10+ Year Old Account

Product Registration Code error

I just purchased a physical copy of Storm Legion, which has the base game with it. I made an account, and I was playing a character, when I got that Moneybags thing in the mail, and when I tried to equip it, I realized that I was still on a trial account/RIFT Lite (I got a message saying I can't equip rare or higher qualities on a trial account). So I moseyed on over to my account page, and went to apply code under the RIFT Lite details. I typed in my code, but then I get an error saying "We are unable to complete your purchase."

Tried about 3 times and it still didn't work. Does this mean that the code has been used? The store didn't lable it as Pre-Owned or something. Even then, I'd doubt they'd allow someone to trade in a game with a used code in the manual. Grrrrr.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 12:54 PM ----------

What's also fun is going over to the Rift forum's over at Trion, registering for the forums, and seeing this:
    - You cannot post new threads.
    - You cannot post in threads.

... LOGIC!
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Just call Trions Customer Service. They should be able to help you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, can I email them?
    1. I hate talking over the phone.
    2. I hate calling different time zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Ugh, can I email them?
    1. I hate talking over the phone.
    2. I hate calling different time zones.
    Yes you can, they typically respond very promptly
    https://support.trionworlds.com/app/...N2pOU1J0ZGw%3D

I would recommend you call them. they really are very quick and have dedicated numbers for different countries - there is a dedicated number for Australia
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Silly question, you made an account, but did you pay for a sub? The game does not come with a free month like other games, so if you have not signed up for a monthly subscription, you are still a on RIFT Lite, or trial status.

Did you buy the original game as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    @Lathais: Box says that it comes with 30 day free game time for new accounts.

@Rakash: I bought Storm Legion, which comes with the base RIFT game, and all patches upto and including Storm Legion, as well as the Storm Legion expansion pack.

@Antipathy: I left a question on the Support page about it, says they SHOULD get back to me in 24 hours.