Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

is there anyone over the age of 14 here that plays a male draenei/ night elf?

Everyone ive seen that plays a male night elf or draenei is always under the age of 14 and typically has no idea what he/she is doing.

Just curious to see if theirs anyone thats over 14 playing one and more importantly, why?

Because 14 is a magic age when bads become pros.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

10+ Year Old Account
    I played both while I was still subscribed, I was 19 when I quit. I only had about 2 female characters total, and those were for RP based character background reasons.

Something, something, Anecdotal evidence and all that. Since everyone here is about to say that...
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

15+ Year Old Account
    played a male night elf dk for a long time. +1% chance of dodging for tanking. play female night elf dk + undead dk now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slickx View Post
    Everyone ive seen that plays a male night elf or draenei is always under the age of 14 and typically has no idea what he/she is doing.

Just curious to see if theirs anyone thats over 14 playing one and more importantly, why?
    Baseless generalizations usually lead to bad things... Wow didn't even come into existence until I was 37 years old. I have several night elf males and draenei males, but age and gender have nothing to do with the people that select them. one could look at you and say you have no clue what you are doing either, but that wouldn't be fair without facts. Just like your generalizations.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    The stereotyping from the playerbase really needs to stop.
    Putin khuliyo

My wife is 28 and she has male night elves. I'm not really sure how race choice relates to skill level, but okay...

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Started playing at 20, first character was a male night elf rogue. simple reasons, I had never played a proper MMO before (other than dabbling in Runescape) but I always enjoyed playing stealthy, sneaky characters. I loved the rogue stealthing (I stealthed EVERYWHERE the first 15 levels), and the term "night elf" made sense to me in lieu of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    First, you can't tell what age people are without asking, and secondly, they probably lie. So that's kinda pointless to lump everyone together as "everyone who plays XXX class/race is 14 years old"

I have a male draenei paladin. I don't like him too much though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just a touch under four times that and have several of each across various servers. Why? Part of it has to do with having started in 1.1. Certain race/class combinations worked better than others and I haven't bothered to race change. Why male and not female? Usually just a question of what my mood was when I created the toon. I use the highly technical "talks to self" standard for race/gender selection -- will the /silly and /flirt amuse me? Sometimes, this is enough reason to play a male Nelf: "I don't mind the Gnomes, but I'm always worried about tripping over one."

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Been a NELF for like 7 years and I am over 30 if that answers your ridiculous question.

MY main was a Male Draenei shaman for years until I faction changed... Now he's an orc. But I was still over 14 when I made and played him.

24 years here . I play male draenei shaman and started playing wow since vanilla so got some experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Baseless generalizations usually lead to bad things... Wow didn't even come into existence until I was 37 years old. I have several night elf males and draenei males, but age and gender have nothing to do with the people that select them. one could look at you and say you have no clue what you are doing either, but that wouldn't be fair without facts. Just like your generalizations.
    Alright then show me one arena player thats over 2200 that plays a male draenei or night elf.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am 19 and play a male blood elf. I like characters are small, but Gnomes and Humans are on the Alliance. And Goblins I just don't like the lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    My main (if there even is such a thing anymore) has been a male draenei shaman since I started playing in 2007, at which time I was 20 years old. I'm definitely not the best player around, but I certainly know what I'm doing and feel that I'm a pretty good healer at least. If I were starting today I might pick a different race/gender combination, but at the time I wanted to play alliance and really liked the shaman class, which meant draenei was the only choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Slickx View Post
    Yes and why not?

Late 30s with a graduate degree and a male space goat hunter as my main. Killed every boss but Raggy on heroic while it was current, from Light of Dawn to Savior of Azzeroth. No night elf men though.

Took a Draenei male shaman from Level 1 all the way to max back in TBC. At first I was pretty pumped -- they were bulky, fairly bad-ass looking. The generic "Colossus from X-Men" accent and the way their hooves showed in everything got to me though by the end. Their lack of useful racials for PVP was the deal that sealed my race change to troll as soon as I was able to, however.