Thread: If we would...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    How come before LFR was introduced no one ever said "Why don't we remove loot from Normal raids because people can see the content". How come now that LFR has be introduced we see topics like this that try to diminish it popping up from time to time? Also you can see the content in all difficulties, so that is not and never has been even remotely a reason that LFR was introduced, why people keep stating as such continues to elude me.

to the OP,

Yes I raid for gear in LFR. I also use LFR to see the content. Once we've seen the content like in normal or heroic once you have beat it you only come back for the gear ready for the next tier.

LFR raiding is just the easy setting of raiding.

Easy - Normal - Hard - nightmare (the elite bosses like the protectors where it changes etc)

First person shooters - RTS etc all these games have difficulty modes why should wow be any different?

Quote Originally Posted by Drakzlol View Post
    Discuss.
    Discuss what ?
    Why you care so much about people who don't play by your standards get loot?
    Why you just can't do your normal/HC raiding and be happy?

Why do YOU care so much about LFR loot ?
    Discuss.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

10+ Year Old Account
    If loot in LFR would be removed. What do you think the communitys reaction would be?

Raid finder is there to let people who don't have the time to see raids, but in some peoples eyes it should not drop loot. I think we can all say safely 95% of the people who run LFR do it for the gear and don't give a rats ass about seeing the content itself.

If loot was removed, and Blizzards statement would be "It's there to let you see content, not use as a loot pinata"

What would be the communitys reaction?
    Discuss.
    reaction would be the same as removing loot from heroic raids because people say they want a challenge, so here is the challenge...

If it didn't give loot, but gave like 200 Valor for a clear, I'd probably still run it to easily hit the cap.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, did you really have to ask this dumb question which you already knew the answer. Of course no one would run it, why would they? For the hassle of being with a bunch of immature idiots? A better question would be why do certain raiders feel threatened by it.

Every game needs a carrot at the end of the stick, that's what keeps people doing the same thing over and over. In RPGs that carrot is levels and then gear. The more avenues that Blizzard can create for people to try and reach those carrots the better because everyone is different and the more people that play this game the better it is for everyone (more money equals more content for all).

If they removed loot people would only run it once to see the content. Hardly a wise use of resources.

If loot in LFR would be removed. What do you think the communitys reaction would be?
    If LFR doesn't have a progression-like mechanism, are future tier LFRs going to be tuned for heroic 463 gear?

If so, then if I want to see the content, I'll just resub at the end of the expansion and run them all then.

Blizzard doesn't want people to be doing this, so your idea is a nonstarter.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    I would then suggest ALL loot from ALL raids be removed... While I'm at it, I'd also suggest all valor points be removed from all raids as well...

if you are intent on cockblocking folks from trying to get better, I think you should be as well...

Good day
    It's not preventing you from getting better, it's preventing you from getting gear.

If lfr loot was removed, I would be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by KWC3587 View Post
    How about we expand the experiment and remove loot from all three and see how many hardcores stick around. After all they're in it for the challenge and not the loot.

whereas the OP is making a reasonalbe suggestion based on the purpose of LFR being to allow players who "have no time to raid, don't want to join a raiding guild, cannot tell left from right the chance to SEE what raiders do your statement is purely a goad to start an arguement. if loot was removed from all aspects of the game there would be no reason to play it at all.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Yet you run it for the loot, right? If the loot would be removed from the table would you go back there?
    I run for the VP, myself, mostly because I'm too lazy to do my dailies regularly nowadays. =D A lot of the drops are no longer upgrades, and are often more likely to be kind of side grades. Not to say later LFR stuff isn't great because it is, but my gear's reached the point where it's not as big a difference, ilevel wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    whereas the OP is making a reasonalbe suggestion based on the purpose of LFR being to allow players who "have no time to raid, don't want to join a raiding guild, cannot tell left from right the chance to SEE what raiders do your statement is purely a goad to start an arguement. if loot was removed from all aspects of the game there would be no reason to play it at all.
    This is still the same argument. That statement didn't remove loot, just loot from raiding since the OP wanted loot removed from the form of raiding they deem unworthy

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Maybe there are adults that play for enjoyment and dont have set schedules that allow 'raiding' in your sense. Maybe, Blizzard is trying to appeal to MORE people, instead of catering to the <20 crowd that sit at home living off their parents and spending their parent's money to play Wow.

Now I have a question for YOU, Would YOU do normal or heroic raids if they didn't drop anything, and if you could never have higher gear than say um.. 463?

And you are right, people should be inspired. Perhaps, something will inspire you to think beyond your own selfish agenda which is detrimental to the game, and be inspired to support things that attract more people to the game, and perhaps you might be inspired to realize that more players equals more dollars for Blizzard to spend on development for yes, you guessed it, more content
    I love the arguement that "you are not an adult if you are in an organized raiding guild".

46, clearing content, agree with O.P.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 12:40 PM ----------

Expect for the fact, in normal/heroic modes you actually run to the instance as a guild and clear the content like its supposed to be. The mechanics are there intact, working like they should and is far less forgiving than the raid finder.

You can't press "join queue", afk through a fight on heroic and get loot, can you?
    in a 25 man guild, yes you can.

Deleted
    to be honest all LFR is there for is to get some extra gear to act as help to people who need the better gear to do the raids (or just get crap RNG in normal/heroic, I know of several people doing heroic still using LFR weapons due to normal and heroic versions not dropping) or it can also be used as a way to catchup somewhat with gear if you want to change the char you are playing. so if you take out the loot the only thing you achieve is removing an alternative to the valour/daily grind.

I'd prefer it if loot wasn't available from LFR (Sure, have transmog stuff if you want. More colour models the better), but that's largely because of stat inflation and the random lottery. At least in N/HC you can designate a loot system. The fact that it's such a joke regarding difficulty and people still wipe on it (Still seeing groups wipe on Garalon and Tsulong ./facepalm) is just the nail in the coffin, more than any real desire to see it gone. Tbf, I'd be content if they just removed trinkets/tier (or at least make them not work with N/HC) from LFR, as they're the main reason why many raiders feel "pressured" into doing LFR. No point in removing weapons, because they'll just queue 2v2 and cap points for a couple of weeks to get an epic quality weapon (especially for Melee) instead and be even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by dryankem View Post
    This is still the same argument. That statement didn't remove loot, just loot from raiding since the OP wanted loot removed from the form of raiding they deem unworthy
    LFR is simply not raiding. You can ignore important mechanics, go afk and come back to auto awarded loot, or your 28 gold.

LFR in it's current state should be solely for "seeing" the content, maybe practicing what mechanics are included, scoping out positioning before stepping into a real raid. Loot is not necessary as it is hardly earned.

But won't the people running LFR see that they get to see content, then prepare to raid normals.
    Thats like saying holding up a plate and pretending to steer prepares you for driving, or playing Operation prepares you to be a surgeon.
    Your face when the Scoundrel is Gallagher.

Not intenting to cockblock anyone. I'm just simply asking, would you still do LFR if loot were removed?

I don't know why everyone suddenly goes super defensive for just a simple question. Did I yank your chains or what?
    I don't use LFR now as it stands. I don't particularly care to hang out with the unguilded and/or unskilled trash talkers who frequent this service. Take the loot out. Idc. I will keep running with guildies and premades.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    agree with O.P.
    Do you mind if I ask why? If you raid and are getting good gear why do you care if there is lesser gear given for lesser content? I'm seriously baffled by this. I'd really like to see an argument besides epeen stroking.

Deleted
    Not sure how many did, but some did. Does it matter? People cleared normals in 5 man hc gear.
    SO what?
    Most peoply cant do that. Hell, most people even struggle on Elegon or HoF with ilvl of 486. Only because someone can do it, does not mean everyone can do that. Pros take an unreasonable time to reach that.
    Another example would be soloing old content. Only because Mionelol can solo Deathwing or Challenge Modes, it doesnt mean every DK can.