Hotfixed Quality of Crafted Pets

A couple days ago I contacted Cory Stockton @mumper (Lead Content Designer), via Twitter and questioned if Crafted Pets were intened to have the wide range of quality chance. (Poor - Rare) I mentioned that it was rather harsh after spending a few thousand gold on these pets to get a poor quality version when learned. He agreed and would look into it for 5.2.

He surprised me with such a fast reply and hotfix that no longer will players have to play with RnG and the possibility of getting a poor or common quality pet from professions.

Examples being the Sapphire Cubs

All crated pets will be uncommon or rare!

Yay!

And not fixing the already crafted/learned pets why...?

From my experience they never do, example being the Darkmoon Hatchlings that were bought before the hotfix. I'm stuck with a uncommon one, but anyone that bought it after the hotfix got rare ones... just how Blizzard does it...

Maybe you could ask him as a follow-up why that is. Why punish players that were more lucky/faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvine View Post
    From my experience they never do, example being the Darkmoon Hatchlings that were bought before the hotfix. I'm stuck with a uncommon one, but anyone that bought it after the hotfix got rare ones... just how Blizzard does it...
    I had this issue, had bought one and learned it before the hotfix, so was stuck with an uncommon, i ticketed it, and the GM gave me a flawless critter stone to upgrade it to rare So its worth opening a ticket and explaining

Also hotfixed are the Pandaria pet tamers, you can no longer abandon the quest once you complete it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post
    I had this issue, had bought one and learned it before the hotfix, so was stuck with an uncommon, i ticketed it, and the GM gave me a flawless critter stone to upgrade it to rare So its worth opening a ticket and explaining

Also hotfixed are the Pandaria pet tamers, you can no longer abandon the quest once you complete it!
    You got a nice GM for sure! I'm not sure all the GM's would do that, but I'll try my luck tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Elvine View Post
    You got a nice GM for sure! I'm not sure all the GM's would do that, but I'll try my luck tonight!
    Indeed, there are some that wouldn't, I have been rather lucky with my requests/issues, I always seem to get helpful peoples Although I am pretty polite in my tickets, which can help, I've known a few people that are just rude! and never get anything done Goodluck it's worth a try

Quote Originally Posted by neanoa View Post
    Maybe you could ask him as a follow-up why that is. Why punish players that were more lucky/faster.
    Asked via twitter, so I'll keep you updated if I get an answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember them saying how it would be very difficult to go back and fix everyone's pets once learned, so they don't do it. I did get a critter stone in the mail too after writing a ticket so it's worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    I remember them saying how it would be very difficult to go back and fix everyone's pets once learned, so they don't do it. I did get a critter stone in the mail too after writing a ticket so it's worth a try.

All Crafted Pets have been upgraded to uncommon and those that were rare were not touched!

Also, darkmoon hatchlings have all been upgraded to rare quality!
    Last edited by Elvine; 2012-12-13 at 07:40 AM.