Got my hunter to 90, a bit lost

I am posting this because it seems all the guides are outdated. I'm wondering what order I should use cooldowns when opening up on a boss, and what the general rotation of BM is? I would also like to confirm that BM is currently the dominant spec on most fights, with Survival pulling ahead on some?

10+ Year Old Account
    A little Cliched linking Kripp's videos but this one helped me out for BM quite a bit.

I usually start with serpent sting > bestial wrath/rapid fire macro > kill command > dire beast > glaive toss > a murder of crows > stampede ***readiness*** rinse and repeat while only casting bestial wrath and a murder of crows when they fall off.

The reason I pick murder of crows and stampede last is because I want most of my procs to have proced when I use them.

I burst anywhere from 200k-250k most the time.

Oh and always pre-pot of course

Quote Originally Posted by Puerto View Post
    I usually start with serpent sting > bestial wrath/rapid fire macro > kill command > dire beast > glaive toss > a murder of crows > stampede ***readiness*** rinse and repeat while only casting bestial wrath and a murder of crows when they fall off.

The reason I pick murder of crows and stampede last is because I want most of my procs to have proced when I use them.

If having procs up is a priority for you, perhaps don't be going for abilities with the last chance to proc them first?

Serpent Sting has a chance per tick, Kill Command doesn't proc it at all, Dire Beast doesn't proc any trinkets at all. Glaive Toss has the highest chance of proccing your trinket per hit.

To ensure your stuff procs as early as possible..:

Glaive Toss > Serpent Sting (can skip the sting rly, its just what I do but im not 100% sure on it) > Dire Beast > RF + racials + Stampede > BW + AMoC > Kill Command > Readiness > Glaive Toss > Kill Command > Dire Beast.

Line BW up for the next KC, refresh AMoC when it expires and gg.

(Fyi, my gear is just one iLvl under Puerto above me, and I am bursting over 300k in main raids):

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2751&e=3152

And that's LFR where you can't count on Skull Banner etc. being up. Not boasting, it's just to prove that the method I am showing you works.
    Last edited by Azortharion; 2012-12-11 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphoric View Post
    If having procs up is a priority for you, perhaps don't be going for abilities with the last chance to proc them first?

Serpent Sting has a chance per tick, Kill Command doesn't proc it at all, Dire Beast doesn't proc any trinkets at all. Glaive Toss has the highest chance of proccing your trinket per hit.

To ensure your stuff procs as early as possible..:

Glaive Toss > Serpent Sting (can skip the sting rly, its just what I do but im not 100% sure on it) > Dire Beast > RF + racials + Stampede > BW + AMoC > Kill Command > Readiness > Glaive Toss > Kill Command > Dire Beast.

Line BW up for the next KC, refresh AMoC when it expires and gg.

(Fyi, my gear is just one iLvl under Puerto above me, and I am bursting over 300k in main raids):

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2751&e=3152

And that's LFR where you can't count on Skull Banner etc. being up. Not boasting, it's just to prove that the method I am showing you works.
    You can do much burst whatever way you play as BM pretty much, however not using KC in the start is just stupid. Imagine delaying the first glaive toss and throwing in a KC instead, you can pretty much do KC -> GT -> SS -> DB -> RF+Stampede -> BW+AMoC -> ArSx2 -> KC -> Readiness -> KC -> GT -> DB then Arcane spam until next KC.

Why you would choose not to use KC in the start and instead loose atleast one over the entire fight because of one second I don't understand. I can't see any valid reason as to why that would be.

[Edit] Of course what I said is just a suggestion, but no matter you always want to start with a KC, regardless if it procs your trinkets or not.
    Last edited by Neteyes; 2012-12-12 at 03:47 AM.

Deleted

this is so wrong it hurts

concerning other posts in this thread: never ever cast dire beast or stampede under bw. time your second dire beast before the second bw (after the first bw runs out) so you can cast it before bw for the whole fight.
    Last edited by mmocdba8acb3a5; 2012-12-12 at 06:34 AM.

Deleted
    You should use Cobra shot to regain focus. It also adds 6 seconds to your Serpent Sting, so you only have to use it once.

Quote Originally Posted by physicalia View Post
    this is so wrong it hurts

concerning other posts in this thread: never ever cast dire beast or stampede under bw. time your second dire beast before the second bw (after the first bw runs out) so you can cast it before bw for the whole fight.
    I like the part where you explain where I'm wrong. Plus.. I never said I was right.. I said what I do, which works for me and does help me rank on a lot of fights.

concerning your comment on dire best: dire beast is always up before I cast BW throughout the rest of the fight. And I don't see why you would not just cast dire beast two times right off the bat.. thats more dps and focus regen equaling more burst.

I like the part where you explain where I'm wrong. Plus.. I never said I was right.. I said what I do, which works for me and does help me rank on a lot of fights.

concerning your comment on dire best: dire beast is always up before I cast BW throughout the rest of the fight. And I don't see why you would not just cast dire beast two times right off the bat.. thats more dps and focus regen equaling more burst.
    It's a wasted GCD if you cast them during BW. That's why I do this

Prepot
    AMoC
    SrS
    Dire Beast
    Stampede
    RF
    BW
    KC
    GT
    AS x4
    KC