Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    Justicar is such a long grind that it's more unique. That's what I meant.

A friend helped me disarm those 5 bombs in Strand by CCing enemies. You would have to be extremely lucky otherwise. That's just one example and now that is gone.

An achievement simply loses its value when it's nerfed.

Sorry.
    While BM is pretty hard to get, I think that Justicar is much more difficult. As stated before you only get rep from Flag caps, unless you are in a pre-made chances are you are going to lose more than you win with maybe 1-2 caps per game, which is 30-60 rep ( I think).

If a player has just started recently ( say WOTLK and above) the grind to get Justicar is insane. For Vanilla players there was a time you could turn in commendations for points, which helped, but that was only for a small amount of time.

Heck, I am a vanilla player and was exalted with AB / AV in 2005 or something, and got 17k / 21k of WSG rep way back when. I stopped PVP'ing since Vanilla until late Cata and FINALLY finished up my WSG rep and got Justicar this Summer (2012), 7 years later. Now I could have got it much sooner than that had I continued to PVP in all expansions, but I would never want to have to grind that again for any character.

Deleted
    Justicar is such a long grind that it's more unique. That's what I meant.

A friend helped me disarm those 5 bombs in Strand by CCing enemies. You would have to be extremely lucky otherwise. That's just one example and now that is gone.

An achievement simply loses its value when it's nerfed.

Sorry.
    Remember when Justicar was just a requirement for the Battlemaster meta? now that was a nerf that made BM lose its value

I think Justicar is more unique as well, not sure if its the "grass is green on the other side" - effect, since i have Battlemaster but not Justicar (revered with wsg).
    However saying that battlemaster lost its value when a very small part of the achievement was nerfed is overreacting.
    I got the 5 bombs achievement on my 2nd try the same way you did, nowadays it would be near impossible even if you had a full group of friends helping you since i think it is very rare to see 5 bombs even used during a game! in WotLK alot of people used bombs. So i think the nerf was called for..
    The other nerfed achievement was arathi basin achievement which was one of the most rng achievement of the whole meta. The other 100 achievements needed for the meta stayed the same, including the hardest achievements. In my eyes it hasn't lost it's value.

Finished both of these achievements within a month of each other last year (although now thanks to account wide achievements, I show having credit for Battlemaster a year and a half earlier...). Battlemaster came first, which then prompted me to pound out WSG rep to achieve a "proper" BM achievement (since I remember when it required Conqueror/Justicar). Fortunately I was already into revered (around 4k/21k) with WSG at that time.

Character was created a month after BC started, so no commendation turn ins to help with the rep.

I run around with Battlemaster at this time, and probably will continue to do so for a long time. I've seen 1, maybe 2 folks with the title since MoP released (although I know of several others that were on our server with the title, many have quit), whereas I've seen Conqueror/Justicar a bit more.

Don't think one title is "better" than the other; both are equally cool. I just so happen to have a good problem to have...and I can change between the two titles whenever I like.

Deleted
    We will probably have a ton of "Justicars" running around soon..Anyone noticed how many bots there are, especially in WSG?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    I have Battlemaster, Shen'dralar, Insane, Bloodsail Admiral exalted, Seeker of the Knowledge, Relic Hunter and many other heavy grind titles.
    But WSG rep is just painful as it is only gained on flag caps.
    You could afk in your games for AB, WSG and AV but in true honesty.

You afk in WSG... You ruin your team and not get any caps.
    Baseline.. It takes 400 games at 3 flags per game to get to exalted.
    And every1 knows that... You will on average do 500-600 maybe even more to reach exalted.

If you take pre-mades out of it and solely pug and possibly on a bad battle group. 700 - 1000 games.

So saying the 1 is a obv choice that battlemaster is supreme is 1 tracked.
    Theres a shendralar title?

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

I always thought Justicar was lame because it was just a repetitive grind. No challenge to it, just run a lot of WSG. By the way, whoever said you have to be the one capping the flag to get rep in WSG is wrong. In Cata the way it worked was you get slightly more rep for capping the flag yourself (45 I think), but you still get 35 rep for each cap that happens with your team. So yeah, you can still bot your way to Justicar.

Battlemaster has/had some achievements that definitely required luck, like winning AB 1590 to 1600. But the vast majority were all about perseverance and taking advantage of opportunities. Disarming 5 bombs in Strands as a rogue was all about how creatively I could CC people. Obviously, some games people might not even use 5 bombs, but you play enough games and eventually you'll get the opportunity to complete the achieve. It's up to the player to take advantage of the opportunity and complete it when he can. That's where the skill comes in; if you don't complete the achieves when you can, it's gonna take you a lot more than 100 games in each BG to get Battlemaster.

I got BM at the end of Wrath and had every achieve but one completed by the time I got my 100 wins achievements for each BG. The only one I needed was EotS perfection, and I got that within a few tries by running a 5-man premade.

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    Theres a shendralar title?
    You didn't know?

15+ Year Old Account
    Have both, use neither, the amount of bots that have this on my server is dumb
    Sig by Safhira

Quote Originally Posted by Thopp View Post
    Which one would you use if you had both?
    I have both, I use Battlemaster.

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 12:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    Bots with Battlemaster?

Don't think I've ever seen one of those.

I usually use Battlemaster+Battle Tabard of the Defilers.
    Last edited by Scooby Dooby Doo; 2012-12-15 at 07:42 PM.

Conqueror for me. Battlemaster may be harder to get in the sense that you probably won't get it unless you're specifically trying to, but to me Conqueror or Justicar is a badge of honor. It means you've seen a whole lot of combat. Warsong takes so long to get exalted in, especially if you don't run premades, that it alone is worth more than all the Battlemaster achievements to me. I wouldn't use any title over Conqueror, personally.

Justicar would be my choice. Seems to sound better to me.

In my opinion Conqueror/Justicar sounds better and feels more unique and old school than Battlemaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    You didn't know?
    No because there isn't one?

Agent of the Shen'dralar is the name of the achievement not the title.

---------- Post added 2012-12-20 at 01:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    A Battlemaster bot? Unlikely

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    Agent of the Shen'dralar is the name of the achievement not the title.
    Having that achievement is a title itself.
    Only people that have done it will understand.

Regardless. Justicar all the way

Don't really use either anymore.

I got Conqueror a few months before finishing Battlemaster, but that was back in 2009 and still needed the reps to finish up BM, so I hadn't focused too much on the rest before finishing the reps. I used BM title for a long time though, there was only like 1 other person on the server at the time with it.

AB tabard still kicks ass though, still use that
    Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother%$#@er.
    -
    Jamboro: 110 SPriest, Jamb: 110 Blood DK, Jambori: 110 Prot. Warrior,Jambro: 110 Frost Mage, etc.

Deleted
    Try botting Justicar now. It will take you a few months.

That makes the title more unique.

Battlemaster is like being given a gold medal just for showing up. "You're the last winner".

Edit: Alterac Blitz wasn't luck. You needed to rush with some tanks for that. You could also manipulate the score in AB to get the We had it all along achievement.
    There are quite a lot of achievments you can't get by pure luck and have to actively go for. I still think they should take all the currently existing battlegrounds and create a new meta for them, an title for mount would be nice. I'm about finished with ALL battlegrounds.

Since Horde gets Conqueror over Justicar, I'd definitely use that 'cause it's just a badass title.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    There are quite a lot of achievments you can't get by pure luck and have to actively go for. I still think they should take all the currently existing battlegrounds and create a new meta for them, an title for mount would be nice. I'm about finished with ALL battlegrounds.
    Apparently your wish will be made true in 5.2

Justicar. Now achievements are merged Battlemaster is a lot more common.
    Conqueror sounds so much better though..