What addons are needed for raiding?

So I did what you guys said and I did read up on the EJ forums on the changes! As I took a full 2 and half years off WoW. I went from level 80 (In full heroic wrath gear) to level 85 just last night. I am finally replacing my gear now with greens/new blues. So here is my question to you...What add-ons are you all using these days? Remember I have not played in a long time! I don't like the standard UI. I had raid frames and all that jazz back in wrath and what not. So here is what I think I need...And forgive me as I don't know the names to the add-ons...

Disease timers - So that I can watch them with a timer.
    Cool down timer - One that will count down important timers. Rise the dead, pillars, racial/trinkets and what not as well.
    Raid boss add-ons - IF they are still needed.
    Raid frames/3D target frames? - Not sure how to really explain that one but I think you know what I am talking about?

ALSO Please reconmend something that I am missing. I'm open to any advice! I also have a handle on the new rotation too. Below I will link my profile for fun. But understand nothing is enchanted due to it being a green and I am power leveling to 90!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...llaster/simple

Thanks in advance guys!

Rallaster

Quote Originally Posted by Imbalanced View Post
    Recount IMO
    Oh yes! Who could forget recount! I will have to add that on as well! Also is Cursed still the place to download all of your addons?

10+ Year Old Account
    Curse has most of your addon needs, if they don't try on Wowinterface

Dot timer: Tellmewhen, Weakauras. There are more but those are the only ones I can remember.
    CD timer: Weakauras (again, it's amazing)
    Boss addon: I'm assuming you mean with timers and so on for the important abilities, DBM / Bigwigs are the big ones.
    Unit Frames: Shadowed Unitframes / Pitbull 4, Xperl

Also I'd reccomend Bartender / dominoes (Bar addons, so you can resize / hide / whatever) and Recount / skada (damage meters).

Edit:
    If you need some help with weakauras, you can PM me and I can try and throw some auras together for you.
    Last edited by Temp name; 2012-12-11 at 02:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    if u don't like the default ui, id recommend the ElvUI package. This, plus recount/skada, DeadlyBossMods & GTFO (makes noise when u take unnecessary damage) are the only addons I use for raiding. Elv does take a bit of time to configure but once you get the hang of it you'll find it allows you to change everything to the way you want it giving a lot of the other addons listed above already built in.

if u find elv too complex, then id have to say DBM & GTFO are the needed addons for raiding.

heres a ss of my ui in mid combat, its on my hunter but i use the same profile for all my chars. http://i.imgur.com/jVSHO.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Imbalanced View Post
    Recount IMO
    yes, recount only

Quote Originally Posted by Polio View Post
    if u don't like the default ui, id recommend the ElvUI package. This, plus recount/skada, DeadlyBossMods & GTFO (makes noise when u take unnecessary damage) are the only addons I use for raiding. Elv does take a bit of time to configure but once you get the hang of it you'll find it allows you to change everything to the way you want it giving a lot of the other addons listed above already built in.

if u find elv too complex, then id have to say DBM & GTFO are the needed addons for raiding.

heres a ss of my ui in mid combat, its on my hunter but i use the same profile for all my chars. http://i.imgur.com/jVSHO.jpg
    Looks very nice! I will have to check this out. I hope to be raiding within a week or so if I can pull off the time to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Curse has most of your addon needs, if they don't try on Wowinterface

Dot timer: Tellmewhen, Weakauras. There are more but those are the only ones I can remember.
    CD timer: Weakauras (again, it's amazing)
    Boss addon: I'm assuming you mean with timers and so on for the important abilities, DBM / Bigwigs are the big ones.
    Unit Frames: Shadowed Unitframes / Pitbull 4, Xperl

Also I'd reccomend Bartender / dominoes (Bar addons, so you can resize / hide / whatever) and Recount / skada (damage meters).

Edit:
    If you need some help with weakauras, you can PM me and I can try and throw some auras together for you.
    Another great reply! I will keep them in mind. Also how hard can it be to setup weakauras? Do you gotta be able to program or something? Just wondering. I also forgot about GTFO as well. I can add that to mys list too!

15+ Year Old Account
    Deadly Boss Mods, DoTimer, Weak Auras, Recount, Bartender are the ones that would be your greatest help.

I personally use ElvUI which is a complete package.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallaster View Post
    So I did what you guys said and I did read up on the EJ forums on the changes! As I took a full 2 and half years off WoW. I went from level 80 (In full heroic wrath gear) to level 85 just last night. I am finally replacing my gear now with greens/new blues. So here is my question to you...What add-ons are you all using these days? Remember I have not played in a long time! I don't like the standard UI. I had raid frames and all that jazz back in wrath and what not. So here is what I think I need...And forgive me as I don't know the names to the add-ons...

Disease timers - So that I can watch them with a timer.
    Cool down timer - One that will count down important timers. Rise the dead, pillars, racial/trinkets and what not as well.
    Raid boss add-ons - IF they are still needed.
    Raid frames/3D target frames? - Not sure how to really explain that one but I think you know what I am talking about?

ALSO Please reconmend something that I am missing. I'm open to any advice! I also have a handle on the new rotation too. Below I will link my profile for fun. But understand nothing is enchanted due to it being a green and I am power leveling to 90!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...llaster/simple

Thanks in advance guys!

Rallaster
    None, I did top end raiding (world top 50) for many years and never used anything other than recount, which I used outside of the raid instance to help with my theory crafting.

Therefore what addons you want are up to you, browse through the addons at the curse website. Click "curse sites" on the top left of this website, and then curse.com.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Deleted
    BigWigs or any other boss mods is the only thing I use. The rest is just fluff that annoys my eye.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks very nice! I will have to check this out. I hope to be raiding within a week or so if I can pull off the time to play.

Another great reply! I will keep them in mind. Also how hard can it be to setup weakauras? Do you gotta be able to program or something? Just wondering. I also forgot about GTFO as well. I can add that to mys list too!
    Weak auras isn't too hard to set up, it's just intimidating if you've never used it before because it can do anything and everything. If you play around with it for awhile you'll get the basics down quickly and can make your own auras quickly and easily.

DBM, a disease timer (I use NeedToKnow), a bar mod (Bartender), something to keep runes/runic power/etc information handy (I use Umber Runes because it looks like the default display but with more info), and something to track cooldowns and whatnot (WeakAuras). If you're tanking, something to track your blood shield (Blood Shield Tracker is good, you can disable the extra bits that are already covered in other addons) and something to watch threat (Omen, Tidy Plates with Threat Plates module, etc). Recount is good for making sure your performance is as awesome as you think it is, but hide it during combat if you have tunnel vision tendencies.

Deleted
    ElvUI package takes care of raid frames, can even track your disease etc + its nice and dark easy on the eyes. Thou if you decide to use it you will need a separate addon to track your runes and runic power (my person fav is Magic Runes, but there is a lot of them on curse like Docs debug runes, clc dk etc.)
    Deadly Boss Mods (DBM)/Bigwigs for boss timers
    weak auras or power auras- to track cd timers and possibly dots if you don't like the elvui way (weak auras are my personal favorite)
    Omen3- for threat (thou elvui has a built in threat tracker)
    Clique - for fast combat ressing
    gnosis - can track your auto attack swing timer to optimize procs like killing machine
    recount/skada - tracks dps/hps and whatnot thou skada is my personal favorite

if you tanking then other than the ones mentioned above
    blood shield tracker
    vengeance status - tracks your attack power gain from vengeance
    parrot - combat text addon that can customize scrolling combat text. If u set it so only your dmg intake is in one place it can help u track it and optimize death striking.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    yes, recount only
    heh that reminds me of an app in my previous guild (apps were open to see for everyone in case they had some comments)
    it was a mage, with just the standard UI, no keybindings (well apart from the standart 1234567890), no combustion helper no nothing, but a big fat recount in the lower right taking up at least 1/5th of his screen

made me laugh ^^

edit: using ElvUI, DBM, Tell Me When, Blood Shield Tracker and Skada

10+ Year Old Account

It isn't too hard once you get the hang of it, but the first few times it can be a little annoying.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 07:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TyloBedo View Post
    Weak auras isn't too hard to set up, it's just intimidating if you've never used it before because it can do anything and everything. If you play around with it for awhile you'll get the basics down quickly and can make your own auras quickly and easily.
    It can do everything if you know how, and it can do nothing if you don't.

Deleted
    I'd like to pitch in and reccomend http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/docsdebugrunes

I like the interface and have gotten used to the bars for "rune watching" as I play DW and basically need to make sure there's an unholy run on CD etc

Deleted
    For rune tracking I use:

Magic runes + Acherus Runes

In this configuration:

I've recently switched to Acherus for RP tracking because the triangle shape is brilliant imo...

Edit: The disease timers are weakauras incase you're wondering

Thank you ALL for your replies! I think I heard you all loud and clear on what I will need with my return to WoW!

Weak auras I will try for sure! Plus the UI just looks cool. I did however install recount last night! (Inside joke to the mage app!)
    Magic runes looks good too and Acherus looks like a good plan too.

As always the community here is very helpful!

Rallaster

I'd say Skada > Recount as a damage meter, just because it doesnt take up as much memory stuffs. I remember on Ultraxion, everyone had to shut off Recount because the communication between them went berserk and everyone lagged while the people with Skada were perfectly fine.

I use: ElvUI, WeakAura's, DBM, Skada and our dkp addon for raids. ReforgeLite outside of raids