Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I actually like it too. Feels awesome to handle that many buttons (dont ask me why).

After playing the snoozefest that was surv in DS, I enjoy having more buttons. It keeps fights interesting.

The difference between warriors and hunters is that most of warrior's buttons provide powerful and varying utility, whereas hunter's are pretty much all designed to do damage and little to nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Flickyz View Post
    I love my hunter, but i hate that it feels like i'm playing a piano when playing it. But i still have fun.
    This is exactly how I feel when I'm raiding. I'm playing a piano with some 10+ keys, and with those keys I'm playing the glorious song of our people. Though it helps you feel better if you've got some piano music playing in the background.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandwrong View Post
    This is exactly how I feel when I'm raiding. I'm playing a piano with some 10+ keys, and with those keys I'm playing the glorious song of our people. Though it helps you feel better if you've got some piano music playing in the background.
    My long lost brother. i've found you.

I don't mind the buttons, but I don't like whack-a-mole. I think if MM was the top spec, with its rhythmic qualities and GT/DB/AMoC thrown in there I think I would absolutely love it.

MM is like a German opera, it has style and function and structure. BM is like some Italian mess.

i love it

hunter skillcap has been dropping almost every expac

at least this 100 button whack-a-mole makes thing a little bit more complicated

Quote Originally Posted by Crooklyn View Post
    i love it

hunter skillcap has been dropping almost every expac

at least this 100 button whack-a-mole makes thing a little bit more complicated
    As a healer, I am unhappy you enjoy trying to figure out which button to press while you're standing in fire so you don't lose 20k DPS because your new rotations are insane. Thanks for that!

Quote Originally Posted by mrpoundsign View Post
    As a healer, I am unhappy you enjoy trying to figure out which button to press while you're standing in fire so you don't lose 20k DPS because your new rotations are insane. Thanks for that!
    That must be your hunter in your raids because it is very easy to move as a hunter now.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by mrpoundsign View Post
    that is a player issue not a class/rotation issue

I wish they had put in the moving CS and SS in a long time ago.

I hate it. Doing 200% more work than other classes for 80% of their damage is unrewarding and incompetent game design. If we were doing 100% of the damage mages/locks can dish out for 200% more work them them i wouldn't mind, but this is not the case atm.

MM in FL and Survival in DS were boring, but at least i didn't feel like i am burdening my raid.

Deleted
    Rework Dire Beast into a proc and change Glaive Toss.. somehow.
    Frenzy works but is arbitrary as fuck.
    Readiness is the source of our problems - but how can they strip BM/SV from it without buffing BM/SV insanely?

I don't like all of those buttons because I don't want arthritis when I grow older, but a complicated set of tools is satisfying me greatly. Dire Beast just feels so.. transparent. It doesn't feel like it's even there, the damage of it is unnoticable in combat and the focus regen is so-so. Glaive Toss can get out higher crits than Arcane Shot with a lower focus cost. So this is a glorified AoE Arcane Shot with Thrill of the Hunt proc..?

Frenzy is a weird one, it's really good on single target, but if you're switching targets it's absolutely horrible and I wouldn't imagine keeping those 3 stacks of Frenzy to your pet even does you any good.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    I hate it. Doing 200% more work than other classes for 80% of their damage is unrewarding and incompetent game design. If we were doing 100% of the damage mages/locks can dish out for 200% more work them them i wouldn't mind, but this is not the case atm.

MM in FL and Survival in DS were boring, but at least i didn't feel like i am burdening my raid.
    This is kind of how I feel. Doing mediocre damage (below median prior to the recent patches) and having a 15-button PVE rotation (w/ CDs) is asking too much. In my mind, it's kind of like the John Madden style of gameplay Feral Druids had back in Wrath. I'd be more comfortable playing one of the most involved/complicated specs if it translated to doing higher DPS... but as it stands, there's not enough reward for the effort involved.

Deleted
    I run with about 60+ key binds in PVP. I'm lucky to have the Naga mouse that gives me the possibility to get all those key binds.
    I leveled a monk, because i could just not figure my hunter out.

I now love it since i actually gave it time and automated the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    depends on talent choices, but if you care about damage, then 3 more buttons[
    Well, I think we have 4-5 more: Stampede, Dire Beast, A Murder of Crows, Barrage/Glaive Toss and SV/BM got Readiness. Also BM lost Fervor. So it is 4 extra for BM/MM and 5 extra for SV.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Kill Command and several other hunter spells hit like angry bears. I had a KC crit on Elegon last night fall just shy of 400k (and yes I know, damage buff on him, but that's still a huge hit regardless).

Some of you mentioned it being fine for PvE, not so much for PvP. I don't PvP so I guess that's why I haven't felt that pain. Mind you, I will occasionally nuke a flagged horde player if I come across one, but I usually just treat them like a raid boss and unload everything until they die. XD
    i hit 520k on a blink strike on one of my heroic garalon attempts tonight (that fight sucks BTW)

i do not mind working hard fo dps... but its sad when a frost DK can faceroll and do 30k more DPS... If you make a high skill cap class you should be rewarded for playing it right..... However Blizzards mentality is the easier it is to play the more DPS it can do.
    Last edited by Nemesis003; 2012-12-14 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    which is reverse somehow by blizzards logic
    yeah...arcane mage - 2 buttons lol

It's not like you have to hit a ridiculous amount of buttons for the entire encounter. It's only at the start/burst/2nd round of CD's.
    The rest just comes down to timing your cd's with your knowledge of the encounter, and you'll do good numbers for a hunter anyway.

You are definitely nuts.

Having an interesting and challenging rotation is one thing, but having a rotation that is so over-bloated with buttons that some hunters simply don't have enough reasonable keybinds for it (along with their utility) is a completely different ball-game.

I think Survival's rotation would be easier if Murder of Crows had no focus cost (as opposed to a laughable 60) or if they got rid of either Glaive Toss or Dire Beast. I can sort of live with Dire Beast, but 15 second Glaive Toss being in EVERY hunter rotation so frequently is stupid, and would be stupid for any class.

It's dumb when I can't even play a unique spec because every 15 seconds I'm either using Glaive Toss or Dire Beast, like the other two hunter specs. No other class has to deal with talents that come up in their central rotation that frequently. I'm all for a challenging rotation, but that's too much and not fun.
    Last edited by Penguintamer; 2012-12-15 at 09:06 PM.