it came out. Like 2 months ago or something. Ive got 3 items total. 1 per 3 bosses is bs and pure luck.

Some is lucky. But not getting anything is normal.

Friend of mine got 3 items the first 3 bosses in his first ever lfr

Presuming a 15% drop rate, you have a 69% and change chance to get at least one drop in sixteen bosses. So yeah, it's luck. Coins give you more chances, so raise the percentage by about 2% per coin.

Its all RNG, all evidence is anecdotal at best. For example, I've killed roughly ~40 bosses, and used at least 15 elder charms, and I've only recieved 2 pieces of loot from LFR. Does that mean the drop rates are super low? No, it just means I've been getting a string of bad rolls. Does it suck? Sure does, but oh well gotta roll with the punches.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    its completely RNG, I did all 16 bosses this week including using 3 tokens and got 1 piece of loot out of a possible 19. Luckily it was one of the 3 pieces i actually wanted

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katza View Post
    Presuming a 15% drop rate, you have a 69% and change chance to get at least one drop in sixteen bosses.
    1-((21/25)^16) = 93.85% chance for at least one drop in 16 bosses in LFR.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

done all LFR for the week and won 1 neck dps item.

the week before that i won about 6 items....

still no epic weapons for my DPS OS tho... and dps que timers are long!
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

Deleted
    just got my alt geared for vaults 3 drops over 6 bosses, yet I did my main the other day and got nothing but bags of gold.

it's just totally random, believe blizz said it was something like an invisible roll, roll more than roll under 20 you get nothing (had this happen before) roll 20-80 you get gold and roll 80-100 you get loot, so it is basically the same as rolling just instead of rolling against other people your rolling against the game, so with a run of crap rolls you will get nothing and with a run of good rolls you could get everything.